By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

Grandia said:

Do you actually played Final Fantasy 13? FF13 was not a bad game because of its graphics, if this FF13 woud be the game with the best graphics ever made it would still be a piece of shit. It was the overall design of the game, the linearity, the boring World/ boring characters and the lame Story which made this game a pice of crap.

Listen to this guy.

What does graphics have to do with this thread or the games.  point me to ONE game this generation that has been a good game, but unplayable becuase of graphics?

I can point to a crap load of games though that looked amazing but where shitty games.

As for the 13 versus being on PS4.  Whopty freaking do.  Tell me a release date and I might care.  But as of right now, it doesn't even have a release date on ps3, so who cares if it comes to anything else.  PS4/360/720/wii U/PC, ect.  Who gives a crap what it is going to come out on , if it never comes out.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Are you telling me Uncharted 3 didnt have a playable demo at e3?? and we all know Uncharted cutscenes use the in game engine with some extra effects added so why was the a need to downgrade the Graphics?? anyway it still proves my point lots of games have looked better before release in both video and so called playable form.

I'm saying the U3 video showed at E3 was rendered at cutscene engine, not playable... ND itself confirmed that. The final game have both the cutscene graphics in some parts and the ingame graphics in another.

These screen compare a ingame part that ND rendered in the cutscene engine to show at E3 in the video form.

This is the cutscene engine running in PS3 in the final version of the game.

ethomaz said:
zero129 said:

Are you telling me Uncharted 3 didnt have a playable demo at e3?? and we all know Uncharted cutscenes use the in game engine with some extra effects added so why was the a need to downgrade the Graphics?? anyway it still proves my point lots of games have looked better before release in both video and so called playable form.

I'm saying the U3 video showed at E3 was rendered at cutscene engine, not playable... ND itself confirmed that. The final game have both the cutscene graphics in some parts and the ingame graphics in another.

These screen compare a ingame part that ND rendered in the cutscene engine to show at E3 in the video form.

This is the cutscene engine running in PS3 in the final version of the game.

Who gives a flying F*ck

Would have mattered if FF13 had graphics as good as as a game 100 years into the future will have.  The game would have still sucked.

edit:  oh and don't you love how a developer touts a cutscene as using "in game graphics" yet those graphics are tweaked during those cutscenes.  Not so in-game now are they.

Its funny how them shots i posted show otherwise as its clear Uncharteds Graphics was downgraded .

There is no downgrade.... the cutscenes looks like the pictures you showed.

This thread is a dark and ugly place.

Ethomaz, I don't give you the full responsibility for that as many people participated in their ways, but I'd kindly ask you to never bring up this discussion again, thanks.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Its funny how them shots i posted show otherwise as its clear Uncharteds Graphics was downgraded .

There is no downgrade.... the cutscenes looks like the pictures you showed.

No, the E3 build pics look better than the one next to it.  if you can't see that you are blinded by something.

The textures on the clothes are more defined, the faces have more stuff going on, ect.

irstupid said:

Who gives a flying F*ck

Would have mattered if FF13 had graphics as good as as a game 100 years into the future will have.  The game would have still sucked.

edit:  oh and don't you love how a developer touts a cutscene as using "in game graphics" yet those graphics are tweaked during those cutscenes.  Not so in-game now are they.

I don't give a flying fuck too... I just don't like to be called "bullshiter" because I always talk about reliable facts and when I'm wrong (happened all the time here) I just apologies and admit I'm wrong.

There graphics are ingame... rendered in real-time on PS3... but there are not playable... ND remove the gameplay (playable) assets and added AA, better textures, etc... it is not a previous recorded video.

ps4 copy mentally preordered

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

zero129 said:

Dude every Cutscene in Uncharted uses the In Game engine but with added effects or as you call it "The Uncharted cutscene engine" every single one of them as it allows the devs to add extra effects etc, so why would they need to Downgrade the In Game cutscenes in Uncharted 3??.

Maybe for the same reason the Devs at SE did with FF13 as its just something that most all games go though.

No.

There are tree types of graphics in Uncharted engine... the ingame with gameplay, ingame without gameplay and the cutscenes... the pictures you showed was a ingame without gameplay rendered in the cutscene engine to be showed in E3... just that. It is not hard to understand and the ND itself confirmed that.

The part rendered in the cutscene engine look equal at these pictures in the final game.... so no downgraded graphics.

zero129 said:
ethomaz said:
irstupid said:

Who gives a flying F*ck

I don't give a flying fuck too... I just don't like to be called "bullshiter" because I always talk about reliable facts and when I'm wrong (happened all the time here) I just apologies and admit I'm wrong.

There graphics are ingame... rendered in real-time on PS3... but there are not playable... ND remove the gameplay (playable) assets and added AA, better textures, etc... it is not a previous recorded video.

No one is calling you a bullshiter but you like to try twist things to suit your aganda and dodge things that you cant answer .

Like i said all of Uncharteds cutscenes do what you say, they are "All" in game and use extra effects, Them shots i posted is from Uncharted cutscenes at e3 and the Final cutscenes in the game, But yet for some reason the devs needed to Downgrade them i wonder why.

Didn't the E3 Uncharted 3 demo run on a computer? My best guess is that the E3 demo just served the purpose of introducing gamers to the atmosphere of the game, not represent the final version. Would not be too uncommon.