By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Obama the Worst President that we have ever had?

if shameless lying,helping the 0.1% superrich becoming richer while pretending to help the poor,destruction of the middle class,violating constitution and broken promises,killing people illagaly(drone attacks:bush =2per month,obama=2per week) and debt is the indicator for "worst president" than it is hard to find a worser one

US debt end 2007 =9 billion(since 1776) in 232 year(incl. 12 years bush)
us debt end 2013=18 billion=he just needed 5 years to make as much debt as the usa made in the previous 230years,but:where has all this money gone?

Around the Network

Obama is probably the best President the USA ever had, he is respected around the world and managed to get out the US economie of one of the worst financial crises ever happend.

This will sound like I'm trolling the OP and like-minded people, but I'm not.

I don't think we're going to realize just how good he actually was at this job until a much later date. We'll still have the partisan agreement/disagreement on policy decisions and the like, but my read on President Obama is that he's playing chess when others are playing checkers. Now you might not like his brand of chess, and the House keeps knocking over the board and making people reset pieces, but I think most people are missing how skillful he actually is. (The relatively easy and wide-margined re-election not withstanding ----- blaming that defeat on Romney, as clueless and impolitic as he was, is very much head-in-the-sand mentality on the part of conservatives.)

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Definetly not, atleast yet, he's not good though.

Both Bush, Him, and many presidents have been bad in a multitude of ways. In both cases it's not entirely the presidents fault. The governments, branches simply  act in idiotic ways and accomplish nothing (Both sides).

The presidents definetely have not helped, but at the same time, I think most presidents from the past would fail in this situation. That's just what I think.

President Obama done more good in his first 4 years then Bill Clinton's 8 whole years.

And it's Congress who has done those bad things in your OP, NOT Obama.

And the slow recovery is because of Bush having 2 seperate national depts which one of them was 10 trillion dollars while the other was 45 trillion dollars by 2008, which comes to a total national debt of 55 trillion dollars in 2008. Plus in a global recession done by Bush & Congress, well we have no one buying American products in foreign countries like PCs & Macs, and we have no tourist nor tourist dollars being spent to speed up recovery to e same pace as the past American recessions that were American only recessions.

If you are not going to get into details, nor make these complaints when they where happening in 2005 (over 1 million Americans kids went homeless since 2001) & 2007 (Housing Market crashes hard) & 18 months later during 2008 (Global Recession), then stop being such a phony by complaining 5 to 8 years after the disaster happen, that's like saying you don't like how Obama allow 9/11 happen even though that was also under Bush.

You make some good points about our credit rating & so fort, but you loose your creditability when you blame them on the executive office, when everyone by now knows that this is ONLY the House of Representatives fault.

And alcohol leads to doing drugs way more then marijuana ever has for the past many decades. And Marujuana is less harmful in everyway across the board then Red Wine for crying out loud. Do you know how many health hazards Red Wine has?

And Obama has nothing to do with New Yorks ban on large sodas anymore then he has to do with guns being allowed in Texas the way they are.

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
Crom said:

Yep.  We are in the slowest recovery (after a recession) in US history. 

A lot of presidents inherit recessions and don't whine about it.  Even Bush (who wasn't a good president) inherited a recession from Clinton and you didn't hear him tryijng to play the bloame game (especially for 4.5 years)

Exactly, with the dot com bubble burst in 2000, 9/11, people spending beyond their means, banks pushing loans on unqualified recipients, and many other things Bush inherited from the Clinton era. Bush had no control over things like gas prices, and world recession which also contributed to our recession. 

I love how Obama backpeddaled in the "Summer of Recovery" a few years back. 

Remember a couple of summers ago he named the summer "Summer of Recovery" Why would he name it that if he didn't think things were going to get much better? The Summer of Recovery was a huge failure. He obviosuly thought his policies would turn things around.

