By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Vampire Diaries Thread

BloodyRain said:

Nice, guess that means rebecca is going to new orleans. So I'm guessing by your reaction, the episode was awesome? xD

Yes, the episode was very good.  Man, the season finale episode looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best season finales of the show.

Around the Network

CW has ordered four new series for fall.

Based on an upcoming book series, The 100 is set in a future where nuclear war destroyed our civilization, sending humans into space. The story involves 100 juvenile delinquents being sent back to Earth to see if it's possible to re-colinize the planet. The cast includes Henry Ian Cusick (Lost) and Kelly Hu (Arrow).

Star-Crossed (formerly known as Oxygen) is about the romance between a human girl and an alien boy, in a society adjusting to aliens being integrated into everyday life, after years locked in an internment camp following their arrival. Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights) and Matt Lanter (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) star.

A remake of the 1970s UK series, The Tomorrow People is about an X-Men-like group of young people who are the next stage of human evolution, possessing powers and abilities. Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural) is among the cast, with The Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec and Arrow's Greg Berlanti among the executive producers.

A period piece, Reign is about the untold story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power, beginning with her arrival in France as a 15-year old.

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

Nice, guess that means rebecca is going to new orleans. So I'm guessing by your reaction, the episode was awesome? xD

Yes, the episode was very good.  Man, the season finale episode looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best season finales of the show.

Wow, thats a bold statement considering how awesome the previous ones were.

nnodley said:
CW has ordered four new series for fall.

Based on an upcoming book series, The 100 is set in a future where nuclear war destroyed our civilization, sending humans into space. The story involves 100 juvenile delinquents being sent back to Earth to see if it's possible to re-colinize the planet. The cast includes Henry Ian Cusick (Lost) and Kelly Hu (Arrow).

Star-Crossed (formerly known as Oxygen) is about the romance between a human girl and an alien boy, in a society adjusting to aliens being integrated into everyday life, after years locked in an internment camp following their arrival. Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights) and Matt Lanter (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) star.

A remake of the 1970s UK series, The Tomorrow People is about an X-Men-like group of young people who are the next stage of human evolution, possessing powers and abilities. Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural) is among the cast, with The Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec and Arrow's Greg Berlanti among the executive producers.

A period piece, Reign is about the untold story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power, beginning with her arrival in France as a 15-year old.

lol, I just saw this on ign.

The 100- sounds interesting and I will prob check it out.

Star-Crossed- Not sure, so it's like a love story between two diff species. I guess it is kind of like vampire and human. Could be good.

The Tomorrow People- Reminds me of heroes.Arrow and vampire diaries producers, hell ya!

Reign0lol a period piece on the cw seems weird. Who knows though.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

It could possilbly not be, but the preview looked really awesome.

@New CW shows.  Yeah, the first three sound interesting and will give them a go.  I loved Heroes so I will definitely be watching the tomorrow people 

Around the Network
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

@New CW shows.  Yeah, the first three sound interesting and will give them a go.  I loved Heroes so I will definitely be watching the tomorrow people 

It makes me so sad how downhill heroes went. The first season was so good. I still remeber the line save the cheerleader, save the world.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

It makes me so sad how downhill heroes went. The first season was so good. I still remeber the line save the cheerleader, save the world.

I know.  I started rewatching season 1 on netflix and everything was so well thought out.  I thought season 2 was great too and the first half of season 3 was good then it just started getting really bad.

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:

I know.  I started rewatching season 1 on netflix and everything was so well thought out.  I thought season 2 was great too and the first half of season 3 was good then it just started getting really bad.

Sylar got really overplayed in the seasons. He was like an emotional rollercoaster. The last seasn was improving though. The problem with heroes might have been the huge cast. They weren't juggled that well in later seasons. Not to mention the mystery of the powers was kind of lost after two seasons.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:

Sylar got really overplayed in the seasons. He was like an emotional rollercoaster. The last seasn was improving though. The problem with heroes might have been the huge cast. They weren't juggled that well in later seasons. Not to mention the mystery of the powers was kind of lost after two seasons.

Yeah, he was going all over the place.  The only show i think that handled such a large cast was Lost.  My favorite show of all time.  

nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:

Yeah, he was going all over the place.  The only show i think that handled such a large cast was Lost.  My favorite show of all time.  

I still have to check out lost. I got up to episode 2 of season 1 lol.