By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU OS update next week

sethnintendo said:
TomaTito said:

Good call on the VC guys! (updated OP)

Automatic updates... and WiiConnect24 is back?

Didn't WiiConnect24 have something to do with gifting games?  You can't gift games (even Wii shop channel games) on Wii U due to not having WiiConnect24?  Not sure but it is weird that you can't gift games on 3DS or Wii U eshops.

It ruined the past VGC Secret Santa for me since I couldn't participate because I did the Wii - Wii U transfer before the holidays.

No, that was just the Wii Shop. Remember that the WiiConnect24 was a Wii feature that left your internet connection on when you turned off your console, leaving it on a special standby mode. You could received messages while the system was off, and got alerted of notifications via the blue disc flashes.

It evolved to SpotPass on the 3DS and is returning to the WiiU going by "new standby feature that downloads and installs content while the system is turned off".

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
sethnintendo said:
TomaTito said:

Good call on the VC guys! (updated OP)

Automatic updates... and WiiConnect24 is back?

Didn't WiiConnect24 have something to do with gifting games?  You can't gift games (even Wii shop channel games) on Wii U due to not having WiiConnect24?  Not sure but it is weird that you can't gift games on 3DS or Wii U eshops.

It ruined the past VGC Secret Santa for me since I couldn't participate because I did the Wii - Wii U transfer before the holidays.

No, that was just the Wii Shop. Remember that the WiiConnect24 was a Wii feature that left your internet connection on when you turned off your console, leaving it on a special standby mode. You could received messages while the system was off, and got alerted of notifications via the blue disc flashes.

It evolved to SpotPass on the 3DS and is returning to the WiiU going by "new standby feature that downloads and installs content while the system is turned off".

Dont forget the automatic DL & update of titles.. about damn time! thank you! :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

TomaTito said:
shakarak said:
Looking forward too it. I've recently purchased Super Mario Galaxy 2, Fragile, De Blob 2, Harvest moon Animal Parade, Little Kings Story, and Wario land shake. SO I've been playing my wii u quite a bit lately. I hope this improves the wii menu load times.

Wii discs should boot directly from the WiiU OS... there's no need to load the intermediate vWii.

With the OS update - if you press B during the boot, it'll go right to the Wii menu

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Bajablo said:

Dont forget the automatic DL & update of titles.. about damn time! thank you! :)

This, thank god.