By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Worked On PS4 and PS Vita 'Simultaneously'

Thought this was common sense?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
For the PSV to be able to play the PS4 games remotely.... wont the PS4 have to be always online?

No, not at all. It would just need to an internet connection during remote play sessions. Just like ps3/psp.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

So what?

Ex Graphics Whore.

bananaking21 said:

As soon as the PS3 launched in 2006, I'm sure some parts of the company, especially those hardware people who work in R&D and the semiconductor [area], must have started the R&D effort."

He doesn't even know if they did? X'D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

kowenicki said:
For the PSV to be able to play the PS4 games remotely.... wont the PS4 have to be always online?

Actually no. At least with the PS3 it had the ability to do remote play off of its own private network, not through the internet. No reason to expect this to be absent in PS4. I know you're just joking in light of the competition but I couldn't help but correct you.

Rychussnik said:

did they (sony) say that all ps4 games will be remote play?

Every PS4 game that's played with the dualshock 4. For obvious reasons move and camera games will not be supported.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

For the use of an optional feature rather than the entire console.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

kowenicki said:

Yeah it would. But you can still play games offline unlike that other console. You would also be able to turn off the "always online" feature if you wanted to. I assume it would work the same way as Ps3 does now. 

Woo, haters got started early in this one.

Still, what this tells me is that a lot of the Vita/PS3 features we've felt were under-used were really Vita/PS4 features. That's encouraging. It always felt like a bit of a letdown that some those nifty sounding functions were never used very often but now we know why.

kowenicki said:

better luck next try.

OT - looking forward to hearing more.  there has be be a reason vita has that accessory port and my monies on some sort of ps4/vita interaction.

kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:

better luck next try.

OT - looking forward to hearing more.  there has be be a reason vita has that accessory port and my monies on some sort of ps4/vita interaction.

is there anything that uses the accessory port at the moment?