By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo Side Stepping E3 Because Of Third Party Snubs?

I don't believe Nintendo has had a third party megaton since the SNES days.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I don't believe Nintendo has had a third party megaton since the SNES days.

In the USA? No.

Monster Hunter begs to differ, otherwise. Tri was a pretty big deal (especially as Capcom had previously confirmed a third home console MH going to PS3)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nintendo isn't sidesteping E3 so this is a pointless OP.

Zero999 said:

Nintendo isn't sidesteping E3 so this is a pointless OP.

I think he means sidestepping the grand stage. They wont take any spotlight from Sony or Microsoft unless they have a megaton. They better be confident in it.

Sal.Paradise said:

I think your interpretation is too negative..they haven't let lack of third party support stop them before (and wasn't the 'secondary console' thing something Iwata mentioned was contributing to sales of the Wii? That didn't stop them either.) The best way to get that support is to sell your system, which I believe the conference is the best way of doing. No doubt that the next PS and XBox will dominate the show but looking at their game lineup they have to unveil, it'll automatically be better than the last two E3s for the Wii U...and I DO think they'd attract the PS/Xbox crowd with those games, to some degree. 

This is some serious speculation though, as we don't know how much or really how many of these games Nintendo will unveil, and we're still missing so much info about the PS/XBox lineup and featureset. 

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one. I just can't believe they've given up on the conference for the reasons you say. 

I don't think know Nintendo has totally given up on E3. I agree that having a bigger conference might be beneficial to get a point across, but they can still do it with these smaller conferences. It's just a matter of how they want to go about it. As of right now, none of us are completely sure how this Conference-xperiment (so to say ) will go and how it'll be planned out.

However, if we look back at Nintendo's Direct videos then we can see them leading up to this conclusion of a "smaller conference." Nintendo had already announced a new Zelda, new Mario Kart, new 3D Mario, something else I can't remember, etc. All they really have to do is show gameplay and ideas for these games. Large conferences aren't a neccessity for that type of thing.

I would like a normal conference, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see how this'll go. I feel like Nintendo could do quite good with it... or not.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I think your interpretation is too negative..they haven't let lack of third party support stop them before (and wasn't the 'secondary console' thing something Iwata mentioned was contributing to sales of the Wii? That didn't stop them either.) The best way to get that support is to sell your system, which I believe the conference is the best way of doing. No doubt that the next PS and XBox will dominate the show but looking at their game lineup they have to unveil, it'll automatically be better than the last two E3s for the Wii U...and I DO think they'd attract the PS/Xbox crowd with those games, to some degree. 

This is some serious speculation though, as we don't know how much or really how many of these games Nintendo will unveil, and we're still missing so much info about the PS/XBox lineup and featureset. 

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one. I just can't believe they've given up on the conference for the reasons you say. 

I don't think know Nintendo has totally given up on E3. I agree that having a bigger conference might be beneficial to get a point across, but they can still do it with these smaller conferences. It's just a matter of how they want to go about it. As of right now, none of us are completely sure how this Conference-xperiment (so to say ) will go and how it'll be planned out.

However, if we look back at Nintendo's Direct videos then we can see them leading up to this conclusion of a "smaller conference." Nintendo had already announced a new Zelda, new Mario Kart, new 3D Mario, something else I can't remember, etc. All they really have to do is show gameplay and ideas for these games. Large conferences aren't a neccessity for that type of thing.

I would like a normal conference, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see how this'll go. I feel like Nintendo could do quite good with it... or not.

I'm interested in seeing how it works out too. I'm negative about it but that's just me. You mention that in their past NDirects they've set themselves up for this but I disagree, I think the opposite; they've teased a ton of big titles but haven't shown much gameplay if at all, so the big stage is the perfect time to unleash all that on the world in one big blowout. That would make an impression.

Like the big fireworks that go off in a flurry after all the little ones are done wizzing about. 

My bad, didn't mean to bring up bad nintendoland memories DD: