By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEE says no 120GB PS3 ..... for the UK

ismael said:
So we will have a 120bg ps3 version in Europe too, they always say the opossite they do.

This is a picture of the new SKU (if you want to call it like that) coming to Europe:

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv01-2008-gamefront/startterpackPS3.jpg

Around the Network

An 80gb spiderman 3 bundle, interesting I thought that was the 40gb.

Well in that case, then the 120gb PS3(Which I doubt would come out) would be priced at $399.99? Then what off the 30gb the possibility of it dropping down to $299.99?

My comment on this is simple, sony needs a cheaper PS3 in order to gain ground on something, they are loosing sales because of the ps3's terrible price point.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

pretty sexy starter pack, with 2 games I would LOVE to own, Much better than the packed in games by Xbox, wouldn't you agree? ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
superchunk said:
yep. 120g will be soon. For the sake of the price and people who will buy it, hope it has BC. I bet it will be identical to the 80g, except for the obvious hdd.

Seems pointless though. If I were sony I would drop to the 40g only, add software bc, and dual shock 3. All for the $399 price.

I mean what is the 360 breakdown between the sku's? Arcade probably like 20%, 70% for the premium, and 10% for the elite? I am not sure, but that is what I would guess.

the already have it  for the PS1

they cant do it for the PS2, the Graphics Synthesizer is supposedly impossible to emulate or at least going to take another year to code. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

zackblue said:
An 80gb spiderman 3 bundle, interesting I thought that was the 40gb.

Well in that case, then the 120gb PS3(Which I doubt would come out) would be priced at $399.99? Then what off the 30gb the possibility of it dropping down to $299.99?

My comment on this is simple, sony needs a cheaper PS3 in order to gain ground on something, they are loosing sales because of the ps3's terrible price point.

I disagree. It's the SKUs. They can't make up their mind. Whoever is making these rash and dumb decisions on what needs to be done with the PS3 needs to be shot. I'm sorry, but when a company rehashes SO MANY different models of one system, it makes them look like total fools and assholes when it comes to marketing. They need to get their act together, and fast if they want to sell a lot. One SKU is fine, but just give it something that the consumer WANTS instead of what a company desires. It's just as bad as guy going after multiple girls because he doesn't know which one to stick with. It's PATHETIC.

Around the Network

^^no, it's definately the price point. Look what happend in November when they got the price down to $400. People don't care about all the previous SKUs. They go to a store and see one or two different PS3 models, they ask the sales person or the nearest teenager what the differences between the two are, and they decide which one to buy. They don't care if Sony had 350 previous SKUs out there, they see two in a store and the make a decision based on those two, not the previous 350 discontinued SKUs.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
^^no, it's definately the price point. Look what happend in November when they got the price down to $400. People don't care about all the previous SKUs. They go to a store and see one or two different PS3 models, they ask the sales person or the nearest teenager what the differences between the two are, and they decide which one to buy. They don't care if Sony had 350 previous SKUs out there, they see two in a store and the make a decision based on those two, not the previous 350 discontinued SKUs.

This is true, mostly. How many PS2 SKUs were there? Probably close to, if not more than, 20. They kept revising the motherboard on the original model, probably close to 10 times, then the slimline PS2 came out, and that went through some revisions, too. It didn't matter that they kept changing it. What mattered was the price was falling.

Exactly. The only people confused by the different SKUs are those of us trying to keep a running tally of all the different ones in all the different regions... and even then it's not hard to keep track if you're paying attention. For the average customer, it's a matter of choosing between two on the shelf, whose important differences basically come down to: 1) price, and 2) backwards compatibility.

This won't be the last PS3 SKU, and it shouldn't be. It only makes sense for Sony to keep updating the harddrive size and the bundled items, because this is a rapidly changing industry.

I'd laugh if Sony released a 320GB model in the PAL counties. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

That's it, Sony. Keep screwing over the region that supports you the most. Very nice.