By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo not holding traditional E3 press conference this year?

This might work for the 3ds which already has an established user base, but this will seriously backfire on them for the wiiU. Nintendo directs are good but they are only for people that already have nintendo consoles or follow nintendo news closely.

It's like nintendo are purposely making bad decisions now, that can be the only explanation for this. Holding smaller press conferences for the western gaming media, the same media that likes to spin any nintendo news into negative news, yeah brilliant idea. Killing any kind of momentum the wiiU could have had with the games they have to show (hopefully they have these games to show). All I need to hear now is the announcement of a Mario Sunshine 2 and I will know exactly where the wiiU stands.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

wii u has absolutely no chance if even nintendo are giving up on it. i guess they just have no idea what to do with it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

My god, you're really just cerry picking about the DLC... What about everything else? Sure, there was some wishful thinking in there (SSB4 namely), but as a whole that is a much better conference than the actual one Nintendo had. And there has been studies about DLC's indicating that the sooner a DLC comes more people will get it. If it comes out like s few weeks after the games release a lot less are gonna get it...

I'm actually not comparing companies; you can compare e3 to going to the movies to watching a film at home, or going to a concert to simply playing an album at home.... It's just not the same. You don't get to share it with anyone

Considering how bad E3 2012 was, it wouldn't be hard to top it. Regarding day 1 DLC or DLC in general, I rather have complete games, then this bits and pieces garbage. A lot of companies even have the nerve to charge for DLC.

E3 is watching a stream. Nintendo Direct is watching a stream. Unless you are a journalist who attends E3, there's no difference between the two. You can watch both streams with friends and post on a forum while the event is happening.

By the way, did you know that Nintendo didn't attend gamescom last year? Or that they never attend the Tokyo Games Show?

I have to admit that I don't like day 1DLC either; but I can understand it if a lot less people gets them if it's released 1 month later. And I also prefer a whole game when I buy it, but I think Nintendo has got this one right; just look at Super Luigi U - THAT'S how you do DLC! All new content, all new challanges. It's like getting a second game!

Still, I don't find ND as exciting as e3 - and that's why a lot of people complain I think. They want that excitment. (Done right of course)

That's some interesting trivia I already knew.

::Applause at the bold::

E3 is primarily watched by the core but gets publicized and leaked out to the masses. ND is only for the core. The views on the official page proves it. Of the big three Nintendo has the lowest Youtube numbers at its peak so ND helps very little. Will someone please slap Iwata?

now you're saying the ND contents don't get publicized?  please continue, I can't laugh enough of your posts .

pezus said:

Kaz agrees with Rol

This year, Nintendo will not be using a big E3 press conference to make exciting announcements. So just like last year, then

Why are we not holding an E3 press conference this year? Because nobody can complain about our press conference if there isn’t one!

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

My god, you're really just cerry picking about the DLC... What about everything else? Sure, there was some wishful thinking in there (SSB4 namely), but as a whole that is a much better conference than the actual one Nintendo had. And there has been studies about DLC's indicating that the sooner a DLC comes more people will get it. If it comes out like s few weeks after the games release a lot less are gonna get it...

I'm actually not comparing companies; you can compare e3 to going to the movies to watching a film at home, or going to a concert to simply playing an album at home.... It's just not the same. You don't get to share it with anyone

Considering how bad E3 2012 was, it wouldn't be hard to top it. Regarding day 1 DLC or DLC in general, I rather have complete games, then this bits and pieces garbage. A lot of companies even have the nerve to charge for DLC.

E3 is watching a stream. Nintendo Direct is watching a stream. Unless you are a journalist who attends E3, there's no difference between the two. You can watch both streams with friends and post on a forum while the event is happening.

By the way, did you know that Nintendo didn't attend gamescom last year? Or that they never attend the Tokyo Games Show?

I have to admit that I don't like day 1DLC either; but I can understand it if a lot less people gets them if it's released 1 month later. And I also prefer a whole game when I buy it, but I think Nintendo has got this one right; just look at Super Luigi U - THAT'S how you do DLC! All new content, all new challanges. It's like getting a second game!

Still, I don't find ND as exciting as e3 - and that's why a lot of people complain I think. They want that excitment. (Done right of course)

That's some interesting trivia I already knew.

::Applause at the bold::

E3 is primarily watched by the core but gets publicized and leaked out to the masses. ND is only for the core. The views on the official page proves it. Of the big three Nintendo has the lowest Youtube numbers at its peak so ND helps very little. Will someone please slap Iwata?

now you're saying the ND contents don't get publicized?  please continue, I can't laugh enough of your posts .

Who says it doesn't get publicized? Nintendo direct is directed towards the Nintendo faithful, whom are the minority and only gets spread to gaming websites. CNN wont cover it. Funny how the media was talking about the Xbox 720 reveal last night on the news. ND only affects a minority of the Nintendo universe, but E3's news breaks out even into mainstream media.

Around the Network

Man, now Nintendo actually has me worried...

im sorry even the most die hard nintendo fan cannot agree to this, a nintendo direct isnt the same as an E3 conference.

theres many other events in the year where nintendo can make announcements like TGS etc this is just a crass move and cannot be suger coated over.

sorry you just cannot agree to this, poor decision nintendo. if sony took a step like this the press would close curtains on sony, i dont understand

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I can't believe the damage control in this thread, ND is for Nintendo faithful and the extreme fans. E3 is for everyone else on the planet. If you think this is a good idea then you are only fooling yourself because all I see is Nintendo rolling over for Sony and Microsoft to steal the show and make Wii U an afterthought.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Cobretti2 said:
I think Nintendo has given up on the old and will focus on USA lol.

The proof is right here in AUS, main stream 3DS games are all sold out and no new stock on horizon. Some of these games only had enough to fill preorders.

Games like:

Castlevania
Luigi's mansion 2
Mh3
Fire Emblem

Not to mention Wii U is nothing but cancellations here atm lol.

The two eb stores I frequent said 3DS is selling well but they had heaps of 3DS stock and are full of fire emblem posters  with heaps of fire emblem games ,  you do have a point with Wii U though .

Still it could be worse like Vita's presence in Target never usually  shop there but needed a lamp and noticed they have an electronics section , they had a small Wii U  display cabinet  in a good position then rows of PS3/ 360 followed by Wii 3ds etc hardware and games,  including a surprisingly  large section of psp games and hardware with at least fifty psp games and half that amount in hardware , I then searched the place and they had no Vita games / hardware at all not even a small empty section.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Skeeuk said:

im sorry even the most die hard nintendo fan cannot agree to this, a nintendo direct isnt the same as an E3 conference.

theres many other events in the year where nintendo can make announcements like TGS etc this is just a crass move and cannot be suger coated over.

sorry you just cannot agree to this, poor decision nintendo. if sony took a step like this the press would close curtains on sony, i dont understand

GIANT FACEPALM. NINTENDO IS ATENDING E3, ONLY NOT WITH A BIG PRESS CONFERENCE AS USUAL. AND THERE WILL BE NINTENDO DIRECTS. basically the public still gets all the game information they'd get anyway. it's amazing how people ran out of excuses and are now complaining about the way nintendo reveals games.