By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain cost €16.7 million to make and made Sony "more than €100 million"

cunger said:

According to vgchartz the game only sold 2.4 million units. So if Sony made $50 per unit that is 120 million american or 68 million pounds. 68 million pounds minus 40 million pounds marketing and development costs is 28 million pounds profit.  What gives?

€ is a euro sign

Around the Network

I still need to try this game some time.

crissindahouse said:
cunger said:

According to vgchartz the game only sold 2.4 million units. So if Sony made $50 per unit that is 120 million american or 68 million pounds. 68 million pounds minus 40 million pounds marketing and development costs is 28 million pounds profit.  What gives?

€ is a euro sign

shizz

Nsanity said:
Is that 100 million revenue or profit?

revenue. they made over 60 million back after marketing and development costs. though we dont know how much royalties went to QD. overall though it was a great success

enditall727 said:

Lol you all have to remember that the comment in tha pic is like 3 years old and it was when MLD was more in his prime. I believe the treybrotherhood was still "relevant" then

I never joined or even visited either site though. I was always exclusive to the battlefield(youtube) lol

what is this "treybrotherhood"?

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
S.Peelman said:
Recently learned of the existence of this game. Looks very interesting, will pick it up if I run into it for cheap.

$20 not cheap enough for a quality retail game?

Since the rest of the world doesn't use dollars, it won't be $20 here.

Anyways, checked around just now and it seems to still go for anywhere from €30 to €50. I've seen some for €20 branded as 'essentials' or 'platinum', and I'm not buying any one of those because those box arts are ugly as sin.

And yes, €30 ($40) is too much for a 'try-out'.

S.Peelman said:
LivingMetal said:
S.Peelman said:
Recently learned of the existence of this game. Looks very interesting, will pick it up if I run into it for cheap.

Anyways, checked around just now and it seems to still go for anywhere from €30 to €50. I've seen some for €20 branded as 'essentials' or 'platinum', and I'm not buying any one of those because those box arts are ugly as sin.

And yes, €30 is too much for a 'try-out'.

if you dont like the box art you can always flip them and use the backwards cover. im pretty sure it has one since all my ps exclusives have ones too. and they are usually REALLY cool. the god of was ascension one is just out of this world, same goes for the starhawk one

bananaking21 said:
S.Peelman said:
LivingMetal said:
S.Peelman said:

if you dont like the box art you can always flip them and use the backwards cover. im pretty sure it has one since all my ps exclusives have ones too. and they are usually REALLY cool. the god of was ascension one is just out of this world, same goes for the starhawk one

Yes those backwards cover are pretty cool usually. However, they're not true covers and it'll just look weird. I dunno. I'd feel like cheating .

The 'platinum' boxes are the biggest offenders though, besides this yellow border they also have this horrendous grey case. The 'essentials' only have this hideous red border which is way too wide. It's not Sony's fault though, I always find these re-release boxarts an abomination and I never buy a game that has it. No matter what company. I'm strange that way I guess.

I'll just look for a Heavy Rain copy in an original box second hand. Or something

S.Peelman said:
bananaking21 said:
S.Peelman said:
LivingMetal said:
S.Peelman said:

Yes those backwards cover are pretty cool usually. However, they're not true covers and it'll just look weird. I dunno. I'd feel like cheating .

The 'platinum' boxes are the biggest offenders though, besides this yellow border they also have this horrendous grey case. The 'essentials' only have this hideous red border which is way too wide. It's not Sony's fault though, I always find these re-release boxarts an abomination and I never buy a game that has it. No matter what company. I'm strange that way I guess.

I'll just look for a Heavy Rain copy in an original box second hand. Or something

hahaha i honestly cant understand why you wouldnt buy a game just because of the boxart, its not like it really matters?! its just a boxart. you are getting the same game (maybe even more content in the essentials) and you would spend less money!

bananaking21 said:
enditall727 said:

Lol you all have to remember that the comment in tha pic is like 3 years old and it was when MLD was more in his prime. I believe the treybrotherhood was still "relevant" then

I never joined or even visited either site though. I was always exclusive to the battlefield(youtube) lol

what is this "treybrotherhood"?

Trey=Triple=PS3

You've never gone on youtube and seen somebody say "Trey 4 life" before?

It was this big movement that was started by Elpresador but then he betrayed the brotherhood and bought a 360 because he only really played Call Of Duty and the map packs always came to 360 1st lol