By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 vs real life, help me I don't know what is real!

Chris Hu said:

I'm talking about in terms of sales.  When it comes to critical acclaim its on par with Forza Horizon and probably one of the best games that almost nobody has ever played I never played it and I don't know anyone that ever played or owned it.  And since they scrapt the idea of including motor bikes from GT 5 a long time ago its chances of ever getting a sequel are pretty much close to zero.

The game is good... the guys that played... loved it.

About sales it is impossible to say I guess because there are no sales data from TT... Horizon just have ok sales (1.4m?) and I can see it doing more than 2 million.

I will not be surprise if TT sold more than 2 million units in a 150 million user base.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm talking about in terms of sales.  When it comes to critical acclaim its on par with Forza Horizon and probably one of the best games that almost nobody has ever played I never played it and I don't know anyone that ever played or owned it.  And since they scrapt the idea of including motor bikes from GT 5 a long time ago its chances of ever getting a sequel are pretty much close to zero.

The game is good... the guys that played... loved it.

About sales it is impossible to say I guess because there are no sales data from TT... Horizon just have ok sales (1.4m?) and I can see it doing more than 2 million.

I will not be surprise if TT sold more than 2 million units in a 150 million user base.

I'm pretty sure the sales number on this site are pretty acurate at least a lot more accurate then a lot of other PS2 games since it was a late PS2 release.  Forza Horizon is close to 1.4 million and since its also available on games on demand I'm pretty sure it already has sold close to 1.5 million copies.  Plus its a prime canditate for this years holiday bundle so it will sell easily over 2 million units by the time its out of print even if its not bundled in the future (with decent bundling maybe even over 3 million).

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Also Tourist Trophy uses a modified GT4 engine and like I mentioned earlies has some of the same tracks that are also in GT and Forza games.  If you look at the whole picture Tourist Trophy is actually more of a spin off then Forza Horizon (new game engine, no tracks shared with main Forza games).

Horizon uses the same engine lol

Horizon is a lot different from the main Forza games I doubt it uses the exact same engine as any of the other Forza game.  If you look at videos for Tourist Trophy it pretty much looks like GT4 with motor bikes.

ethomaz said:
yo_john117 said:

Those are the worst looking gifs I have ever seen.

One thing I've noticed though is that gifs always look many times better than the actual game (due to the difference in screen size)

Point in case: Call of Duty Gifs...and I can tell you from experience that the games don't look anywhere near that good.

What CoD? MW3 looks better on my TV.

Black Ops (which you should have known because you play CoD)

Mr Puggsly said:
Sensei said:

Forza 4 can't be compared to GT5 graphically.

GT5 is 1080p.

Forza 4 is 720p.

And Forza still looks 'comparable'.

If the PS3 was rendering GT5 at 720p, the amount of detail and effects it could produce would make Forza 4 look like a Wii game.

Fun to presume things we'll never see happen.

GT5 is a surprisingly unpolished game. Blurry textures, low detailed enviorments, etc. I honestly didn't know the game was 1080p, its jaggy as fuck.

The jaggies are a lot more visible in in effects (rain races).  Which is another thing that underwhelmed me about GT 5 the weather effects are barely better then the ones in GT5.  In my opinion Forza 2 to Forza 3 (still haven't played Forza 4) was a bigger leap of quality then GT4 to GT5.

Around the Network

Chris Hu said:

Horizon is a lot different from the main Forza games I doubt it uses the exact same engine as any of the other Forza game.  If you look at videos for Tourist Trophy it pretty much looks like GT4 with motor bikes.

Same engine like Tourist Trophy.

"Playground renders beautiful visuals - as demonstrated by this in-game screenshot - by using an adapted version of the original Forza Motorsport engine, enhanced with new technologies including advanced anti-aliasing, dynamic light and shadow along with impressive image post-processing techniques."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-forza-horizon 

Sad thread. Just shows that almost every poster in here has a bit more bias than whats needed.

GT5 was certainly unrivaled in the current gen console space graphics wise, but those were only in certain stringent conditions. The detail on the premium cars are insane. Other games on consoles really don't come close.

The game was not in full 1080 X 1920p resolution btw but it was quite a bit higher than 720p. Running a game at that resolution on the ps3 will cause issues. They really should have gone with 720p. What would have actually resulted from that? No1 knows.

Otherwise and overall I think it was quite a disappointing game both in graphics and game play. The highlight of the game for me was the carting

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shitty game. Far away from being realistic.Go and see a doctor, He / She may help you.

User was moderated for this post - Kantor

Shinobi-san said:
Sad thread. Just shows that almost every poster in here has a bit more bias than whats needed.

GT5 was certainly unrivaled in the current gen console space graphics wise, but those were only in certain stringent conditions. The detail on the premium cars are insane. Other games on consoles really don't come close.

The game was not in full 1080 X 1920p resolution btw but it was quite a bit higher than 720p. Running a game at that resolution on the ps3 will cause issues. They really should have gone with 720p. What would have actually resulted from that? No1 knows.

Otherwise and overall I think it was quite a disappointing game both in graphics and game play. The highlight of the game for me was the carting

The carting and the NASCAR cars are actually my least favorite part of GT5.  Despite overall being a pretty good game its definitely my biggest overall disappointing game this generation it could and should have been so much better.

Chris Hu said:
Shinobi-san said:

The carting and the NASCAR cars are actually my least favorite part of GT5.  Despite overall being a pretty good game its definitely my biggest overall disappointing game this generation it could and should have been so much better.

I like the kart... now NASCAR well the NASCAR races are boring lol because all cars are the same and the tracks are oval with curves just to one side.