By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: give the Wii U time.

Viper1 said:

How many of you actually read the article?  Or the original CNN article itself? 

How many of you read the baited headline from MCV and thought Miaymoto actually said that?

Miyamoto never once talked about the compeition.

Read the real article and not the fanboy bait.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/nintendo-miyamoto-wii-u/index.html

4-5 pages of people fighting over the headline that isn't even in the damn article to begin with.

May have to quote myself all day here.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

How many of you actually read the article?  Or the original CNN article itself? 

How many of you read the baited headline from MCV and thought Miaymoto actually said that?

Miyamoto never once talked about the compeition.

Read the real article and not the fanboy bait.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/05/tech/gaming-gadgets/nintendo-miyamoto-wii-u/index.html

4-5 pages of people fighting over the headline that isn't even in the damn article to begin with.

May have to quote myself all day here.

didnt read this, what should i change the article to? 

Edit : im kind of busy so i wont read the other article, so just give me a proper headline if you could so people would stop arguing

Gamerace said:
Viper1 said:
Gamerace said:
Aside from yes WiiU needs games...

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

So you just read the headline (which he never said himself) and not the article?

I'm responding to the article:

The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

That’s according to design legend Shigeru Miyamoto who speaking to CNN said that the Wii U’s impact will grow considerably over time.

"I almost feel like, as people get more familiar with Wii U and these touchscreen interfaces, that there is going to come a point where they feel like 'I can't do everything I want to do if I don't have a second screen'."

Perhaps you should read it yourself.

I just linked you to the original article, not MCV's crap.   Read the actual CNN article.  hell, even the MCV article doesn't actually quote Miyamoto as saying anything directly toward the compeition nor does not say any of the comepition can't do the same.

MegaDrive08 said:
Do you ever go on N4G or comments sections on Nintendo videos on YouTube? the hate Nintendo gets is unbelievable in the comments sections, there's seems to be a genuine hate for Nintendo amongst the two fan bases, and it tends to be these two fan bases that start with Nintendo fans, i find Nintendo fans tend to mind there own business, I guarantee there's been more Nintendo doomed articles than Sony or ms

Lol you aren't making your claim any better. I could find just as many hate posts for 360 and ps3 at youtube. You are really reaching but falling short.

I guarentee you are just generalizing without knowing what you are talking about

bananaking21 said:

Edit : im kind of busy so i wont read the other article, so just give me a proper headline if you could so people would stop arguing

'Mario,' 'Zelda' creator says give the Wii U time.

That's the original CNN headline and the crux of the interview.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
bananaking21 said:

thanks, damn crappy game journalists, if i knew it was made up i woluld have put that tittle

bananaking21 said:
Viper1 said:
bananaking21 said:

thanks, damn crappy game journalists, if i knew it was made up i woluld have put that tittle

Nintendo's Japanese execs (Yamauchi aside) are usally very respective of the compeition and rarely ever address them directly.   Any headline that suggests they say something about the compeition should be immediately taken with a grain of salt as it's likely written just to gain hits.   Which as you can see works incredibly well.

Th3PANO said:
Gamerace said:
Aside from yes WiiU needs games...

Miyamoto's point here is absurd. Just by pushing the screen to a tablet (common device in an ever growing amount of households) PS4/720 equalize the WiiU's advantage (limited by how far you can get from the system with your wireless controller). MS will almost certainly offer this (smartglass) and Sony could copy the strategy easily.

I really don't see this being a big advantage. People are more and more watching TV off different devices as well and many homes have multiple TVs. Heck, if PS4/720 could send the picture to any smart tv in the house that would trump WiiU's gamepad for a lot of people - and that type of functionality will become standard over the next five years making Nintendo's solution appear antiquated.

Miyamoto is completely out of touch with modern technology and how the world works nowadays. The sooner he retires the better (but I hope he still designs some games).

wow, like every non-nintendo gamer you wish the company/developers to go out of buisness but in the same time you wish they go third party. that shows me every fucking time that nintendo games have a charme almost everyone appreciates.

Click on my profile and then my games library.  

Stop hating just because I have a valid point.  The ability to play games on the TV or on a portable screen will not be unique to WiiU. 720 will do it, PS4 will with Vita and could easily otherwise and even Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s (rumoured) will allow you to play either on phone (with controller) or off TV.    WiiU's gamepad will not stop the WiiU from looking out-of-date by this holiday season.  

At least it took MS/Sony 4 years to catch up to Wii's innovation.

I know what I'm talking about son, I see these comments on every Nintendo article I read or video I go on, and the off screen feature for me is a brilliant feature as I have a family and can't have the tv all the time, so no it's not a useless feature, maybe to you single folk, but not me.

Viper1 said:
bananaking21 said:

Now people will say "I have already waited long enough".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!