By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

"#NPD for March shows Xbox 360 sold 261K units as #1 console and 6 of Top 10 titles. Thanks to all for the ongoing support."

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Is NPD shipped or sold numbers?

sold

Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Ugh, BST not GMT...

I don't understand!

GMT is in Grenwich, England but its not GMT in England anymore. Its British Summer Time, so one hour ahead. So itll be 11 before the numbers, not 10.

The sheer amount of time zones you have to know now is starting to be ridiculous. UTC was an attempt to make it easier, but it's actually only made it more difficult. Most countries are now referred to in three different ways (for instance, England is GMT, UTC/UTC+1 and BST), while countries that span multiple time zones are even more of a mess. And with daylight saving starting at different times, in different countries, too, it's even more troublesome.

The problem is that you actually confuse more people by saying BST than by saying GMT. Everybody knows what GMT is - it's England! - but most people outside of England (at least to my experience) has no idea what BST is, and assumes it's something else.

In the world of timezones, being more precise amd using the strictly speaking correct terminology just confuses the heck out of people. I find it a pain, too, so I mostly stick to the old GMT, CET, PST, and such. At least then people have an idea what you're speaking about.

40K under for X360, still room for improvement but fortunately not a massive undertracking drama.

kowenicki said:

Since they never count handhelds in their numbers maybe the 3DS beat it? (I know that is not likely)

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Ugh, BST not GMT...

I don't understand!

GMT is in Grenwich, England but its not GMT in England anymore. Its British Summer Time, so one hour ahead. So itll be 11 before the numbers, not 10.

Yeah but if it's at 10PM GMT then you know it's +1 hour where you live, no?

40k for Vgchartz is not too bad. Might even be closest.

Oh they better give us some percentages.

Yeah from past experiences I think Aaron refers to the combined chart.

My bad.