By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: give the Wii U time.

sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:
Nintendo acts like MS and Sony can't release a peripheral in the future to compete......

But what they don't acknowledge is that the more time goes by, the more dated the WiiU will look by comparison. This aint like the Wii, where casuals didn;t care about graphics......WiiU is for core gamers, and in a couple years it will allready look ancient compared to PS4/Xbox

Wii U is for everyone.  I like the second screen because I can watch netflix in my bed (I have the Wii U in the living room), play some games off screen while lounging in my bed (it is where I get most of my high scores in Zen 2 since I prefer off screen play for the game over TV), web browse (it has a good web browser and since Wii U boots faster than my PC I have been using it more and more for web browsing), web browse / game while taking a shit and a few other things.  So to state that is just for the elite hardcore crowd is a false statement.  Nintendo markets to everyone.

I do all that with my PS Vita aswell. Truth is Wii U dosen't give the excluisve experience the Wii did whe it lunched, that's why it wont be as succesful. it's weird Nintendo fans thought Nintendo would keep dominating the market just because it's Nintendo, N64 and Gamecube got their asses kicked( in sales that is) and they had as much Nintendo as the Wii. The only way Nintendo could dominate again is by making a super universal appeling console, of course they tried with the Wii U but it didn't worked out.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
Gamerace said:
Aside from yes WiiU needs games...

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

wow, like every non-nintendo gamer you wish the company/developers to go out of buisness but in the same time you wish they go third party. that shows me every fucking time that nintendo games have a charme almost everyone appreciates.

Nintendo games are timeless and fun, which is why I wish they would go 3rd party. Its not that I hate nintendo but their consoles are horrible

I got burned with the n64 and Gamecube, while they did have some gems I missed out on alot of 3rd party games that pissed me off, never again nintendo!

Thanks for starting the obvious, Miyamoto. Obviously it'll take some time for the Wii U to shine. But, if you want the Wii U to shine, you at least have to put some effort into it. Time won't take care of everything.

Gamerace said:
Th3PANO said:
Gamerace said:

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

wow, like every non-nintendo gamer you wish the company/developers to go out of buisness but in the same time you wish they go third party. that shows me every fucking time that nintendo games have a charme almost everyone appreciates.

Click on my profile and then my games library.  

Stop hating just because I have a valid point.  The ability to play games on the TV or on a portable screen will not be unique to WiiU. 720 will do it, PS4 will with Vita and could easily otherwise and even Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s (rumoured) will allow you to play either on phone (with controller) or off TV.    WiiU's gamepad will not stop the WiiU from looking out-of-date by this holiday season.  

At least it took MS/Sony 4 years to catch up to Wii's innovation.

there is more about wii u then off tv playing. seriously, alone the navigation is much easier then with d-pad/sticks, there will be no games designed around cross play from ps4/vita, and the funniest thing is you need internet connection to play it with the vita cause gakai = cloud = internet. and the crossplay with playing where you can play every ps 4 title is working with gakai kid.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Th3PANO said:
Gamerace said:

Nintendo games are timeless and fun, which is why I wish they would go 3rd party. Its not that I hate nintendo but their consoles are horrible

I got burned with the n64 and Gamecube, while they did have some gems I missed out on alot of 3rd party games that pissed me off, never again nintendo!

I loved those systems now if we were talking about the wii....

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
I know what I'm talking about son, I see these comments on every Nintendo article I read or video I go on, and the off screen feature for me is a brilliant feature as I have a family and can't have the tv all the time, so no it's not a useless feature, maybe to you single folk, but not me.

Pathetic attempt at an insult considering it's a well known fact that I have a wife and kid. You really have no clue if you are projecting what you see from trolls onto a reasonable fanbase.

Desertghost said:
sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:
Nintendo acts like MS and Sony can't release a peripheral in the future to compete......

But what they don't acknowledge is that the more time goes by, the more dated the WiiU will look by comparison. This aint like the Wii, where casuals didn;t care about graphics......WiiU is for core gamers, and in a couple years it will allready look ancient compared to PS4/Xbox

Wii U is for everyone.  I like the second screen because I can watch netflix in my bed (I have the Wii U in the living room), play some games off screen while lounging in my bed (it is where I get most of my high scores in Zen 2 since I prefer off screen play for the game over TV), web browse (it has a good web browser and since Wii U boots faster than my PC I have been using it more and more for web browsing), web browse / game while taking a shit and a few other things.  So to state that is just for the elite hardcore crowd is a false statement.  Nintendo markets to everyone.

I do all that with my PS Vita aswell. Truth is Wii U dosen't give the excluisve experience the Wii did whe it lunched, that's why it wont be as succesful. it's weird Nintendo fans thought Nintendo would keep dominating the market just because it's Nintendo, N64 and Gamecube got their asses kicked( in sales that is) and they had as much Nintendo as the Wii. The only way Nintendo could dominate again is by making a super universal appeling console, of course they tried with the Wii U but it didn't worked out.

no sane person ever claimed nintendo will be at top. succesful is when they get a profit out of it at a later time. they don't need to be at first place.

Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:
Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:

So you just read the headline (which he never said himself) and not the article?

I'm responding to the article:

The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

That’s according to design legend Shigeru Miyamoto who speaking to CNN said that the Wii U’s impact will grow considerably over time.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Perhaps you should read it yourself.

I just linked you to the original article, not MCV's crap.   Read the actual CNN article.  hell, even the MCV article doesn't actually quote Miyamoto as saying anything directly toward the compeition nor does not say any of the comepition can't do the same.

My apologies viper - you must have posted that after I began my post.  I didn't see it.

Read it now.   You're correct, he's not suggesting it'll pose any threat to PS4/720 but I still think he's willfully or neglectly (is that a word?) oblivious to the fact that WiiU isn't doing anything that won't be commonplace in a very short amount of time.  It's going to seem very dated by end of 2014 and that's a big problem.

Th3PANO said:
Desertghost said:
sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

no sane person ever claimed nintendo will be at top. succesful is when they get a profit out of it at a later time. they don't need to be at first place.

Except a good portion of people still believe Nintendo will be ontop. And not because Nintendo will start selling well but because they think Ps4 and 720 will sell less

Gamerace said:
Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:
Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:

So you just read the headline (which he never said himself) and not the article?

I'm responding to the article:

The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

That’s according to design legend Shigeru Miyamoto who speaking to CNN said that the Wii U’s impact will grow considerably over time.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Perhaps you should read it yourself.

I just linked you to the original article, not MCV's crap.   Read the actual CNN article.  hell, even the MCV article doesn't actually quote Miyamoto as saying anything directly toward the compeition nor does not say any of the comepition can't do the same.

My apologies viper - you must have posted that after I began my post.  I didn't see it.

Read it now.   You're correct, he's not suggesting it'll pose any threat to PS4/720 but I still think he's willfully or neglectly (is that a word?) oblivious to the fact that WiiU isn't doing anything that won't be commonplace in a very short amount of time.  It's going to seem very dated by end of 2014 and that's a big problem.

Willfully neglecting or willfully obvlivious is what I believe you are trying to say. (Willfully ignorant is another)