By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Violates Religious Beliefs, Valve offers Refunds

adriane23 said:
richardhutnik said:
adriane23 said:
richardhutnik said:
adriane23 said:
So he bought a game where you kill people, but returns it because of the baptism. Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy?

It is only hypocrisy if one's Christianity also forbids killing.  You have religious people for whom their own symbolism being violated is a greater offense than them killing people.  That is not hypocrisy, just problematic morals on some other grounds, such as your own moral sensibilities.

Sooo, yeah, like I said. Hypocrisy.

I think your answer is right, if it somehow gets connected to your avatar.

It doesn't, but my answer is still correct.

Well, it is more correct.  If you go with other forms of Christianity, apparently people find it perfectly consistent to go around killing people but get offended over baptism.   Does this touch on what is written about what Jesus said about straining gnats and swallowing camels?  Yes it does.  So, it is very much along the lines of missing the major message and obsessing on the minor points.  But then, I do have to wonder what room killing in a FPS would have for a Christian anyhow, if I really wanted to see being a Christian not be inconsistent or hypocritical.