Both parties are to blame for the housing crisis but it amzing how many people give Clinton a pass.

http://www.openmarket.org/2008/09/16/clinton-pressure-to-promote-affordable-housing-led-to-mortgage-meltdown/

Also I am not seeing people mention Barney Frank (who Bush warned about the dangers of pushing loans for low income families)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5qKYfqALE

And then Obama is looking to repeat the same mistakes (pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit) as if he hasn't learned anything from the last time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-administration-pushes-banks-to-make-home-loans-to-people-with-weaker-credit/2013/04/02/a8b4370c-9aef-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_story.html

"The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.

President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession."

Insanity

fastyxx said:
This will sound like I'm trolling the OP and like-minded people, but I'm not.

I don't think we're going to realize just how good he actually was at this job until a much later date. We'll still have the partisan agreement/disagreement on policy decisions and the like, but my read on President Obama is that he's playing chess when others are playing checkers. Now you might not like his brand of chess, and the House keeps knocking over the board and making people reset pieces, but I think most people are missing how skillful he actually is. (The relatively easy and wide-margined re-election not withstanding ----- blaming that defeat on Romney, as clueless and impolitic as he was, is very much head-in-the-sand mentality on the part of conservatives.)

Is this a joke?

Remember a couple of summers ago he named the summer "Summer of Recovery" Why would he name it that if he didn't think things were going to get much better? The Summer of Recovery was a huge failure. He obviously thought his policies would turn things around.

And now Obama is looking to repeat the same mistakes (pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit) as if he hasn't learned anything from the last time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-administration-pushes-banks-to-make-home-loans-to-people-with-weaker-credit/2013/04/02/a8b4370c-9aef-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_story.html

"The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.

President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession."

Obama is playing tiddlewinks while others are playing checkers.

Grandia said:
Obama is probably the best President the USA ever had, he is respected around the world and managed to get out the US economie of one of the worst financial crises ever happend.

BWHAHAHAHA!  Why am I laughing?  This is actually quite sad.

Which policies of his made him the one of the best ever?  What has he done specifically? (Besides dividing others, pointing fingers, being a poor leader)

Name something if you can.  I dare you.  (I know you can't because you are clueless)

When he took office the deficit was 9 trillion.  It is now almost 17 Trillion and he still has over 3.5 years to go. 

He is the best ever at running deficits sky high under his watch.  I'll give him that.

Recovery?  He is in charge of the SLOWEST RECOVERY in US History after a recession.  Even W. Bush inherited a recession from Clinton and turned things around until the housing crisis.  Most people don't even know that he inherited a recession because he didn't whine and point fingers (esp for 4.5 years)

Crom said:
Dmick90 said:

Remember a couple of summers ago he named the summer "Summer of Recovery" Why would he name it that if he didn't think things were going to get much better? The Summer of Recovery was a huge failure. He obviosuly thought his policies would turn things around.

Both parties are to blame for the housing crisis but it amzing how many people give Clinton a pass.

http://www.openmarket.org/2008/09/16/clinton-pressure-to-promote-affordable-housing-led-to-mortgage-meltdown/

Also I am not seeing people mention Barney Frank (who Bush warned about the dangers of pushing loans for low income families)

And then Obama is looking to repeat the same mistakes (pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit) as if he hasn't learned anything from the last time.

Insanity

When was the last time Obama has even discussed jobs? He's talked about everything but jobs and the economy. Like gun laws, gay marriage, womens rights, etc. That's all he's good for is making a speech.

Crom said:
Dmick90 said:
Crom said:

Yep.  We are in the slowest recovery (after a recession) in US history. 

A lot of presidents inherit recessions and don't whine about it.  Even Bush (who wasn't a good president) inherited a recession from Clinton and you didn't hear him tryijng to play the bloame game (especially for 4.5 years)

Exactly, with the dot com bubble burst in 2000, 9/11, people spending beyond their means, banks pushing loans on unqualified recipients, and many other things Bush inherited from the Clinton era. Bush had no control over things like gas prices, and world recession which also contributed to our recession. 

Insanity

Actually the housing market crashed 18 months before the recession, so please stop blaming the housing crash for the recession. It was deregulation of the stock market that caused this recession and many of America's past recessions.