By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U problem

So here's a problem that I'm hoping you guys will be able to solve for me.

I was browsing the Internet on the Wii U when it crashed on me (approx. 11:15 BST). It's not the first time, but it was unfortunate. So I attempted to turn it off by holding down the power button on the GamePad, which turned the GamePad off, but not the system. No problem I thought, I'll just turn the system off at the plug. 

When I did so, and attempted to reboot the system, I noted that the GamePad would not turn on. Again, not a problem because it was dying (flashing red), so I'll just charge it up, and proceeded to power on the Wii U itself. However, the Wii U booted up perfectly fine, yet the GamePad still did not turn on. As it was charging, I was also surprised to see that the LED indicating it is charging was not on. I have since removed the battery, changed the plug socket and held down the power button again, and re-synced the controller, but nothing has worked.

So what should I do? I should stress that this is not a problem with the Wii U, but the GamePad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Call customer support?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Call customer support?

It's 2AM here nearly, it'll be something to try in the morning. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something obvious I'd missed.

what chark said, call customer support. especially if this isn't the first time you probably got a lemon gamepad. knowing you got it less than a year ago i'm sure nintendo will replace it for you.

sucks that you won't be able to play for a while though.

Look up on google, bing, yahoo or whatever you use to see if anybody else has had the same problem.

You may have to wait until you can call Customer support though.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
what chark said, call customer support. especially if this isn't the first time you probably got a lemon gamepad. knowing you got it less than a year ago i'm sure nintendo will replace it for you.

sucks that you won't be able to play for a while though.

This is the first time I've had any issues whatsoever with the system. Though if you recall a couple years back my 3DS suddenly broke around the same time, though I think I know what caused it.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/17525

Have you powered everything down, then turned it all on using the game pad?

I think I found someone with the same problem as you.
You should unscrew the cover on the back, remove the battery for 10 seconds and put it back in.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
I think I found someone with the same problem as you.
You should unscrew the cover on the back, remove the battery for 10 seconds and put it back in.

this

Click HERE and be happy