By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Smashed on Goldman Downgrade + more downgrades by Nomura and BGC

Goatseye said:
maxnyc said:
every single major product microsoft has ever released has basically been a blatant rip off of another company's product...

Have this guy seen that "photocopy" of Kinect in Play Station 4 announcement? Probably he was too busy playing Super Smash Br... I mean Play Station All-Star. Your Sony is the one that needs to  get its act together with PS4 (one product) if it wants to survive. Nintendo is on the same boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
They need Surface and Windows phones to be a success.

No they don't.  This illustrates how little you know about Ms and its business. Surface is almost irrelevant.

Windows 8 will be successful, in both tablets and elsewhere, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves with hope over reality. 

But their Enterprise operations and Office (and now office365) are the key products going forward.

Success with Tablets I believe. On desktops I doubt.

Soleron said:

" Bellini believes Microsoft will generate $32 billion in cash flow from operations, with $17 billion of that pegged toward spending, buybacks and dividends. That leaves an additional $15 to return to shareholders."

WTF. The investment market is sick, if all it can think about is how the rest of the cashflow can be used to boost stock price, instead of investing in future earnings by having competitive products.

investors invest for one reason only... to increase their own money.  future earnings mean nothing if the money invested now isn't growing.

opportunity cost.  look it up.

for better or (more likely) worse.  every business is runs quarterly.  fuck the future, they say... how do i make this quarter's numbers better?

maxnyc said:
every single major product microsoft has ever released has basically been a blatant rip off of another company's product (windows copied mac os, zune copied ipod, surface copied ipad/tablets, xbox copied playstation/nintendo) microsoft can only emulate other companies for so long before they finally get left in the dust, which seems to finally be happening. good riddance, microsoft has and will always be a 3rd rate company in my eyes.

Oh the ignorance in this post... is it blissful?

I assume this has nothing to do with the X720, rather Windows 8?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

No they don't.  This illustrates how little you know about Ms and its business. Surface is almost irrelevant.

Windows 8 will be successful, in both tablets and elsewhere, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves with hope over reality. 

But their Enterprise operations and Office (and now office365) are the key products going forward.

it's always a pleasure reading your narcistic comments.I guess you even give yourself autographs.

maybe turkish really knows little about ms business but you are even worser claiming that windows8 will be successful without any proof or fact-this is right now  just as stupid as pretending that Wii U and Vita will be successful.

kitler53 said:
Soleron said:

" Bellini believes Microsoft will generate $32 billion in cash flow from operations, with $17 billion of that pegged toward spending, buybacks and dividends. That leaves an additional $15 to return to shareholders."

WTF. The investment market is sick, if all it can think about is how the rest of the cashflow can be used to boost stock price, instead of investing in future earnings by having competitive products.

investors invest for one reason only... to increase their own money.  future earnings mean nothing if the money invested now isn't growing.

opportunity cost.  look it up.

for better or (more likely) worse.  every business is runs quarterly.  fuck the future, they say... how do i make this quarter's numbers better?

The maximum return would be to have MS become Apple and dominate all consumer electronics, going up 3-4x in stock price. This could easily be done with the right strategy as they have the cash, presence, and knowledge of Apple's mistakes.

You're right, the investors are looking at returns within weeks, not years.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

They need it, pc industry is going down, Windows 8 isn't helping it gain traction, matter of fact its pointed out as one of the many causes the market is slowing down.  Android and iOS are the only notable mobile ecosystems out there.

You completely ignored the main part and point of my post, I can only assume this is because you dont have a clue about MS and its business and can't deal with the points I raised.

I know, they got downgraded because pc market is going downhill and they are insignificant in the mobile market. This is not about their office products or enterprise operations and we are not gonna discuss that so why do you insist telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, what I do know is that they're downgraded and made a thread about it, that much I do, maybe you should acknowledge that fact too instead of derailing the thread.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

They need it, pc industry is going down, Windows 8 isn't helping it gain traction, matter of fact its pointed out as one of the many causes the market is slowing down.  Android and iOS are the only notable mobile ecosystems out there.

You completely ignored the main part and point of my post, I can only assume this is because you dont have a clue about MS and its business and can't deal with the points I raised.

I know, they got downgraded because pc market is going downhill and they are insignificant in the mobile market. This is not about their office products or enterprise operations and we are not gonna discuss that so why do you insist telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, what I do know is that they're downgraded and made a thread about it, that much I do, maybe you should acknowledge that fact too instead of derailing the thread.

What utter utter nonsense.   How is this derailing?  You want a conversation on your specific and narrow terms? lol.  This is about ALL of MS, you can't talk about a company and not acknoweldge its whole. 

If you cant have a proper and full discussion then perhaps its you who shouldnt have started the thread in the first place.   We are discussing financial matters.

What we are discussing is that they're downgraded, not dream whether Windows 8 will be successful. They're downgraded due to change in computing landscape, If you can't handle that, then leave.

the2real4mafol said:
I'm surprised at this, they are making so much profit. Why are they being downgraded?

It's because of the decline in PC sales. Windows is their key bussiness, so they are with a big problem if that continues. And while they have a total monopoly in the PC market, the post-PC side is way more difficult, with Android and iOS having a large share.

Actually, the problem is that in the desktop market they are competing with Apple, that has premium prices and Linux, that don't have a massive company to push it (Red Hat isn't that big. I'm a Linux guy, but having money to burn is a key advantage in the bussiness). There are several factor that have made MS the ruler of that market (large use, Office, developer tools, etc).

In the post-PC market, things are different. Android and iOS are backed by Google and Apple. They are massive companies too, so the strategy of burning money to win and wait to your competitor to crash won't work (it isn't MS only strategy, but they used it a lot in the last decade because it's efficient and works. They know how to burn money in the correct times to win). So the market is changing from a situation where MS is the only one to a situation wheree they have to fight with two giants to get a share in an uphill battle.