By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Smashed on Goldman Downgrade + more downgrades by Nomura and BGC

Did Goldman Sachs ever get downgraded when they went got bailed out by US tax payers?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
They need Surface and Windows phones to be a success.

No they don't.  This illustrates how little you know about Ms and its business. Surface is almost irrelevant.

Windows 8 will be successful, in both tablets and elsewhere, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves with hope over reality. 

But their Enterprise operations and Office (and now office365) are the key products going forward.

They need it, pc industry is going down, Windows 8 isn't helping it gain traction, matter of fact its pointed out as one of the many causes the market is slowing down.  Android and iOS are the only notable mobile ecosystems out there.

You completely ignored the main part and point of my post, I can only assume this is because you dont have a clue about MS and its business and can't deal with the points I raised.

I know, they got downgraded because pc market is going downhill and they are insignificant in the mobile market. This is not about their office products or enterprise operations and we are not gonna discuss that so why do you insist telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, what I do know is that they're downgraded and made a thread about it, that much I do, maybe you should acknowledge that fact too instead of derailing the thread.

What utter utter nonsense.   How is this derailing?  You want a conversation on your specific and narrow terms? lol.  This is about ALL of MS, you can't talk about a company and not acknoweldge its whole. 

If you cant have a proper and full discussion then perhaps its you who shouldnt have started the thread in the first place.   We are discussing financial matters.

What we are discussing is that they're downgraded, not dream whether Windows 8 will be successful. They're downgraded due to change in computing landscape, If you can't handle that, then leave.

FFS.  Yes they have been "downgraded" (you DO know what the means......?)

This isn't a credit downgrade, this is merely a change from "hold" to a "sell" by some stockbrokers... you knew that right?  They are doing this purely off the back of diminsihing PC sales which I think is a tad silly.

This also isnt about "dreaming about Windows 8 success"

Its about the reality of the MS business and whetehr this advice by these stockbrokers is good advice.  Now I hold some MS stock along with Sony, Nokia and many others.  The reason I hold it is because it is steady with a good dividend, which I expect to increase.  For the dividend alone its almost worth holding.  I will continue to hold as I think these firms have got this wrong.  The current negative press is way over the top, so I expect it to hold well in the coming 12 months.  Enterprise and Office with multi year licensing will show some good results too in the coming financials so the fundamentals will be reasonable.

Now do you want to have a proper discussion and tell me what do you think about all of that? 

The advice of these analysts come from the same sources you always use, its hilarious if you say their advice is silly about Microsoft, yet you take their word for granted when it comes to Sony. That makes you hypocritical. I bet you bought those Sony stock in the past 2 months, neglecting all the Sony doom you used to type.

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

No they don't.  This illustrates how little you know about Ms and its business. Surface is almost irrelevant.

Windows 8 will be successful, in both tablets and elsewhere, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves with hope over reality. 

But their Enterprise operations and Office (and now office365) are the key products going forward.

They need it, pc industry is going down, Windows 8 isn't helping it gain traction, matter of fact its pointed out as one of the many causes the market is slowing down.  Android and iOS are the only notable mobile ecosystems out there.

You completely ignored the main part and point of my post, I can only assume this is because you dont have a clue about MS and its business and can't deal with the points I raised.

I know, they got downgraded because pc market is going downhill and they are insignificant in the mobile market. This is not about their office products or enterprise operations and we are not gonna discuss that so why do you insist telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, what I do know is that they're downgraded and made a thread about it, that much I do, maybe you should acknowledge that fact too instead of derailing the thread.

What utter utter nonsense.   How is this derailing?  You want a conversation on your specific and narrow terms? lol.  This is about ALL of MS, you can't talk about a company and not acknoweldge its whole. 

If you cant have a proper and full discussion then perhaps its you who shouldnt have started the thread in the first place.   We are discussing financial matters.

What we are discussing is that they're downgraded, not dream whether Windows 8 will be successful. They're downgraded due to change in computing landscape, If you can't handle that, then leave.

This isn't a credit downgrade, this is merely a change from "hold" to a "sell" by some stockbrokers... you knew that right?  They are doing this purely off the back of diminsihing PC sales which I think is a tad silly.

