By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U holiday bundles/deals predictions

snyps said:
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:

ninty will extend the 3DS deal to the wii u.. buy a system and a game receive a free dl game.

They will drop the 32gb model and sell the 8gb for $279. Seriously what good is the 32gb, not enough to store a collection. the 8gb is necessary for the OS.

But doesnt the 32gb sell alot better than the 8gb, that could be just cuz it has a game tho

Or could be ppl dont know what gigabytes are. I seen alot of ppl buy phones, computers, and tablets comparing gigabytes without knowing its for storage. lol. Like it meant horsepower or something .. i'm serious. i think soundwave nailed the price tag "My guess is $279.99". Doesnt that number have a ring to it?

U and soundwave have some good points so one sku at $279.99 with ur choice of Nintendo Land/NSMBU/Wind Waker/Pikmin 3. Also a $299.99 Mario Kart U bundle, official Nintendo 32gb USB for $29.99/250gb HDD for $99.99.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:

ninty will extend the 3DS deal to the wii u.. buy a system and a game receive a free dl game.

They will drop the 32gb model and sell the 8gb for $279. Seriously what good is the 32gb, not enough to store a collection. the 8gb is necessary for the OS.

But doesnt the 32gb sell alot better than the 8gb, that could be just cuz it has a game tho

Or could be ppl dont know what gigabytes are. I seen alot of ppl buy phones, computers, and tablets comparing gigabytes without knowing its for storage. lol. Like it meant horsepower or something .. i'm serious. i think soundwave nailed the price tag "My guess is $279.99". Doesnt that number have a ring to it?

U and soundwave have some good points so one sku at $279.99 with ur choice of Nintendo Land/NSMBU/Wind Waker/Pikmin 3. Also a $299.99 Mario Kart U bundle, official Nintendo 32gb USB for $29.99/250gb HDD for $99.99.

a $299.99 mario kart could sell like mad

snyps said:
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:

a $299.99 mario kart could sell like mad

It could and will this christmas

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't think Nintendo wants to "give away" Mario Kart as part of the bundle deal though. They need to make money this fiscal year, Mario Kart U is going to be their biggest Wii U title, I think they won't bundle it until next year at least. They want people paying the full $59.99 for that puppy.

NSMBU might be get bundled, I could see that.

Soundwave said:

I don't think Nintendo wants to "give away" Mario Kart as part of the bundle deal though. They need to make money this fiscal year, Mario Kart U is going to be their biggest Wii U title, I think they won't bundle it until next year at least. They want people paying the full $59.99 for that puppy.

Assuming that the publisher + being 1st party they get $34 off that 60, wouldn't it be better to bundle the thing at $40 more pre-installed?

Or would that not work due to storage issues and whatnot, but not really a problem if they bundle it with a 32GB.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Another good point, wait til its been out a year before bundling like MK7 and 3D Land for 3DS

Mario Kart and NSMBU are the 2 first party games I believe have the best shot at being bundled.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)