By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Real or not, Jesus is the most influencial Human in history! If you deny that you are lying to yourself-

Most influencial?

Obama 10 3.82%

Greg Johnson 2 0.76%

Elvis 6 2.29%

Karl Marx 12 4.58%

Benji Franklin 5 1.91%

Jesus 140 53.44%

Shakespear 6 2.29%

Mel Gibson 11 4.20%

Islam God, do not want to... 25 9.54%

Other ( Post below fake internet friends!) 43 16.41%

Total:260
ArnoldRimmer said:
theprof00 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
I recently saw a BBC documentary about the history of mankind, where they claimed that genetic analysis has shown that pretty much all humans living today (at least on the northern hemisphere) are descendants of one woman who lived about 60-70000 years ago.

If that's true, I'd place my bets on her.

Don't forget, there's also that one person who introduced different color hair and eyes to the entire world.

I guess that's some kind of joke, but I just don't get it.

lol misquote. sorry

I don't know much about mitochondrial eve, but it's said that the deformity of eye color and hair color comes from a single European person, meaning that a huge population comes from a single person. I just like to use this example, because it is pretty concrete.

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
theprof00 said:
pezus said:
JakDaSnack said:
pezus said:
JakDaSnack said:
pezus said:
Disagree. God is the most influental. He is the sole reason for us being here, for pete's sake!

Jesus is God in human form, and the OP said the most influencial "Human."  Just sayin :P

God is human in better-than-Jesus form. 

Are you talking about a different God?  The God of the Bible, and Jesus, are one of the same.  Jesus is God, and God is Jesus.  

Just the only God out there

According to the Jews, God is different from Jesus.
According to the Christians, God is a trinity of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.
According to the Muslims, God is not Jesus, and Muhammed is his prophet.

The Bible actually uses the Jewish text, so it's not necessarily true that the God of the Bible and Jesus are the same. That's only true in the new testament.

First, the muslims don't use the bible, they use the quaran (or however you spell that).

Second, based on context you have to assume that when I say God of the bible and Jesus in the same sentence I am referring to the entire bible, and not just the old testament.  

The God Allah, is the same God from the Bible, iirc.

God is only Jesus from a certain point of view. As I wrote, that very same God is looked at differently by two other religions.

theprof00 said:
JakDaSnack said:
theprof00 said:
pezus said:
JakDaSnack said:
pezus said:
JakDaSnack said:
pezus said:
Disagree. God is the most influental. He is the sole reason for us being here, for pete's sake!

Jesus is God in human form, and the OP said the most influencial "Human."  Just sayin :P

God is human in better-than-Jesus form. 

Are you talking about a different God?  The God of the Bible, and Jesus, are one of the same.  Jesus is God, and God is Jesus.  

Just the only God out there

According to the Jews, God is different from Jesus.
According to the Christians, God is a trinity of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.
According to the Muslims, God is not Jesus, and Muhammed is his prophet.

The Bible actually uses the Jewish text, so it's not necessarily true that the God of the Bible and Jesus are the same. That's only true in the new testament.

First, the muslims don't use the bible, they use the quaran (or however you spell that).

Second, based on context you have to assume that when I say God of the bible and Jesus in the same sentence I am referring to the entire bible, and not just the old testament.  

The God Allah, is the same God from the Bible, iirc.

Yes but their beliefs stem from a different book.

God is only Jesus from a certain point of view. As I wrote, that very same God is looked at differently by two other religions.

Did you not read my post?  Read it again please, I believe you are not understanding what I was saying.

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:

I'm just saying there's not the only God out there. I don't disagree with your points. The same God is in three different religions.

Oh, well I guess the thing I do disagree with is "the God from the Bible", because the God from the Old testament and the New testament are two different religions. You can't say "the God from the Bible", because that marginalizes Judaism.

theprof00 said:
JakDaSnack said:

I'm just saying there's not the only God out there. I don't disagree with your points. The same God is in three different religions.