Its about the reality of the MS business and whetehr this advice by these stockbrokers is good advice.  Now I hold some MS stock along with Sony, Nokia and many others.  The reason I hold it is because it is steady with a good dividend, which I expect to increase.  For the dividend alone its almost worth holding.  I will continue to hold as I think these firms have got this wrong.  The current negative press is way over the top, so I expect it to hold well in the coming 12 months.  Enterprise and Office with multi year licensing will show some good results too in the coming financials so the fundamentals will be reasonable.

Now do you want to have a proper discussion and tell me what do you think about all of that? 

The advice of these analysts come from the same sources you always use, its hilarious if you say their advice is silly about Microsoft, yet you take their word for granted when it comes to Sony. That makes you hypocritical. I bet you bought those Sony stock in the past 2 months, neglecting all the Sony doom you used to type.

I bought them when I advised everyone else here to buy them.... last year!

Shame you didnt take my advice.

And no the advice of these analysts dosnt come from the same place.  You dont have a clue about this stuff.

Last year? Yeah right, it was just when the yen started weakening, don't worry about me I about stock in august. You used to make threads about Nomura analysts 2 cents on Sony all the time.

Meh should be back to neutral when the quarter numbers are out for MS..

Did you guys know that Goldman Sachs is expecting that the PS4 is gonna bring Sony in a downwards spiral?

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/02/24/goldman_sachs_playstation_4_could_cause_downward_spiral_for_sony

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:

I bought them when I advised everyone else here to buy them.... last year!

Shame you didnt take my advice.

And no the advice of these analysts dosnt come from the same place.  You dont have a clue about this stuff.

Last year? Yeah right, it was just when the yen started weakening, don't worry about me I about stock in august. You used to make threads about Nomura analysts 2 cents on Sony all the time.

You don't believe me?  Calling me a liar? 

I do quote nomura... on japanese companies, they know that part of the world well. 

I haven't seen them last year but I do remember you saying to buy stock when the yen weakened earlier this year.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
NiKKoM said:

Did you guys know that Goldman Sachs is expecting that the PS4 is gonna bring Sony in a downwards spiral?

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/02/24/goldman_sachs_playstation_4_could_cause_downward_spiral_for_sony

this is a microsoft thread why you bring this to this discussion? want this to be a war lol ?

I think he's just trying to make fun of Goldman Sachs, but the scary part is that  they might not be very far off with the PS4 assesment at all. Anyways, MS NEEDS to get rid of Steve Ballmer, he's fucked up that company for long enough, somebody needs to set MS straight on all fronts, they are heading into a direction that will destroy the company if they keep riding on their past fame and glory.

Turkish said:
Microsoft needs to capture its place in the tablet/smartphone market fast because we are heading to the post pc era.

It's just weird how hard a time they're having succeeding in these markets. The products are good, the marketing is there.....so what is the problem? Too much competition?

NiKKoM said:

"In addition to dedicated consoles, we see little reason for developers to produce top titles for platforms with a low installed base; in turn there is a danger the installed base will not grow because the content lineup is weak,"

Everything starts out with a low install base. That's how these things work. His whole argument falls apart with the simple fact that the install base grows over time once the older platforms stop being supported. It's funy how he calles the Ps4's lineup "weak" when we don't even know half of what's coming at launch.

VGKing said:
NiKKoM said:

"In addition to dedicated consoles, we see little reason for developers to produce top titles for platforms with a low installed base; in turn there is a danger the installed base will not grow because the content lineup is weak,"

Everything starts out with a low install base. That's how these things work. His whole argument falls apart with the simple fact that the install base grows over time once the older platforms stop being supported. It's funy how he calles the Ps4's lineup "weak" when we don't even know half of what's coming at launch.

While that's true, the PS3 is still a very good general purpose device, and a lot of people might think that it's "good enough," I honestly think they might run into the same problem as the Wii U initially, and so will the Nextbox, but that's a discussion for another time.

dahuman said:
VGKing said:
NiKKoM said:

While that's true, the PS3 is still a very good general purpose device, and a lot of people might think that it's "good enough," I honestly think they might run into the same problem as the Wii U initially, and so will the Nextbox, but that's a discussion for another time.

I agree. For 1 or 2 more years, people will be happy with a PS3. I dont' expect PS4 to break any records at the price it's going to launch. I expect at least 1 price drop before the console takes off.(Assuming its launches at $450+)