By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

NintendoPie said:
Max King of the Wild said:

like I said less than 15%. thats bad. not good.

Like I said, no concrete releases and Nintendo's complete ignorance towards it.

So? that means diddly. You can't provide evidence that SW would change the outcome. Look at the Wii U. It dropped lower with SW releases.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

So? that means diddly. You can't provide evidence that SW would change the outcome. Look at the Wii U. It dropped lower with SW releases.

Any good SW release will alway increase HW. The Wii U proved that. Didn't you see the weeks that it actually got some good SW?

Heavenly_King said:
Otakumegane said:
Heavenly_King said:
Otakumegane said:
Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

I really hope with SS, the VITA can get more sales. The demo is really good.

I know the WiiU is doing like crap, but I only care about the Vita, which is doing worst lol. Sony needs to do something!!!

Good PS3 number :)

There's nothing Sony can do in the West for the Vita. It's done. Soul Sacrifice isn't even going to sell half of Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

Sadly, I agree with you.

Still see them trying for 1 last price drop in the west  at Killzone launch (which is a terrible time).

Sony needs to stop being an idiot, and use their AAA studios to develop games for it.   they should have a team in each big studio to develop exclusively for the VITA.

They can't. They are not in the position to.

Nintendo likely moved nearly all of WiiU development to 3DS 2011 when sales were bad.

Sony needs PS4 to succeed. Like NEEDS PS4 to succeed. They are sacrificing Vita for PS4. September price cut won't cut it.(I'm not even sure they will bother to cut the price.They must realize doing so against Pokemon and GTA5 won't do anything, not to mention new consoles)

Vita needed Monster Hunter. If anything you should blame Capcom for killing it.

Yeah, it looks that way.  And considering all I have seen of the PS4, I think Sony will succeed in that. But if they were going to sacrifice the VITA, then why release it in the first place?

I think they thought Capcom and Square-Enix would do most of the heavy lifting for them on Vita, same with the PSP and other Western pubs like Rockstar would help a lot too. They were wrong.

That's the one thing you have to give Nintendo, they treat a handheld the same as a console nowadays.

creamsugar:

100k < lego < hunter 3ds+wiiu < 130k
nfs < 10k
IGN4.7 ~ 30k

Heavenly_King said:

Yeah, it looks that way.  And considering all I have seen of the PS4, I think Sony will succeed in that. But if they were going to sacrifice the VITA, then why release it in the first place?

PSP made them a good profit. No reason NOT to.

They likely expected it to do good enough, and not give Nintendo dominion over the dedicated handheld market.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

creamsugar:

nfs < 10k
IGN4.7 ~ 30k

If EA couldn't hate Nintendo enough already lol.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Nsanity said:

creamsugar:

nfs < 10k
IGN4.7 ~ 30k

Wut, above 100k? I was expecting like 15k max after that could be sad part.

That's really a shame, because Need For Speed is one of the best games on the Wii U. And I was really hoping for NHL 2014 for Wii U with off screen play. EA's pretty much done with Wii U it looks like.

What is IGN4.7? Is that Castlevania for 3DS?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wow, NFS tanked really hard on Wii U.