By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft (Qtr results) Beat expectations: Revenue: $20.5bn (up 8%), Income $6.7bn (up 5%), E&D division $342m profit, XBOX:1.3m shipped

Kynes said:
Farsala said:
Kynes said:
Gugerface said:
So how does MS profits compare to Sony/Nintendo? 6.7 billion to what? If that is not fair, how does MS profits for this quarter compare to Nintendo/Sony market cap?

MS could buy Sony (16.24B market cap) or Nintendo (14.79B) with the profits of one year.

I do not think they could purchase all of Sony's assets though. Heck they sold 2 buildings for 2Bn+.

When you purchase the shares of a company, you purchase its assets and its liabilities. Sony has ~160B on assets, but they also have ~135B on liabilities. Of course MS can't purchase all their assets alone with the profits of one year, but they could purchase a majority of the shares and control the company. The most important data to know the health of a company IMO is the shareholders equity and the profits of the last 3-5 years. When you have losses during several years, and the shareholders equity is in a sharp decline, that company has huge problems, and that's why the share value has been so low.

Explore more SNE Data at Wikinvest

Good to know. Equity is almost at 2004 lvls but in the past Qs looks to have stablizied a little bit.

Around the Network

Great numbers! Now what would help even more are some lower priced tablets running full Windows, which might happen later this year according to the Intel CEO. I know I would definitely buy one if they release a full Windows tablet in the $400 price range. Let's hope they do.

pezus said:
Proclus said:
"Ballmer is a disaster"! "Microsoft is doomed"! "X360 fail"!

Time for the next 4 months of inconceived nonsense.

Thanks for the numbers kow, great job as always.

3*

Well played. :D

time to eat crow adam hartung.

Great numbers, and the best is that they didnt need to sell building.

Microsoft is a beast.