Oh, well I guess the thing I do disagree with is "the God from the Bible", because the God from the Old testament and the New testament are two different religions. You can't say "the God from the Bible", because that marginalizes Judaism.

Ok, I get that, But I will say that Christians believe in the Old and New testaments, not just the new, and that Jews just believe in the Old.  But I was never trying to marginalize Judaism, I was just saying that I believe that by referencing Jesus and the God of the Bible in one sentence, that it could be assumed I was referring to Both the Old and New testaments(Christian God).  I could see how that could be offensive to Jews, But I kinda feel that you have to take it a little out of context for that.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
I do agree with people that without certain people and or events prior to Jesus the human race would not be were we are today, however how many people know these others?

Mention the word Jesus and almost everyone on this planet will give you two answers:
1. Believed to be son of God.
2. He was the guy that raped me in a Mexican prison lol.

Also I agree with BeenVTrigger, those saying he didn't exist are ignorant. What we don't know is was he a common carpenter that knew a few tricks, son of god, or a man from the future who discovered time travel lol.

Ah the ignorant calling others ignorant. A fine example of the Dunning-Kruger effect at play.

I give you the same response I gave him - there is no contemporary evidence for such a Messiah. I challenge you to find one piece of it. 

ArnoldRimmer said:
I recently saw a BBC documentary about the history of mankind, where they claimed that genetic analysis has shown that pretty much all humans living today (at least on the northern hemisphere) are descendants of one woman who lived about 60-70000 years ago.

Fascinating stuff. Although you're mistaken as to her importance. If she had died, another female would become that mitochondrial eve. She bears no importance at all tbh. It just means the lineage remains in tact. And I'm pretty sure her parents are more important than her, and so on and so forth. 

I was talking to a professor at my university about this and he had an interesting rationale. Although Jesus has been the most influential person in people's day to day lives for centuries arguably someone like James Watt was much more influential in our day to day lives in the modern age. How different your life would be without Watt and how much the world has changed in such a short amount of time since the industrial revolution is probably more important to your day to day life than religious influence. Now Historically I'm sure Christianity in some way affected the Industrial Revolution, but if we play that game then we wouldn't call Jesus the most influential and we'd instead have to go back further to who influenced the eventual creation of Christianity instead of Jesus himself.

dsgrue3 said:
Cobretti2 said:
I do agree with people that without certain people and or events prior to Jesus the human race would not be were we are today, however how many people know these others?

Mention the word Jesus and almost everyone on this planet will give you two answers:
1. Believed to be son of God.
2. He was the guy that raped me in a Mexican prison lol.

Also I agree with BeenVTrigger, those saying he didn't exist are ignorant. What we don't know is was he a common carpenter that knew a few tricks, son of god, or a man from the future who discovered time travel lol.

Ah the ignorant calling others ignorant. A fine example of the Dunning-Kruger effect at play.

I give you the same response I gave him - there is no contemporary evidence for such a Messiah. I challenge you to find one piece of it. 

ArnoldRimmer said:

Fascinating stuff. Although you're mistaken as to her importance. If she had died, another female would become that mitochondrial eve. She bears no importance at all tbh. It just means the lineage remains in tact. And I'm pretty sure her parents are more important than her, and so on and so forth. 

Then why do "Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

If what your saying is true and their is no "contempory evidence" then why is it that almost all modern scholars (both non-Christian and Christian) agree that he existed?  Either A) all of these professionals should be fired, or B) You are missing something.

JakDaSnack said:

Then why do "Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

If what your saying is true and their is no "contempory evidence" then why is it that almost all modern scholars (both non-Christian and Christian) agree that he existed?  Either A) all of these professionals should be fired, or B) You are missing something.

Quoting the same source over and over again isn't advancing this argument. Stop it.

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand here. And what do you mean "if what your saying is true?" It's absolutely true. The scholars don't have any secret information. They are making a conjecture about Jesus' existence. I disagree with their conjecture as no such source exists of contemporaneity.

They are using sources from 50+ years AFTER his alleged resurrection. Where is the data from DURING his life? No where to be found. Astonishing, no?

Can't deny that ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS