By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the answer to radical Islam? This is NOT an anti Islam thread

Soleron said:
It's nothing to do with us bombing them (though we should pull out of course).

It's the West being blamed for the problems of society in the Middle East: the paradox of them being oil-rich but having inequality, lack of education, lack of basic freedoms, oppression of minorities and women.

That said I don't think these particular bombs were inspired by radical Islam. They didn't act like martyrs, and they didn't leave a public message that they'd done it like other groups do. I think it was more inspired by previous American bombings like Oklahoma.

it's not Islam that oppresses women it is the people that do. Islam changed many things that people used to do in the middle east like if you have a slave you should treat them as equals to your family members or the killing of baby children by burying them alive because they where girls. before Islam women where treated worse than animals!

those who oppress women are ignorant idiots who do not fallow the Islamic sharia. she is never forced to marry like many believe. she also has full right for education.

"Fatima Al-Fihri – Founder of the Oldest University in the World"
"The first person to embrace Islam was a woman -KHADIJAH (R.A.)!
The first person to die for Islam was a woman -SUMMAYAH (R.A.)!
The greatest scholar of Islam was a woman -AISHA (R.A.)!
The person who loved the Prophet (pbuh) the most was a woman -FATIMAH (R.A.)!
The person who made the biggest sacrifice in one day for Islam was a woman-KHANSAA (R.A.)!
One of the greatest fighters in Islamic history was a woman- KHAWLA BINT AL-ASHWAR! (R.A)

So don't you ever let a man tell you women are weak, limited or oppressed in Islam!" ♥

many women embrace Islam because it gives them freedom and meaning to life

now you tell me why would women convert to Islam if they where going to be oppressed?

the thing is media picks out the worst people to represent Islam and people eat it up!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Education.

+1

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Roma said:
Soleron said:

It's the West being blamed for the problems of society in the Middle East: the paradox of them being oil-rich but having inequality, lack of education, lack of basic freedoms, oppression of minorities and women.

That said I don't think these particular bombs were inspired by radical Islam. They didn't act like martyrs, and they didn't leave a public message that they'd done it like other groups do. I think it was more inspired by previous American bombings like Oklahoma.

it's not Islam that oppresses women it is the people that do. Islam changed many things that people used to do in the middle east like if you have a slave you should treat them as equals to your family members or the killing of baby children by burying them alive because they where girls. before Islam women where treated worse than animals!

those who oppress women are ignorant idiots who do not fallow the Islamic sharia. she is never forced to marry like many believe. she also has full right for education.

The person who made the biggest sacrifice in one day for Islam was a woman-KHANSAA (R.A.)!
One of the greatest fighters in Islamic history was a woman- KHAWLA BINT AL-ASHWAR! (R.A)

So don't you ever let a man tell you women are weak, limited or oppressed in Islam!" ♥

now you tell me why would women convert to Islam if they where going to be oppressed?

the thing is media picks out the worst people to represent Islam and people eat it up!

It's cultural though and considering religion and culture are so closely intertwined in the middle east, religion is often blamed. Afterall, many of the people who carry out these acts genuinely believe they're following their religion.

Roma said:
Soleron said:

You didn't read. I said societal problem. The particular brand of Islam that is state endorsed in Saudi Arabia does oppress women.

I do enjoy people using the Quran text to say Islam isn't violent/oppressive though. There are equally good passages for the opposite. And the truth is it doesn't matter because it's not what the text says but what people actually believe, religious justification or not.

Religion isn't directly the problem, but a hardline religious state is.

badgenome said:
the2real4mafol said:

And guess what? Chechnya is still apart of Russia, unfortunately

And guess what? If you call a Chechen a Russian or a Russian a Chechen, you won't be able to eat solid food anymore.

And guess what else? 99.9% of Chechens are Muslim.

eh, in Russia there are two types of Russian "Russkiy" and "Russitsky." Chechens are "Russian" in the latter sense, but not in the former.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

America needs to get the fuck out of all Islamic countries for good,then it needs to shut down every single Islamic mosques that currently exists in America and educate citizens of the Muslim faith that they have the freedom to worship in their house or partake in group prier and or religious activities in public rooms bookable by them from any institute and if they are not happy then they also have the option of moving to another country.

