By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft (Qtr results) Beat expectations: Revenue: $20.5bn (up 8%), Income $6.7bn (up 5%), E&D division $342m profit, XBOX:1.3m shipped

TheSource said:

They could just be overshipping now so they can use their factories to make a lot of X720s (rather than X360s) in the holiday quarter. That was part of the reason the original Xbox was phased out earlier than necessary. Instead of making 3-4m X360s in Q4, they can make 2-3m, and 1-2m X720s too.

Overshipping in the last 9 months?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
On Vgchartz: - All my friends leave Xbox live and get PSn plus!
- Hundreds of threads why it is stupid people stay on xbox live...

Reality: Xbox live saw an increase of 18%!

Burn! Stupid fanboys and their wild pathetic hatefull dreams sigh =p.

calm down there man. no need to call other people pathetic and fanboys just because their friends dont like the same thing you like. 

anyways those xbox live numbers are up 6 from janurary  2012 from when they annuonced they had 40 million users. xbox live numbers are impressive no doubt but its growth has slowed down dramitcally

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/60687-xbox-live-users-topple-40-million

I am totally calm :);    How would you call a kind of people who love a system so much that they would start hate threads about a concurrent and its online service while filling those threads with claims as 'all my friend leave it or everyone I know leaves' with as only goal to troll?   Tell me how would you call them?  They have no proof of those friends.  Just asking their friends GT gets no answer.  

And those numbers are growing is amazing while a lot of sites and people try to full us up with lies of a service decreasing in numbers.

mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:

It's only expected it's going to increase because of all the millions of new X360 owners, SOME of them have to connect it to the internet, right? That 46% includes ALL Live accounts, meaning "Silver" which is pretty much connecting the box to the net and making an account, lol.

This is done every year, it is not all accounts, only actives, and around 50% has been gold historically.

Jadedx said:

Probably Europe too.

Europe is confirmed under 300-400k in 2012 alone by Nintendo chartz... VGC that didn't change the numbers.

ethomaz said:
TheSource said:

They could just be overshipping now so they can use their factories to make a lot of X720s (rather than X360s) in the holiday quarter. That was part of the reason the original Xbox was phased out earlier than necessary. Instead of making 3-4m X360s in Q4, they can make 2-3m, and 1-2m X720s too.

Overshipping in the last 9 months?

Time for some adjustments, even if they are small. We have to be on board. Adjusting to recent numbers does not make us look weak, ignoring statstics and not adjusting does.

Doesn't just apply to XBox shipments, this applies to every system and software released.

Being accurate with data on this site is the reason for it, no?

I haven't been able to update my game collection in forever. I'd like to at least come to this site expecting solid sales data.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:

It's only expected it's going to increase because of all the millions of new X360 owners, SOME of them have to connect it to the internet, right? That 46% includes ALL Live accounts, meaning "Silver" which is pretty much connecting the box to the net and making an account, lol.

Lol what?   Accounts get deactived after some time.    Keep trying to look the numbers bad :).  Thanks to show them what kind of people I was talking about.

-this user was moderated for this post by amp316

Jadedx said:
mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:

This is done every year, it is not all accounts, only actives, and around 50% has been gold historically.

50% of what, exactly? you're saying there are 23 million ACTIVE Gold accounts? where's the data for this? And again, it's bound to increase every quarter, every new Xbox sold is a potential new account of any type (some units are bought by people who already own an account, but of course there are multiple accounts on a single console). 

Pretty amazing.

I think VGC isn't adjusting because they aren't sure where the 360 is selling better.

Lostplanet22 said:
bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

calm down there man. no need to call other people pathetic and fanboys just because their friends dont like the same thing you like. 

anyways those xbox live numbers are up 6 from janurary  2012 from when they annuonced they had 40 million users. xbox live numbers are impressive no doubt but its growth has slowed down dramitcally

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/60687-xbox-live-users-topple-40-million

I am totally calm :);    How would you call a kind of people who love a system so much that they would start hate threads about a concurrent and its online service while filling those threads with claims as 'all my friend leave it or everyone I know leaves' with as only goal to troll?   Tell me how would you call them?  They have no proof of those friends.  Just asking their friends GT gets no answer.  

And those numbers are growing is amazing while a lot of sites and people try to full us up with lies of a service decreasing in numbers.

what would i call them? people you should ignore

Lostplanet22 said:

did they hurt your religious feelings?