By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U problem

Conegamer said:
kitler53 said:
what chark said, call customer support. especially if this isn't the first time you probably got a lemon gamepad. knowing you got it less than a year ago i'm sure nintendo will replace it for you.

sucks that you won't be able to play for a while though.

This is the first time I've had any issues whatsoever with the system. Though if you recall a couple years back my 3DS suddenly broke around the same time, though I think I know what caused it.

re-reads post.  okay, first time the browser crashed.  either way just contact nintendo.  they we're very good to me both times my wii crashed.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Flanneryaug said:
I think I found someone with the same problem as you.
http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/17525
You should unscrew the cover on the back, remove the battery for 10 seconds and put it back in.

this

I already did this and it didnt work sadly. Will try again, though!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So do you think the controller has any charge. My connection to the controller is a little flaky, sometimes I have to wiggle out to make sure it charges.

hsrob said:
So do you think the controller has any charge. My connection to the controller is a little flaky, sometimes I have to wiggle out to make sure it charges.

No, I don't think it has any charge sadly. There was a problem with the connector where the metal was bent so it wouldn't fit in the GamePad, but I bent it back into place last week, and it's been charged since.

pezus said:
The only solution is to buy a new one for $150.

Worst case scenario is he'll have to get a free replacement from Nintendo.

Now, when my Blu-ray drive on my 80GB Fat PS3 went out immediately after a firmware update, Sony wanted $150 to fix it as I didn't have the store receipt for the system even though the manufacture date on the system was less than a year old.  Of the three (Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony), Nintendo has by far the best customer service (I've used them all).

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
BuckStud said:
pezus said:
The only solution is to buy a new one for $150.

Worst case scenario is he'll have to get a free replacement from Nintendo.

Now, when my the Blu-ray drive on my 80GB Fat PS3 went out immediately after a firmware update, Sony wanted $150 to fix it as I didn't have the store receipt for the system even though the manufacture date on the system was less than a year old.  Of the three (Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony), Nintendo has by far the best customer service (I've used them all).

Yeah I used the Nintendo Customer Support twice, and they were very, very good. So...I'm not worried about using them.

Ah well. I think I'll just call them and see what happens really.

The manual didn`t give any tips on how to solve this?

Yeah Conegamer, don't worry. My friend sent in his old Wii when it had a faulty disk drive. Outside of warranty. He did not have to pay shipping fees and it returned 10 days after he sent it in. Nintendo didn't charge him at all (they told him the disk drive must probably have been from a bad batch) and even loaded 1000 points for the shopping channel (basically 1 N64, SNES or 2 NES games) for the inconveniance. The customer support is superb.