By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is no one talking about the very recent failures from Microsoft? PC market hurting and a 5% stock drop

Why isn't this bigger news?

Old News 27 18.88%

No one Cares 44 30.77%

Microsoft is d00med! 33 23.08%

Holy Crap, I didn't know about this! 14 9.79%

Meeh 25 17.48%

Total:143

Because their bottom line is still damn impressive. Can't wait for the next R&D results.
Let me know when Microsoft has terrible numbers like some other rival companies have had.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
hasonap said:

Kind of funny how people put things into perspective, 76.3million PCs a year is almost as much as the 360 and the ps3 has been selling since their launch. Sooo until that number is sub-30m I don't think you can call it a Dooooom yet

If I read correctly its ~75million for quarter one 2013.
So 3months of pc shipment is as much as ps360 have ltd ...

Lusche said:
hasonap said:

Kind of funny how people put things into perspective, 76.3million PCs a year is almost as much as the 360 and the ps3 has been selling since their launch. Sooo until that number is sub-30m I don't think you can call it a Dooooom yet

If only games sells as good as PC...

Lusche said:
hasonap said:

Opps my bad, messed up the figures :P  

Whats even more awkward is that if we just say that they sold 75x4 in a year it would mean they sold 300m units in  a year which is more than wii/wiiU/360/ps3/psvita/3ds combined LTD sales!!!! So everyone I am calling it once again PCs are DOOOMED....

Ultr said:

Well there is also no news about that Sony shares doubled this year.
Wich is unbelievable

Indeed, and the main reason it's unbelievable is because it is untrue.

Start of the year it was on 11.3

1 year ago it was 17.36

Currently it is on 16.67

High point this year was 17.77

There is no way to twist that data into a doubling of the share price.

Around the Network
scottie said:
Ultr said:

Well there is also no news about that Sony shares doubled this year.
Wich is unbelievable

Indeed, and the main reason it's unbelievable is because it is untrue.

Start of the year it was on 11.3

1 year ago it was 17.36

Currently it is on 16.67

High point this year was 17.77

There is no way to twist that data into a doubling of the share price.

Yeah...

year low : 918

Years high: 1,735

At the moment it sits at : 1,659

ok maybe we have to wait for next month for the double to happen :)

Ahh, ok. When you want to say that Sony shares doubled in price in Japanese Yen, in the future, specify that, instead of simply saying that they doubled in price.

What you are saying is reducible to the statement "The Japanese yen is considerably weaker against the US dollar than at the start of the year. You are not saying that Sony is doing well, just that the Yen is doing poorly.

http://ycharts.com/indicators/japanese_yen_exchange_rate

I think what the OP meant to say is why we dont have 20 threads on the same topic.

Nsanity said:
I think what the OP meant to say is why we dont have 20 threads on the same topic.

Haha lol! something like that ^^ I'm just used to see bad news getting blown out of proportion

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I could be wrong but I believe Microsoft made more money last year than Sony has like the last 7 years combined.

That may be why no one is giving MS much grief.

Even with declining PC sales, Windows is still a monstrous cash cow and the no.1 global computer OS by miles. Office is also basically a monopoly for MS.