By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft (Qtr results) Beat expectations: Revenue: $20.5bn (up 8%), Income $6.7bn (up 5%), E&D division $342m profit, XBOX:1.3m shipped

Jadedx said:
mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:
On Vgchartz: - All my friends leave Xbox live and get PSn plus!
- Hundreds of threads why it is stupid people stay on xbox live...

Reality: Xbox live saw an increase of 18%!

Burn! Stupid fanboys and their wild pathetic hatefull dreams sigh =p.

It's only expected it's going to increase because of all the millions of new X360 owners, SOME of them have to connect it to the internet, right? That 46% includes ALL Live accounts, meaning "Silver" which is pretty much connecting the box to the net and making an account, lol.

This is done every year, it is not all accounts, only actives, and around 50% has been gold historically.

what? atleast provide a source for a claim like that

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Lostplanet22 said:

did they hurt your religious feelings?

Yes indeed will you give me a refund  =p?

bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

calm down there man. no need to call other people pathetic and fanboys just because their friends dont like the same thing you like. 

anyways those xbox live numbers are up 6 from janurary  2012 from when they annuonced they had 40 million users. xbox live numbers are impressive no doubt but its growth has slowed down dramitcally

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/60687-xbox-live-users-topple-40-million

I am totally calm :);    How would you call a kind of people who love a system so much that they would start hate threads about a concurrent and its online service while filling those threads with claims as 'all my friend leave it or everyone I know leaves' with as only goal to troll?   Tell me how would you call them?  They have no proof of those friends.  Just asking their friends GT gets no answer.  

And those numbers are growing is amazing while a lot of sites and people try to full us up with lies of a service decreasing in numbers.

what would i call them? people you should ignore

Is that why you are defending them now? =p?

Boutros said:

Pretty amazing.

I think VGC isn't adjusting because they aren't sure where the 360 is selling better.

Nintendo was releasing every quarter chartz about Europe... only 2012 360 is under 300-400k by these chartz... how can VGC not sure where the 360 is undertracked? The chartz even have the contries divided.

Lostplanet22 said:
bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

I am totally calm :);    How would you call a kind of people who love a system so much that they would start hate threads about a concurrent and its online service while filling those threads with claims as 'all my friend leave it or everyone I know leaves' with as only goal to troll?   Tell me how would you call them?  They have no proof of those friends.  Just asking their friends GT gets no answer.  

And those numbers are growing is amazing while a lot of sites and people try to full us up with lies of a service decreasing in numbers.

what would i call them? people you should ignore

Is that why you are defending them now? =p?

defending who exactly? actually when in this thread did i defend anybody?

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:

It's only expected it's going to increase because of all the millions of new X360 owners, SOME of them have to connect it to the internet, right? That 46% includes ALL Live accounts, meaning "Silver" which is pretty much connecting the box to the net and making an account, lol.

expected?? i think youre missing the point systems declined 9% xbox live membership increase 18% wouldnt you think that theses two would have a direct relationship. if i told you that hotdog weiners sales dropped 9% would you expect hotdog buns to increased 18% 

"We're in the business of making money" said by every company ever known

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
What do you say about hardware sales of the old consoles this year then, kowen? 30% down, was it?

25% to 30% yes.  They will be.  Guaranteed.  The holdays will be down by at least 50%.

Shipments were down less than 10%.

"Ballmer is a disaster"! "Microsoft is doomed"! "X360 fail"!

Time for the next 4 months of inconceived nonsense.

Thanks for the numbers kow, great job as always.

bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
bananaking21 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
wfz said:
This article reminds me of the fact that I do use Skype often with my friends but it is an utter piece of shit with all the technical issues it has (most prominently the fact that peoples' voices become distorted randomly and the calls must be restarted). Seriously, you'd think a company like Microsoft would have it figured out by now (how long have they owned Skype?).

Anyways, good news for MS. Always nice to see a company doing well when so many are underperforming.

Same problems on my laptop but curiously works fine on my Iphone.

its either your mic or your audio settings in your laptop. i used to have issue's but i worked them out. works great with me

Audio is fine it is disconnecting that is the problem.  But my laptop is getting old and is getting those overheating problems (even cut some airholes in it lol).

lool i have a very strong feeling its your hardware then but try some other program if it works fine than the problem is with skype 

It's you that doesn't know how Skype works.  Skype is peer to peer, meaning your conversation is routed through someone else's computer.  If their bandwidth fluctuates, than your connection may fluctuate.  This is one reason why when you attempt to exit Skype, it doesn't close the program but rather minimizes it.  So your connection can be used to route other connections. 

There may be various reasons why you lose the connection, depending who each party is.  A connection between Europe and the US has to go across a trans-Atlantic connection.  Which is the same wire that has existed since they laid down the first telephone cable. 

bigCchris said:
mutantclown said:
Lostplanet22 said:

expected?? i think youre missing the point systems declined 9% xbox live membership increase 18% wouldnt you think that theses two would have a direct relationship. if i told you that hotdog weiners sales dropped 9% would you expect hotdog buns to increased 18% 

Not that I really care about this conversation but you got that wrong shipments declined 9% YoY. While the total Xbox live numbers increased 18% overall. Or do I have it wrong? If it is 18% yoy then that would be weird to me.