By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiplatform Games will look better on PS4

Multiplatform games always looked better on XBOX 360 and even PS3 fans can’t deny the fact. Well those days are not going to last much long as Sony is going to release Playstation 4 with an AMD Jaguar CPU making the development really easy on Playstation 4. XBOX 720 will be using an IBM PowerPC CPU the same used in XBOX 360 with just more bells and whistles, being used for past 8 years most of the developers will feel at home with XBOX 720 but still it cannot beat PS4 as Mark Rein, VP of Epic Games describes PS4 as “a perfect gaming PC”. Sony will be using 8-core 64-bit x86 “Jaguar” CPU built by AMD as a result cross development on PC and PS4 will become relatively easy.

Cell processor in PlayStation 3 was very complicated and was not easy to develop on as a result XBOX 360 became the first choice for developers, games were first developed on XBOX 360 and then ported to PS3 and most of the ports were technically not as impressive as they were on PC or XBOX 360 as a result we witnessed some really bad PS3 ports like Bayonetta, Skyrim, Half Life and not to mention games often get delayed due to the complications in development. But Sony has learnt from mistakes in the past and that won’t be happening again.

Jaguar is at the heart of the AMD chip inside the PlayStation 4. The PS4 uses a semi-custom AMD APU, which includes eight CPU cores built on the Jaguar design, along with the company’s Radeon graphics. The combination is said to deliver nearly 1.8 teraflops of performance. In other words, AMD took the same basic components of the chips it designs for notebooks and tablets and combined them to create a special chip for Sony.

By using Jaguar CPU in PlayStation 4 developers will be able to port their PC games to PlayStation 4 in no time and they won’t be ports any more as the PS4 will be sharing the same architecture with the PC.

http://www.techtandoori.com/2013/04/06/multiplatform-games-look-better-on-ps4/

Around the Network
Somini said: 

Multiplatform games always looked better on XBOX 360 and even PS3 fans can’t deny the fact. Well those days are not going to last much long as Sony is going to release Playstation 4 with an AMD Jaguar CPU making the development really easy on Playstation 4. XBOX 720 will be using an IBM PowerPC CPU the same used in XBOX 360 with just more bells and whistles...

stopped reading at this point. nonsense.

Pointless article. Xbox 720 is rumored to be using Jaguar aswell. Also premature conclusion based on nothing.

Posting this crap thread should be a ban reason.

Someone told me years ago that console wars are fun. He was wrong, sonsole wars are just sad.

Around the Network
okr said:
Someone told me years ago that console wars are fun. He was wrong, sonsole wars are just sad.

never heard of a sonsole war.  I guess Sony really is synonymous with gaming if they change the name of the war just to almost include their name

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I feel like the multiplats are going to run flat on par with each other

okr said:

This.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Speculation on top of speculation based on rumors. Pointless article. Paints techtandoori in a bad light.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

platformmaster918 said:
okr said:

never heard of a sonsole war.  I guess Sony really is synonymous with gaming if they change the name of the war just to almost include their name.

q.e.d.