By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 720 will Decide if WiiU RAM is enough.

superchunk said:

Neither do PS360, yet the only games so far to skip WiiU are games made on those systems. Hint... it has nothing to do with technology.

speaking of short term memory....did you forget Thief 4?

Here's the actual hint on the matter....it has to do with many things..technology included. Currently wiiu gets shafted mainly due to sales of the system..true. But that is because dev support is still primarliy on the current gen. If wiiu had trouble with those games technically then it would be embarassing. But let's wait and see how many of the games that will hit next gen alone will land on the wiiu. You have been overly optimistic about the subject for ages now..you are in for a rude awakening

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:

Neither do PS360, yet the only games so far to skip WiiU are games made on those systems. Hint... it has nothing to do with technology.

speaking of short term memory....did you forget Thief 4?

Here's the actual hint on the matter....it has to do with many things..technology included. Currently wiiu gets shafted mainly due to sales of the system..true. But that is because dev support is still primarliy on the current gen. If wiiu had trouble with those games technically then it would be embarassing. But let's wait and see how many of the games that will hit next gen alone will land on the wiiu. You have been overly optimistic about the subject for ages now..you are in for a rude awakening

He really is in for a rude awakening. I've been making bold statements about the power of the consoles based on third party public requirements and it came out exactly as it said at 8GB of ram (because they've been demanding it that long). I know Sony and Microsoft will listen to third parties and find a common ground but Nintendo wont. Nintendos attitude it is "let us do our own thing and you just put your games on our console no matter what the specs. We dont care about your vision".

Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
I'd be more worried about Wii U's other capabilities which don't seem very strong. Also, anything that's not linear is going to be trouble. And there's an even bigger problem: publishers and developers don't seem to be interested in the Wii U and its weak hardware makes it even less appealing because porting games to the Wii U is going to be lots of extra work.

devs didn't seem to mind porting games to ps3, wich was a complete pain in the ass. the games will be on wii u because it won't be a problem to port and devs need the money.

There's a difference: the PS3 actually had the power, even if accessing it was difficult. The difficulty of accessing that power is also the reason many games' PS3 version was inferior. And let me ask you a question: What makes you think devs are going to be porting PS4/Nextbox games to the Wii U when it's going to take huge amounts of work when they're not porting their PS3/X360 games to the Wii U, a more powerful system?

what makes you think it's going to take huge amounts of work? the ps360 games not yet confirmed to wii u were the ones that were probably already in development when wii u became an option and those titles like dark souls 2 and gta5 can still get wii u confirmation. games anounced recently like AC4 and Batman Arkhan Origins were confirmed for wii u immedeately.

What makes me think it's going to take lots of work? Well, the fact that the next Playstation and Xbox are much more powerful and I don't mean only RAM here. And really, two games were announced for the Wii U? What about all the games that weren't? Are you going to count on them being announced on the Wii U later? Are you an optimist perhaps? Also, when was the last time you saw a GTA game on Nintendo's home console? Have you heard devs praise the Wii U? I haven't, but they've been praising PS4 and most likely will do so with the next Xbox as well. And I'm going slightly off-topic here, but there's no chance you're going to see many multiplayer-focused games on the Wii U because Nintendo screwed up their online service yet again.

It's going to be the same as always: Nintendo's console won't get good enough third-party support, and those third-party games that make it to the Wii U are going to fail commercially. Well, not necessarily fail but won't be worth the effort for the publisher.

richardhutnik said:
superchunk said:
Birimbau said:
People give it up! If you like Nintendo exclusives, buy a WiiU, otherwise don't buy it.

If you hope to play multiplats on WiiU next gen, you will get disappointed.

Oooooh you've been to the future. How is it? Do cars fly yet?

Would you rather bet the opposite based on what is being seen now?  EA is backing off.  You also see others backing off also.  Titles that were exclusive for the Wii U don't remain exclusive.  What signs are that things will be different than they are now?  The Wii U didn't even get Tiger Woods this year.

What wii u exclusives became non exclusive? rayman was never said to be exclusive and ninja gaiden was already released on ps360 when wii u got it's version. lego city stories will probably land on other consoles unless it got parcialy funded by nintendo. bayonetta 2 and 101 will remain exclusives for being funded by nintendo.

Rafux said:

Why even bother when sales will go to the then current gen machines and PC.

I'd like to know where you get your crystal balls from, they're potent. So you've seen the install base of the U 3-4 years from now?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
richardhutnik said:
superchunk said:
Birimbau said:
People give it up! If you like Nintendo exclusives, buy a WiiU, otherwise don't buy it.

Would you rather bet the opposite based on what is being seen now?  EA is backing off.  You also see others backing off also.  Titles that were exclusive for the Wii U don't remain exclusive.  What signs are that things will be different than they are now?  The Wii U didn't even get Tiger Woods this year.

What wii u exclusives became non exclusive? rayman was never said to be exclusive and ninja gaiden was already released on ps360 when wii u got it's version. lego city stories will probably land on other consoles unless it got parcialy funded by nintendo. bayonetta 2 and 101 will remain exclusives for being funded by nintendo.

