By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW&HW Up ! 30th March 2013

Just to guys talking about 20% in this week...

Sorry but the down is close to 10% than 20% in this week for both PS3 and 360... for the year PS3 is close to 15% down and 360 close to 20% down.

Last year still need adjustments to show the ~11% down for PS3 / ~19% down for 360 in Europe instead the 20%/30% down showed by VGC respectively.

VGC need to adjust there estimate algorithm asap.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PS3 is on fire.

Yes, because being down over 20% YoY with one of the biggest releases of the year is on fire nowadays.

There's no denying that this generation is dying, and although these figures may be low, you can't say it's doing well. Just relatively, and Ben then they certainly aren't awesome.

Did you not see the last NPD results? Everything was heavily undertracked. So in reality PS3 isn't exactly down 20% YOY. It's less than that.

VGKing said:
Conegamer said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PS3 is on fire.

Yes, because being down over 20% YoY with one of the biggest releases of the year is on fire nowadays.

There's no denying that this generation is dying, and although these figures may be low, you can't say it's doing well. Just relatively, and Ben then they certainly aren't awesome.

Did you not see the last NPD results? Everything was heavily undertracked. So in reality PS3 isn't exactly down 20% YOY. It's less than that.

Yes, I've already said this 4 times in the thread.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If only the 3DS could keep those numbers in NA and EU all the time... that would be great.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon opened up quite nicely, though! North America obviously wants to spend their money on 3DS games, Nintendo just doesn't want their money all the time, it seems!

pezus said:

Bioshock isn't close to being one of the biggest PS3 releases of the year either. Sales to the tune of 400k FW won't even reach the top 10, I think.

What do you consider the biggest release for PS3 this year? It's not the Last of Us, right?

Around the Network

NintendoPie said:

What do you consider the biggest release for PS3 this year? It's not the Last of Us, right?

GTA V for all.

pezus said:

CoD, GTA and FIFA and BF. Then there's the usual AC, Madden etc. And what's already out like God of War, Metal Gear: Rising, Tomb Raider. Of the exclusives, there's obviously The Last of Us and Beyond should at least match Bioshock (likely outdo it).

Rising biggest launch... oh pezus you makes me sad now.

My order of biggest releases on PS3.

1. GTA V
2. CoD
3. FIFA
4. The Last of US
5. God of War
6. AC
7. BattleField
8. BioShock

The others are minor releases lol

pezus said:

CoD, GTA and FIFA and BF. Then there's the usual AC, Madden etc. And what's already out like God of War, Metal Gear: Rising, Tomb Raider. Of the exclusives, there's obviously The Last of Us and Beyond should at least match Bioshock (likely outdo it). 

Does CoD, FIFA, BF, and Madden actually sell consoles? Those games just seem to be SW centric sales-wise.

Luigi is Amazing. It sold more than 500,000 this week (EU + US + JP)

ethomaz said:

pezus said:

Rising biggest launch... oh pezus you makes me sad now.

My order of biggest releases on PS3.

1. GTA V
2. CoD
3. FIFA
4. The Last of US
5. God of War
6. AC
7. BattleField
8. BioShock

The others are minor releases lol

Looks like a good list. I'd swap Battlefield and Bioshock though, and will AC push systems at this stage?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.