By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets it's 5th 10 million seller!!!

trollmaster85 said:

JayWood2010 said:

I have been listening to you but you are ignoring that Fable has yet to reach the console versions of Zelda.  Not only that but a remake of a 14 year old game can sell 3m.  I dont think a remake of fable could sell 3m.  

Fable cannot reach sales of NES Zelda game => Fable smaller franchise. Flawless logic. And you still doesnt tell me, WHAT THE POINT OF AVERAGE SALES NUMBERS, HOW THEY ARE SHOWS FRANCHISE POPULARITY?

JayWood2010 said:

Not only that but a remake of a 14 year old game can sell 3m.  I dont think a remake of fable could sell 3m.  

Remake of the BEST VIDEOGAME IN HISTORY.

The average shows you what the series can do over a span of a few games rather than one.  The most recent releases of Fable and Zelda was Skyward Sword and Journey.  Im excluding Journey though since it is a spinoff.  So yes Fable III outsold Skyward Sword but Tiwlight Princes has outsold all of the Fables.   Zelda has a better track record over years and years time.

Best videogame in history is an opinion.  I also want to point out that Halo Anniversary sold 2.15m.  It was also a decade old game that sold well on the remakle because it still stands the test of time and are is one of the most respected games in history.  Now do you think Fable could push that amount if remade?

These are a few reasons I say Zelda is bigger than Fable.  Fable still sells extremely well and in some cases outsells Zelda but Zelda has the potentiol of selling more than 6m because Zelda is more iconic.  More people know zelda than they know fable.  Fable IIII will be the game that tets how popular Fable is since III and Journey was not so popularwith many gamers.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
yo_john117 said:
zorg1000 said:
Its sad,alot of my friends that consider themselves gamers literally only play COD, FIFA and Assassins Creed

Newsflash: They are gamers because they play games.

OT: I reckon the next 10 million seller for the PS3 will be GTA IV

Ya there still gamers but my point is its that they confine themselves to 3 series when theres literally hundreds of games just as good or better

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with them playing the games that they enjoy.

JayWood2010 said:

The average shows you what the series can do over a span of a few games rather than one.  

And why this information relevant? Pointless action (Title 1 sold 10m, Title 2 sold 5m, Title 3 sold 0.5m (released every 5 years)  - in your logic, Title still highly relevant (~5m average sales)).

You must look at dynamic of sales. And it is shows what Zelda begin to lose popularity, and Fable gain it. After 3 game in Fable series, it is became more bigger franchise. All this NES Zelda fans are gone, it is pointless to count them as potential buyers.

Today Zelda can sell more, only if it have much bigger ad campaing, and nothing get in the way to do similar thing to new Fable.

LMFAO

trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

The average shows you what the series can do over a span of a few games rather than one.  

And why this information relevant? Pointless action (Title 1 sold 10m, Title 2 sold 5m, Title 3 sold 0.5m (released every 5 years)  - in your logic, Title still highly relevant (~5m average sales)).

You must look at dynamic of sales. And it is shows what Zelda begin to lose popularity, and Fable gain it. After 3 game in Fable series, it is became more bigger franchise. All this NES Zelda fans are gone, it is pointless to count them as potential buyers.

Today Zelda can sell more, only if it have much bigger ad campaing, and nothing get in the way to do similar thing to new Fable.

You know what, I'm not even going to answer anymore.  I have shown you multiple times and you ignore it and then you come in saying the same thing with no research what so ever other than your opinion.  So here on forth keep things relevant to the OP.  If not I will report you.  How fable and zelda got brought up anyways, idk.

EDIT:  Go here to continue your arguments. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158727

Around the Network
trollmaster85 said:

Just like how Fable can sell more, only if it continues to get bundled every holiday season with XBox360 purchases.

Can't remember the last time I saw an official Wii Zelda bundle.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Update: GT5 10m

Nice, now its not all CoD. And A 1st party game is there. Any chance of it getting to the top?

Farsala said:
Nice, now its not all CoD. And A 1st party game is there. Any chance of it getting to the top?

I don't think so

Click HERE and be happy 

Yes, they'll bundle it with every PS3 until it get's there.