Thing is that there is next to zero signs of third party support for the Wii U's third-party support situation being strong.  Rayman Legends, which had design for the WIi U in mind, and arguably an upgrade to Rayman Origins (on the other consoles) ended up dropping off.  But there isn't much in movement now of there being third-party exclusives that Nintendo didn't pay for, and longer-term, that the Wii U will be getting much either.  The signs aren't there.  And that is the main point, that the position isn't strong.  If it were strong, would you see thread after thread regarding it on this website?  Nope...

Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
I'd be more worried about Wii U's other capabilities which don't seem very strong. Also, anything that's not linear is going to be trouble. And there's an even bigger problem: publishers and developers don't seem to be interested in the Wii U and its weak hardware makes it even less appealing because porting games to the Wii U is going to be lots of extra work.

devs didn't seem to mind porting games to ps3, wich was a complete pain in the ass. the games will be on wii u because it won't be a problem to port and devs need the money.

There's a difference: the PS3 actually had the power, even if accessing it was difficult. The difficulty of accessing that power is also the reason many games' PS3 version was inferior. And let me ask you a question: What makes you think devs are going to be porting PS4/Nextbox games to the Wii U when it's going to take huge amounts of work when they're not porting their PS3/X360 games to the Wii U, a more powerful system?

what makes you think it's going to take huge amounts of work? the ps360 games not yet confirmed to wii u were the ones that were probably already in development when wii u became an option and those titles like dark souls 2 and gta5 can still get wii u confirmation. games anounced recently like AC4 and Batman Arkhan Origins were confirmed for wii u immedeately.

What makes me think it's going to take lots of work? Well, the fact that the next Playstation and Xbox are much more powerful and I don't mean only RAM here. And really, two games were announced for the Wii U? What about all the games that weren't? Are you going to count on them being announced on the Wii U later? Are you an optimist perhaps? Also, when was the last time you saw a GTA game on Nintendo's home console? Have you heard devs praise the Wii U? I haven't, but they've been praising PS4 and most likely will do so with the next Xbox as well. And I'm going slightly off-topic here, but there's no chance you're going to see many multiplayer-focused games on the Wii U because Nintendo screwed up their online service yet again.

It's going to be the same as always: Nintendo's console won't get good enough third-party support, and those third-party games that make it to the Wii U are going to fail commercially. Well, not necessarily fail but won't be worth the effort for the publisher.

The nextbox and ps4 ARE NOT much more powerful than wii u, regardless of what you say. those two games were the ones anounced recently, in case you didn't understand, the games that aren't confirmed for wii u were the ones anounced a while back like gta5. and those will probably be on wii u anyway. no gta being on other nintendo consoles is of no relevance to wheter or not gta5 will be on wii u. by the same logic final fantasy and metal gear wouldn't be on xbox360.

Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:

The nextbox and ps4 ARE NOT much more powerful than wii u, regardless of what you say. those two games were the ones anounced recently, in case you didn't understand, the games that aren't confirmed for wii u were the ones anounced a while back like gta5. and those will probably be on wii u anyway. no gta being on other nintendo consoles is of no relevance to wheter or not gta5 will be on wii u. by the same logic final fantasy and metal gear wouldn't be on xbox360.

Boy you're in for it at E3. Games were scaled down for consoles this gen because thats where the bulk of the money and commercialization was coming from. This gen games will be on par with the level they should be at. No one is scaling things down for Nintendo unless we're dealing with UE3.

richardhutnik said:
Zero999 said:
richardhutnik said:
superchunk said:
Birimbau said:

Thing is that there is next to zero signs of third party support for the Wii U's third-party support situation being strong.  Rayman Legends, which had design for the WIi U in mind, and arguably an upgrade to Rayman Origins (on the other consoles) ended up dropping off.  But there isn't much in movement now of there being third-party exclusives that Nintendo didn't pay for, and longer-term, that the Wii U will be getting much either.  The signs aren't there.  And that is the main point, that the position isn't strong.  If it were strong, would you see thread after thread regarding it on this website?  Nope...

please, tell me of the many third party EXCLUSIVES (and i mean exclusives for sure) the unreleased ps4 and the still imaginary nextbox have. nintendo has a decent amount of payed and partnership exclusives (101, bayonetta2, smtXfe) . and it seems that number will rise a lot.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:
Zero999 said:
Zkuq said:

Boy you're in for it at E3. Games were scaled down for consoles this gen because thats where the bulk of the money and commercialization was coming from. This gen games will be on par with the level they should be at. No one is scaling things down for Nintendo unless we're dealing with UE3.

about that, why don't you wait till E3 before making bold statements? certainly we'll see nintendo big titles like smash bros, mario kart and mario 3d, maybe zelda/star fox/metroid/, thus seeing the technical potencial of the machine. and there should be at least a glimpse of next generation multiplatform games, wich I'm positive will be on wii u.