By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets it's 5th 10 million seller!!!

Otakumegane said:

But let's see here. You neglect the fact that while Skyward Sword sold less than Fable 3, Fable 3 was released around the height of 360 popularity and SS was released on a pretty much dead console

Oh wow. Wii was dead - because Nintendo would not release any game for it. And they released fricking ZELDA! Run to the store and buy it!

Install base on the Wii also much bigger.

Otakumegane said:

and OoT3D was released on 3DS a couple months back.

Totally diffrent game on different console. No any similarities with NSMBU. Also it is - BEST GAME OF ALL TIME for Christ sake. Run to the store and buy it!

Otakumegane said:

Sword is also something I'd call one of the Zelda "black sheeps". Some people liked it, some people hated it. Motion controls weren't accepted by everyone. Reminds me of something....Fable:The Journey? And that sold a lot worse.

It is main zelda game in 5 years. Like it or not, if you are Zelda fan - you will buy it. And Fable Journey example - massive fail. To buy it you must have Kinect and only 20m users buy it - mainly casual. So yeah - massive fail.

Otakumegane said:

I actually don't know what Fable is.

Fable:The Journey? And that sold a lot worse. I'd say that even killed the franchise for some.

You are say you know nothing abou Fable, do you?

Otakumegane said:

if you want to assess the value of the Zelda IP in terms of Sales you should be looking at Twilight Princess. It's the traditional "Zelda" game. Much like you're using Fable 3 instead of Fable:The Journey.

Z:TW was lunch title with gimmicky motion controls - yet not even 10m sales.

Otakumegane said:

In fact, I'm willing to bet that the next mainline Zelda title will outsell the next main Fable title. 

Z:WW HD - 2m in 2 years max.

New Zelda - 4m in 2 years max.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

So yes Zelda is bigger although Fable is a big seller as well.

Only Zelda games what sold more than Fable - NES, N64, DS, Lanch Wii game. So...

You are mean WAS bigger than Fable? Until Z:SS or Z:OoT(3DS) will reach 5m - Zelda officially smaller than Fable.

Also, when in your estimation they reach this numbers?

trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Only Zelda games what sold more than Fable - NES, N64, DS, Lanch Wii game. So...

You are mean WAS bigger than Fable? Until Z:SS or Z:OoT(3DS) will reach 5m - Zelda officially smaller than Fable.

Last 4 Zelda titles is an average of 4.6m.

Now I was nice and didn't include Fable Journey but the last 3 Fables (1,2,3)  Averaged 3.9.

So once again Zelda is bigger.  The only thing you can say about Fable is that Fable III outsold Skyward Sword.   Beyond that you can't really say too much.

JayWood2010 said:

Now I was nice and didn't include Fable Journey but the last 3 Fables (1,2,3)  Averaged 3.9.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Why are you doing this, why you are getting average sales of XBox and Xbox 360 fable games and 4 zelda games? WHY?

We are living today, not int NES era or something. In your twisted logic, Sonic to the present game - one of the biggest franchaises (6m megadrive sales cannot lie).

JayWood2010 said:
So once again Zelda is bigger.  The only thing you can say about Fable is that Fable III outsold Skyward Sword.   Beyond that you can't really say too much.
1 Fable III X360 2010 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 3.42 0.99 0.05 0.44 4.91
2 Fable II X360 2008 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 2.44 1.16 0.11 0.40 4.11
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2011 Action Nintendo 1.86 1.09 0.36 0.33 3.64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS 2011 Action Nintendo 1.46 0.80 0.57 0.21 3.04

Yep, the ONLY thing. Get your fact straigh first.

trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Why are you doing this, why you are getting average sales of XBox and Xbox 360 fable games and 4 zelda games? WHY?

We are living today, not int NES era or something. In your twisted logic, Sonic to the present game - one of the biggest franchaises (6m megadrive sales cannot lie).

JayWood2010 said:
1 Fable III X360 2010 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 3.42 0.99 0.05 0.44 4.91
2 Fable II X360 2008 Role-Playing Microsoft Game Studios 2.44 1.16 0.11 0.40 4.11
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2011 Action Nintendo 1.86 1.09 0.36 0.33 3.64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS 2011 Action Nintendo 1.46 0.80 0.57 0.21 3.04

Yep, the ONLY thing. Get your fact straigh first.

A better way would be to average the sales of both zeldas on wii and both fables on 360. U could even look at the non mainline games (crossbow training/fable:journey). In both cases u have zelda selling more

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fine fine, 

Wii Zelda averages out to be 5.2m and Fable X360 averages out to 4.51m

Once again Zelda comes out on top.  As i said before.  Fable III outsold Skyward Sword but beyond that Zelda has been bigger.

JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:
trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fine fine, 

Once again Zelda comes out on top.  As i said before.  Fable III outsold Skyward Sword but beyond that Zelda has been bigger.

Are you even reading my posts or just talking to yourself?
Based on your quotation - talking to yourself.

Also, i didnt see answer, WHY YOU GET AVERAGE SALES BETWEEN FEW TITLES AND COMPARE THEM.
This is pointless.

trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:
trollmaster85 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fine fine, 

Are you even reading my posts or just talking to yourself?
Based on your quotation - talking to yourself.

Also, i didnt see answer, WHY YOU GET AVERAGE SALES BETWEEN FEW TITLES AND COMPARE THEM.
This is pointless.

I have been listening to you but you are ignoring that Fable has yet to reach the console versions of Zelda.  Not only that but a remake of a 14 year old game can sell 3m.  I dont think a remake of fable could sell 3m.  

The advantage that the Wii Zelda games have is that they don't have much competition - the Wii's releases were so few and far between that people would just go on and buy what they can.

JayWood2010 said:

I have been listening to you but you are ignoring that Fable has yet to reach the console versions of Zelda.  Not only that but a remake of a 14 year old game can sell 3m.  I dont think a remake of fable could sell 3m.  

Fable cannot reach sales of NES Zelda game => Fable smaller franchise. Flawless logic. And you still doesnt tell me, WHAT THE POINT OF AVERAGE SALES NUMBERS, HOW THEY ARE SHOWS FRANCHISE POPULARITY?

JayWood2010 said:

Not only that but a remake of a 14 year old game can sell 3m.  I dont think a remake of fable could sell 3m.  

Remake of the BEST VIDEOGAME IN HISTORY.