By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

Nsanity said:
creamsugar:

No new game > 1m
600k < gowj < gowa < tr, but the diff between each other is less than 10k
hunter / lego fan could be sad

God of war beat gears? awesome. (tough it had an extra week)

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

I really hope with SS, the VITA can get more sales. The demo is really good.

I know the WiiU is doing like crap, but I only care about the Vita, which is doing worst lol. Sony needs to do something!!!

Good PS3 number :)

There's nothing Sony can do in the West for the Vita. It's done. Soul Sacrifice isn't even going to sell half of Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

People don't want to play these games on the go with sub-PS3 graphics. If they want these types of games that's what their PS3/360 (soon PS4/720) and big screen TV is for. Nintendo games fit well within the confines of bite size handheld gaming, but most big PS3/360 pubs struggle.

Barozi said:
pezus said:
thismeintiel said:
EricFabian said:
Wii is the new PS2

Not quite.  In the March of '08, the PS2 sold 216K, more than twice the Wii's numbers.

And let's not even mention numbers outside of America

and that was 2008. Should've been much higher in March 2006, which is the better comparison, but there seem to be no official numbers.

Actually, I made a mistake.  The real year should have been '07, not '08, as that would be the corresponding year in the PS2's life.  So, the number is actually 280K.  More than 3x the Wii's numbers.  Oh, and the PS2 sold 273K in March of '06 according to this forum post.

Nsanity said:
creamsugar:

No new game > 1m

I think that ranking includes hardware SKU bundles which is why God of War is higher than Gears of War.

Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

I know the WiiU is doing like crap, but I only care about the Vita, which is doing worst lol. Sony needs to do something!!!

There's nothing Sony can do in the West for the Vita. It's done. Soul Sacrifice isn't even going to sell half of Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed.

Nice crystal ball you there;

...and stealth edit.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

Sadly, I agree with you.

Still see them trying for 1 last price drop in the west  at Killzone launch (which is a terrible time).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

creamsugar:

gowa have bundle sku, so you could figure it out.

Nsanity said:
creamsugar:

No new game > 1m

So, that means with the HW bundles, GOW actually outsold GeOW.  Sweet!

Edit:  Misread that.  Looks like it outsold it, even without bundles.

Wii U most likely overtracked in EU too, (I'm curious to see why Cream and sugar said hunter and lego fan would be sad)

So, I wonder what the people who said "Wii U gets SW and starts selling" has to say now considering it sold an average of 13.4k a week in US.

creamsugar:

Oh wait, lego and hunter is the top 2 games in Wii U sw chart this month.