IF muslim in islamic countries spaz out, let them but inform them that America will allow mosques to be built the day that these Islamic countries allow christians churches to be built for any christian to pray in peace, and then attempt to reason with them that fair is fair. Also America should inform these islamic radicals that any fatwas on any American citizens will be met with the brute force of the US army.... sheikh need to realize that their words have consequences when they propose the death of someone not only not in an Islamic country but also one who may not even be of that faith.

The only thing America should do is continue economic business with them as they would with any other country, America minds it's own internal political systems and the Islamic countries mind their own political systems.

Note:
I am not American and I do not hate Islamic people, what I hate is counties like America bending over and pandering to these people when the Islamic countries do not even try to return the kindness. Don't get me wrong multiculturalism is good but only up to a point, when a country starts to lose it's heritage because the once minority has become the majority as well as instilling none American values but Islamic values as well as sharia law, this is when a country has to put it's foot down and say no more, in fact any none Islamic country has to do this at the first sign.

I applaud France for having the balls to put it's foot down to try and stop the Islamisation of it's country, more countries need to follow suit. Being Politically correct will only serve to destroy your nation as it literally gets conquered, being a Nationalist and trying to preserve your culture and heritage is not being racist, it's being proud of your culture and it's heritage that Identifies you as a nation and it's people. IF Islamic people don't like the countries culture or heritage and want to instill theirs with no respect for the one that currently exists, then they have two simply options, integrate and become a more culturally diverse person or kindly return to the country which values, heritage, and culture suit them, in other words, go back home.

I've always liked the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans", Islamic people to follow this motto when making the move to a non Islamic country like Amerrica. Once they intergrate it will better them and their will be peace, it's the lack of intergration which causes home grown radicals and this is what needs to stop.

Anyways, my 2 cents on this matter.

jake_the_fake1 said:
America needs to get the fuck out of all Islamic countries for good,then it needs to shut down every single Islamic mosques that currently exists in America and educate citizens of the Muslim faith that they have the freedom to worship in their house or partake in group prier and or religious activities in public rooms bookable by them from any institute and if they are not happy then they also have the option of moving to another country.

IF muslim in islamic countries spaz out, let them but inform them that America will allow mosques to be built the day that these Islamic countries allow christians churches to be built for any christian to pray in peace, and then attempt to reason with them that fair is fair. Also America should inform these islamic radicals that any fatwas on any American citizens will be met with the brute force of the US army.... sheikh need to realize that their words have consequences when they propose the death of someone not only not in an Islamic country but also one who may not even be of that faith.

The only thing America should do is continue economic business with them as they would with any other country, America minds it's own internal political systems and the Islamic countries mind their own political systems.

Note:
I am not American and I do not hate Islamic people, what I hate is counties like America bending over and pandering to these people when the Islamic countries do not even try to return the kindness. Don't get me wrong multiculturalism is good but only up to a point, when a country starts to lose it's heritage because the once minority has become the majority as well as instilling none American values but Islamic values as well as sharia law, this is when a country has to put it's foot down and say no more, in fact any none Islamic country has to do this at the first sign.

I applaud France for having the balls to put it's foot down to try and stop the Islamisation of it's country, more countries need to follow suit. Being Politically correct will only serve to destroy your nation as it literally gets conquered, being a Nationalist and trying to preserve your culture and heritage is not being racist, it's being proud of your culture and it's heritage that Identifies you as a nation and it's people. IF Islamic don't like the countries culture or heritage and want to instill theirs, then they have two simply options, integrate and become a more culturally diverse person of kindly return to the culture you simply don't wanna leave let alone share with another.

I don't know of a Muslim country that bans churches other than Saudi Arabia. Many Muslim countries are naturally diverse with Muslims, christians, and evem other faiths and they are all free to practice and build religious centers. Now do the other religions get harrassed to varying degrees? Yes, and it needs to stop. But the harrassing is being done by the same extremists (that follow the brand of faith preached by Saudi Arabia) that harrass other Muslims more than they do Christians. In other words, everyone is a victim of these radicals. Governments and people in countries like Iraq actively try to protect the Christians, but it doesnt always work unfortunately. Just like protecting other Muslims also doesnt always work. In fact, the victims of attacks in Iraq are almost always Muslims. Im talking like 99% of the time.

