By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How my Wii died - an engagement tragedy...

Exactly, Sony does magnitudes of order more business than Nintendo does outside of video games. It's a very different cost/benefit ratio.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Exactly, Sony does magnitudes of order more business than Nintendo does outside of video games. It's a very different cost/benefit ratio.

Sure it's much more difficult for them but one office per country to coordinate everything regards market isn't a mission impossible. Sony also have some sins - for example no polish language support in my PSP but it's still way better than Nintendo (at least I can play Killzone: Liberation fully in my native language ).

kber81 said:
FishyJoe said:

Sure it's much more difficult for them but one office per country to coordinate everything regards market isn't a mission impossible. Sony also have some sins - for example no polish language support in my PSP but it's still way better than Nintendo (at least I can play Killzone: Liberation fully in my native language ).

that is by far the last thing that i would want in a game, playing with my native language on..even if a game did have the function included i would never turn it on, am i a self-hater now? :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

that is by far the last thing that i would want in a game, playing with my native language on..even if a game did have the function included i would never turn it on, am i a self-hater now? :P

I'd like to point some positive effort of Sony as a company in Poland. Our market is very small and piracy is very - mark my words - very common so it's nice of them to mention us. I think this particular cinematic translation was pretty good (ok... there is a typo on main screen ) and for a bit younger gamers it's a nice addition. Personally I prefer original version too (all mature guys here prefer original version - all movies in cinemas (cartoons excluded) are with subtitles, BTW have you seen German dubbing version of Star Wars )

Neos said:
kber81 said:
FishyJoe said:

I find myself choosing not to play some japanese games in english if the gave me the option of just english subtitles and no horrible voice overs.

Virtua Fighter 5 should have had this option, it kills my brain listening to the horrible english dialogue, and it's just the latest game I wish was only with english subtitles.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry, but that's a pretty funny story. You should post it on http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com . I would have to murder the girl that did that to my Wii. Okay, probably not murder, but I would really be upset at her....big time. You can't insert foriegn objects into a man's slot, it's like...unnatural.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
You can't insert foriegn objects into a man's slot, it's like...unnatural.

Sure not but I believe all woman's slots are useful.

On a related note it'd be cool to be able to put DS games in the SD slot to play them on the Wii, maybe only if you have a DS system active or something, just to be able to play on the TV like the old Game Boy thing on I think the SNES.

mancandy said:
HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry, but that's a pretty funny story. You should post it on http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com . I would have to murder the girl that did that to my Wii. Okay, probably not murder, but I would really be upset at her....big time. You can't insert foriegn objects into a man's slot, it's like...unnatural.
LOL... just checked out that site, its pretty cool! Yeah, I'll try and submit something tomorrow - no pictures though (nothing actually smashed or crushed ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Kill her. You NEED to kill her. For the betterment of the human gene pool. KILL HER!

It sucks that your Wii is borked, but anything THAT stupid should not be allowed to procreate, period.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks