By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Personality types! Tell us about yourself :)

Smeags said:
Talal said:

Same.

Most of it is true, but I'm not original nor creative, at least I don't think I am.

*hi-5*

ISFPs are also humble. :3

lol. Let's be BFF's. :3

Around the Network

ESTP. The performer. Am I really the only one so far?

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

It says that I like turtles

BOSS - AMAZING

If a professional measured your value as a person, you would rank perfect in every important category: intelligence, humor, attractiveness, leadership, health, etc. Words cannot describe how amazing you are. In fact, we cannot even comprehend how awesome you are. No one can; everyone thinks you're just some regular dude, but everyone's wrong. They're just too stupid to realize it. Only you have the ability to truly understand how great you are due to your superior intellect and attractiveness.

ISTP - The Mechanic

Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.

---------------------------

I am actually pleased with how fairly accurate this is. For one, I love anything mechanical, especially anything I can mod. I don't know what constitutes as an "extreme sport", but I am an avid Hockey player. I don't ask for anything and sometimes it drives my fiance nuts. "What do you want for your B-Day?", I always say "Nothing. I don't really need anything.". Used to be the same when I was younger and Christmas was around the corner. I always told my parents not to buy me anything and instead use the money towards the mortgage.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

ISFJ - The Nurturer

Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other's feelings. Interested in serving others.

INFP - The Idealist

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

BUT...

I found that each questions had answers on both sides that applied to me. I was forced to choose the sides with the most answers that felt right, but the truth is that I an not 100% "The Idealist". I'd say i'm probably only 75% "The Idealist" and 25% of various other types.

People are more complexe than four questions can describe.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

There is a 72-question YES/NO test that can help determine your type.  You have to be honest, of course.  The first I took one of these I answered the way I though I "should" be, when there are no right or wrong answers, except what describes you.

LemonSlice said:

Please put in the post: "WARNING: This is as accurate or scientific as using the distance between your two fingers to measure the radius of the Moon. For entertainment purposes only."

Then why does Briggs-Meyers type indicator show up in Psychology textbooks?  Why do practicing psychiatrists keep material on it handy? This ain't no "what video game character are you?" test.  It's a tool in the field of psychology that can help people.

It CAN be very difficult to determine your type, especially if you're not honest with yourself about who you are, but it's quite remarkable how the types describe behavior and mindset so well.  But do keep in mind: these are only types.  Categories.  There are as many personalities as there are people in the world, it just so happens they can be categorized to some extent.

As for me, I am an INFP.

Wow, no one is as daring as me? Disappointing!

Fayceless said:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

There is a 72-question YES/NO test that can help determine your type.  You have to be honest, of course.  The first I took one of these I answered the way I though I "should" be, when there are no right or wrong answers, except what describes you.

LemonSlice said:

Please put in the post: "WARNING: This is as accurate or scientific as using the distance between your two fingers to measure the radius of the Moon. For entertainment purposes only."

Then why does Briggs-Meyers type indicator show up in Psychology textbooks?  Why do practicing psychiatrists keep material on it handy? This ain't no "what video game character are you?" test.  It's a tool in the field of psychology that can help people.

It CAN be very difficult to determine your type, especially if you're not honest with yourself about who you are, but it's quite remarkable how the types describe behavior and mindset so well.  But do keep in mind: these are only types.  Categories.  There are as many personalities as there are people in the world, it just so happens they can be categorized to some extent.

As for me, I am an INFP.

Interesting.

I took the OP's test and came out as:

INFP - The Idealist

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

Then I took your long test and came out as:

ESFJ - The Caregiver

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function.

While both do describe me in part, neither describe me as a whole. It seems to me that we, as human beings, are far too complex for any test to define us.