The problem is affecting everyone in other words, its not just a matter of Muslims harrassing other religions. Its a matter of extremists harrassing anything that is not also an extremist.

newton said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Note:

I applaud France for having the balls to put it's foot down to try and stop the Islamisation of it's country, more countries need to follow suit. Being Politically correct will only serve to destroy your nation as it literally gets conquered, being a Nationalist and trying to preserve your culture and heritage is not being racist, it's being proud of your culture and it's heritage that Identifies you as a nation and it's people. IF Islamic don't like the countries culture or heritage and want to instill theirs, then they have two simply options, integrate and become a more culturally diverse person of kindly return to the culture you simply don't wanna leave let alone share with another.

I don't know of a Muslim country that bans churches other than Saudi Arabia. Many Muslim countries are naturally diverse with Muslims, christians, and evem other faiths and they are all free to practice and build religious centers. Now do the other religions get harrassed to varying degrees? Yes, and it needs to stop. But the harrassing is being done by the same extremists (that follow the brand of faith preached by Saudi Arabia) that harrass other Muslims more than they do Christians. In other words, everyone is a victim of these radicals. Governments and people in countries like Iraq actively try to protect the Christians, but it doesnt always work unfortunately. Just like protecting other Muslims also doesnt always work. In fact, the victims of attacks in Iraq are almost always Muslims. Im talking like 99% of the time.

The problem is affecting everyone in other words, its not just a matter of Muslims harrassing other religions. Its a matter of extremists harrassing anything that is not also an extremist.

You have a good point and one I do agree , thanks for your reply :)

perhaps its not muslims that are the problem, maybe its just middle eastern people in general? It seems muslims in other parts of the world dont share their views. Most the terrorism seems to come from people who grew up in the middle east and then migrated elsewhere and brought their views with them. I cant blame them, they have other countries (USA, UK, Russia, China) interfering in their business for far too long.

Edit: As with many things the best way to defeat them would be to defund them. Stop giving them money through illegal drugs (legalize all drugs and do not allow import from terrorist countries) and get ourselves off of their oil so they cant fund it will oil money either. Not sure if they make any money through human trafficing, but stop that also. With little money to buy weapons, to travel, to recruit and impress others it would be hard to wage a unfied war of terror. We would still be left with crazy people who may do things on their own (may be the case with  the boston bombings) but with out the back bone of an organiztion pushing an agenda it wont happen as much.

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

People around the suspect where shocked it happened.  They didn't see it coming, according to news reports.  I seriously suggest people wait before passing judgement on this.  

O RLY?

In response to a reporter's question, Tsarnaeva said that the older brother (who is now deceased) had recently become a devout Muslim, which she characterized as him starting to pray five times a day about two years ago. But it should be noted that the aunt doesn't believe her nephew had become an extremist: "He has a wife in Boston and from a Christian family, so you can't tie it to religion," she said.

His uncle has said similar things. I'm not saying people who knew him expected him to turn terrorist. Like his aunt said, she doesn't believe he did it. I'm saying they noted a sudden increasing devotion to his religion. That is textbook jihadist behavior.

Not jumping to conclusions is one thing. Pretending to be blind in the face of a mountain of evidence is another.

That bit of evidence have family members denying he was some sort of terrorist.

And, it is IMMENSELY offensive for you to end up doing this... Devout Muslim = terrorist.  If your thinking is that, you are guilt of stereotyping AT THE LEAST.  And you saying you aren't saying it.  Because you don't wait on things, you are saying it, and imply that devout Muslim means terrorist.  Not that all terrorists are devout Muslims, but if the person is a devout Muslim OBVIOUSLY they would be a terrorist.

To say this would be akin to saying Fundamentalist Christians who are opposed to abortion, are abortion clinic bombers.