By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Violates Religious Beliefs, Valve offers Refunds

superchunk said:
It a game. GTF over it. YOU are not actually making and choice about your beliefs. You're just following the narrative of a game. Do they also not watch movies about other religions or with those twisting Christianity beliefs?

If Bioshock Infinite were merely a game, then what it looks at wouldn't be as interesting.  The game does raise issues and so on, and one can question those and so on.  And I think seriously one has to see it as twisting Christianity, because the American religion stuff, which borrows from Christianity is about these days.  If you get offended by Bioshock Infinite, then you need to look at your own religion and see how close it hits to it, and see why it bothers you.  Anyhow, for myself, I got motion sickness from it, so playing it for me is out.

Around the Network

Fuck. This. Crazy. Shit.

Stupid little twist have to ruin it for everyone and bring the whole faith into disrepute. I'm not exactly into religion but bought up as vaguely under Christian values and can't imagine that one person I've ever met with a brain would take offense at this kind of thing.

We're all too sensitive with religion, Valve should have told them to get fucked in the politest possible way.

richardhutnik said:

If Bioshock Infinite were merely a game, then what it looks at wouldn't be as interesting.  The game does raise issues and so on, and one can question those and so on.  And I think seriously one has to see it as twisting Christianity, because the American religion stuff, which borrows from Christianity is about these days.  If you get offended by Bioshock Infinite, then you need to look at your own religion and see how close it hits to it, and see why it bothers you.  Anyhow, for myself, I got motion sickness from it, so playing it for me is out.

Well, at least they gave you a way to get a full refund.

superchunk said:
richardhutnik said:

Well, at least they gave you a way to get a full refund.

I did a Red Box one day rental on it, and returned it far sooner than I had planned.  I had plans during my days off last week to play through it, but first night of time off, it kicked in.  Blasted Skyhook I guess.  It cost me less than $1 with the discount coupon I had from Redbox, for it.

Around the Network

its cool they will do that but its ridiculous. it pays to be a victim, people are so stupid, its like idiocracy coming to life.

I don't believe in murder, and this game FORCES me to kill people! REFUND! Rabble rabble rabble!

I wish I could scam them, and then rebuy it when its cheaper :P. I got it free with crysis and tomb raider with my videocard though.

Weren't there a lot of people who got worked up over the Passion of the Christ film years back?

There's always going to be someone who gets mad.

In the end, it's their loss. Also, the amount of hypocrisy of someone buying a shooter and then asking for refund because of a baptism is laughable.

Signature goes here!