By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many Platinum trophies you think you'll have before the PS4 arrives? (POLL ADDED!)

Tagged games:

How many Platinum trophies you guess you'll have on your PSN profile (PS3 + PSV) before the PS4 launch?

0-1 38 30.89%

2-5 21 17.07%

6-10 15 12.20%

11-25 20 16.26%

26-50 15 12.20%

51-100 6 4.88%

100+ 3 2.44%

I want to see the results! 5 4.07%

Total:123

I currently have 0 because I am a terrible person. But I will probably get the Persona 4 Golden and 3D Dot Game Heroes ones before the PS4 comes out.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Just a think to guys that said the didn't go for Platinum... I'm that guy too but seems like I always did more than the Platinum requirements in the games I played... so get Platinum is just in the way of me to beat a game... now I'm used to get Platinums.

A example... in a RPG game I always go for max level, max stats, all items, all equips, etc... so even for PS1 I have a FF7 save that my three main character have all the same mastered Meterias (all magic, all sumons, all commans, all efects) plus all the stats are 255 (max)... I spent over 200 hours to do that just stealing up items (for 255 max stats for all).

Mario 64 100%... StarFox 64 all paths and 100% on the hardest difficult... Goldeneye 007 all the time trials finished in the hardest difficult.... in the fighting games I always go for all trials or combos. Metroid and Donkey Kong for SNES... same.

All games I ever played I go for 100% with every item and stuffs.

So the Platinum required less than what I do in the games... so the Platinum is some king easy lol... just some abominations trophies not related to anything I didn't get.

I'm a Platinum hunter decades before Sony created the Trophy System.

Interesting. Yeah i'm one of those guys. :)

I love self imposed challenges on my favorite games, sometimes trophies give me that feel.

However, one of the strongest reasons for me to get trophies is that they are like, a history of my gaming. Whenever I go back and look at my PSN trophy list, I see "oh this game I played with that friend", "this game I finished when I was at grandma's", etc etc.

Can't imagine myself playing a console that won't list my games these days (I'm looking at you, Nintendo!).

Im at 16, id like to get too 20 but who knows. I've been losing the hurge to trophy hunt. Need to find a partner to finish up Far Cry 3, ugh coop trophies.

Augen said:
I have 3, which I never set out to do, they just were really easy ones, so my guess is maybe 4 if another easy one comes along.

I never really got trophies, it's a nice bonus, but given that I don't go online with my PS3 it is really only me who would know anyways (well, and the cat, but he's not impressed).

You don't try online coop stuff? I'm a solitary gamers, but I like online coop with buddies. MP - a rarity and I'd have to be in the mood.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Skyrim
Final Fantasty 13

Already have those 2 and I seriously doubt Ill get any others.

Around the Network

0. I rarely complete games through to the end because I get bored. Many games today require you completing the games on the hardest difficulty, collecting all items or get half of the trophies/achievements in multi-player mode.

ethomaz said:

Just a think to guys that said the didn't go for Platinum... I'm that guy too but seems like I always did more than the Platinum requirements in the games I played... so get Platinum is just in the way of me to beat a game... now I'm used to get Platinums.

A example... in a RPG game I always go for max level, max stats, all items, all equips, etc... so even for PS1 I have a FF7 save that my three main character have all the same mastered Meterias (all magic, all sumons, all commans, all efects) plus all the stats are 255 (max)... I spent over 200 hours to do that just stealing up items (for 255 max stats for all).

Mario 64 100%... StarFox 64 all paths and 100% on the hardest difficult... Goldeneye 007 all the time trials finished in the hardest difficult.... in the fighting games I always go for all trials or combos. Metroid and Donkey Kong for SNES... same.

All games I ever played I go for 100% with every item and stuffs.

So the Platinum required less than what I do in the games... so the Platinum is some king easy lol... just some abominations trophies not related to anything I didn't get.

I'm a Platinum hunter decades before Sony created the Trophy System.

Same here. Like in Donkey Kong Country, finding every secret, collecting every banana, ect. Or getting 100% in Super Mario World.

zero...I dont plan on ever getting a Platinum. Too many great games to spend that much time on just one ^.^

i will have 0 or 1, considering getting the plat in Soul Sacrifice

Weedlab said:
Augen said:
I have 3, which I never set out to do, they just were really easy ones, so my guess is maybe 4 if another easy one comes along.

I never really got trophies, it's a nice bonus, but given that I don't go online with my PS3 it is really only me who would know anyways (well, and the cat, but he's not impressed).

You don't try online co-op stuff? I'm a solitary gamer, but I like online co-op with buddies. MP - a rarity and I'd have to be in the mood.

Be hard to do so. First I'd have to get internet to play games online. Then I'd have to convince my friends to play online (none of them currently do) or find people playing online to be my friends.  Then convince them to buy the same game I am interested in.  Then figure out our work and social lives to align a time to play together. 

I think our current method of "Hey, want to come over and hang out? We could play Castle Crashers or Blazblue or (various other title)" works fine for me.  I prefer human interaction and joking around and excitement when one of us has a new game for us all to try.  I honestly wonder if I'll ever be bothered to try online gaming more than I have, nothing about it appeals to me and it is such a hassle.