By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i might get an ipad4

Iam thinking about geting the ipad4 and selling my transformer 300 the transformer is nice hardware but android os is really buggy and jellybean 4.2 is really buggy so i might sell it on Craig's list and get the ipad4

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Well... nice ideia.

Well, if you think Andriod is buggy which is not true I will not try hard to convince you otherwise. Superchunk's threads generally prove the Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 beat all the competitors in their respective sizes.

I like my ipad 3 a lot. I mainly use PC, but Ipad was fun to take to class and on plane with some games. I've had no problems and it has a long battery life.

Well, the iPad's software library is hard to beat, so if you're looking for a more mobile and long-lasting alternative to a laptop (since you bought a transformer, I assume you are), iPad 4 is where it's at.

Although six months into its life cycle, I'd be tempted to wait out for the next generation if I were you. There's a chance that improved display technology could cut out a lot of size/weight out of the next iPad.

But if you want a better tablet now, you want it now.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Bad Idea...I'll give you an analogy to illustrate my point, your a free range chicken enjoying your freedom but it's not as easy since sometimes it rains and sometime it's too sunny, so you choose to become a battery chicken, you are limited as hell but hey now you don't need to worry about the rain or sun.

The key thing is, Android gives you a lot of freedom in what you can do with the device, a freedom you'll notice is lost when you enter the restrictive OS in Apple devices. I would first suggest to try another Android device as different manufacturers have slightly different versions of android which may be more stable...different as in overlay and certain key features and themes these manufacturers have customized android with.

Please keep in mind, Apples OS is made for none technical people who for the most part struggle using a simple windows machine....apparently having options and freedom is too much to deal with or even bother to learn (yes this is what I was told by an Apple user at work), Androids freedom and options is what power users like about Android, it's also why Android has basically taken over the market...I mean come on it's 2013 and apple devices still can't run simple widgets on the desktop...even TV's from 2009 could run widgets.

In any case, your decision, your money, but I hope you think about it and make the right choice for your self.

jake_the_fake1 said:

Bad Idea...I'll give you an analogy to illustrate my point, your a free range chicken enjoying your freedom but it's not as easy since sometimes it rains and sometime it's too sunny, so you choose to become a battery chicken, you are limited as hell but hey now you don't need to worry about the rain or sun.

The key thing is, Android gives you a lot of freedom in what you can do with the device, a freedom you'll notice is lost when you enter the restrictive OS in Apple devices. I would first suggest to try another Android device as different manufacturers have slightly different versions of android which may be more stable...different as in overlay and certain key features and themes these manufacturers have customized android with.

Please keep in mind, Apples OS is made for none technical people who for the most part struggle using a simple windows machine....apparently having options and freedom is too much to deal with or even bother to learn (yes this is what I was told by an Apple user at work), Androids freedom and options is what power users like about Android, it's also why Android has basically taken over the market...I mean come on it's 2013 and apple devices still can't run simple widgets on the desktop...even TV's from 2009 could run widgets.

In any case, your decision, your money, but I hope you think about it and make the right choice for your self.

Maybe he din't want this "freedom" like me and everything else that prefer a stable OS that run what we wants perfectly without any trouble or "freedom" options.

iOS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Android.

My friends here in Brazil buy the "freedom" because they are cheaper.

jake_the_fake1 said:

Do you game on PC's or only consoles?

The same exact comparison can be made for PC vs Consoles. And you obviously have a console.

ishiki said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

The same exact comparison can be made for PC vs Consoles.

Both, but here's the thing, you only encouter these 'issue' with low/mid end PC's, when your on the upper end like me, everything on max and it works buttery smooth, and games looks to beautiful. So although your analogy works on the lower end of the spectrum, it doesn't work across the broader spectrum.

jake_the_fake1 said:
ishiki said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

The same exact comparison can be made for PC vs Consoles.

Both, but here's the thing, you only encouter these 'issue' with low/mid end PC's, when your on the upper end like me, everything on max and it works buttery smooth, and games looks to beautiful. So although your analogy works on the lower end of the spectrum, it doesn't work across the broader spectrum.

what issues are you talking about?

There's not freedom on consoles, there's freedom on PC's. There's not freedom on IOS device, There's freedom on Android. Even on low end PC's you can replaces half the assets in skyrim if you desire. There's Driver issues, high or low end particularly at the launch of new games.

Essentially insulting him for wanting an iOS device, when you essentially decided the same thing when you use a PS3.

Each the PC, PS3, android os, or iOS has it's own set of weaknesses and strength's. If you want iPad's catalogue, but some freedom, Jailbreak it. There's all kinds of options for each scenario. For me despite being an Engineer, who's used PC's forever, and used linux. Having a tablet, with ultimate freedom was unecessary since I'm not going to be screwing with things on the go (or have the desire to since I screw with everything all the time), having something bit more stable, and some of the apps on iOS was more necessary.