By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Laughs, Becomes CEO of Nintendo of America

curl-6 said:

You're just jealous that I called this years ago ;)

Around the Network

So this new guy,Tatsumi Kimishima, is the Ceo of Nintendo Japan? Sorry i didnt understand fully, what happened.

Mazty said:
curl-6 said:

I'm just amused that you would claim not to be biased given your habit of going out of your way to bash everything to do with Nintendo.

Yes, their business decisions of late have been awful and deserving of criticism, but the comments I see from you seem a bit too snide to pass as unbiased discussion. 

curl-6 said:
Mazty said:
curl-6 said:

I'm just amused that you would claim not to be biased given your habit of going out of your way to bash everything to do with Nintendo.

Yes, their business decisions of late have been awful and deserving of criticism, but the comments I see from you seem a bit too snide to pass as unbiased discussion. 

"Bash everything to do with Nintendo"

You mean state how I don't belive that their current direction is going to work e.g. focus of their consoles & reliance on old IP's?

Yeah once I again I reitterate how I was, and am, right with the above. Predicting the future doesn't mean I hate Nintendo, it just means I'm savvy. I've said that relying on "unique console features" and old titles won't win the core gamer over. How dem Wii U sales doin? *called it...years ago*

Mazty said:
curl-6 said:
Mazty said:
curl-6 said:

You mean state how I don't belive that their current direction is going to work e.g. focus of their consoles & reliance on old IP's?

Yeah once I again I reitterate how I was, and am, right with the above. Predicting the future doesn't mean I hate Nintendo, it just means I'm savvy. I've said that relying on "unique console features" and old titles won't win the core gamer over. How dem Wii U sales doin? *called it...years ago*

You won't be "proven right" unless 2016 rolls around the Wii U never took off. Nothing has been proven yet, except that consoles don't sell without heavy-hitting software, which everyone already knew..

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mazty said:
curl-6 said:
Mazty said:
curl-6 said:

You won't be "proven right" unless 2016 rolls around the Wii U never took off. Nothing has been proven yet, except that consoles don't sell without heavy-hitting software, which everyone already knew..

The fact that I seemed to understand Nintendo's market better than the business reps and that their sales are 1/3rd lower than expected, I'm pretty sure I'm being proven right, er, right now. But whatever, beleive what you want to believe. I think giving Iwata more power is idiotic at best and won't help the floundering console.

"There is only one Lord of the Nintendo.  And he does not share power!"

Mazty said:

The fact that I seemed to understand Nintendo's market better than the business reps and that their sales are 1/3rd lower than expected, I'm pretty sure I'm being proven right, er, right now. But whatever, beleive what you want to believe. I think giving Iwata more power is idiotic at best and won't help the floundering console.

But things going as you expected "right now" is like saying you correctly guessed a race's winner because they're ahead at the first corner of the first lap. It's clear you think things will continue this way, but the all-knowing jury of time is still out.

curl-6 said:
Mazty said:

But things going as you expected "right now" is like saying you correctly guessed a race's winner because they're ahead at the first corner of the first lap. It's clear you think things will continue this way, but the all-knowing jury of time is still out.

Because with the release of the PS4 this christmas and the mass exodus of 3rd party supporters for the console, sales are obviously going to pick up...

BenVTrigger said:

"There is only one Lord of the Nintendo.  And he does not share power!"

LOLZ!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.