By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bushnell: Xbox 720 will win next-gen

American businessman picks the American company to win. Yaawwn.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
He seems confident in M$' abilities and well, so am I. People above are calling him stupid, how so? He made an estimation, that does not make someone stupid. If it did, well, we're all stupid. We've all made estimations at least once in our lives, CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!

He is the founder of Atari, he understand how this business works, a lot better than you or I probably ever will. Keep your online ego in check and read what he has to say then consider it. OMFG ThIS GUY IS DUMB comments only makes you look that way. He's been in the business before I was born, likely most of us actually. Ohter people have said PS4 will outsell the 720, on this site and professionals I'm more than sure of it, don't see me talking shit.

So yeah, chill out. It's not like he is telling it as if it's going to be set in stone.

does he ? he left Atari in 1978, then managed a Pizza company, then had several tech companies which made househould robots and touchscreen arcades (ah yea, all of these firms died) and then rejoined "Atari, SA" (it was only Atari in name by then) in 2010, which went bankrupt in 2013

Lafiel said:
ironmanDX said:
He seems confident in M$' abilities and well, so am I. People above are calling him stupid, how so? He made an estimation, that does not make someone stupid. If it did, well, we're all stupid. We've all made estimations at least once in our lives, CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!

He is the founder of Atari, he understand how this business works, a lot better than you or I probably ever will. Keep your online ego in check and read what he has to say then consider it. OMFG ThIS GUY IS DUMB comments only makes you look that way. He's been in the business before I was born, likely most of us actually. Ohter people have said PS4 will outsell the 720, on this site and professionals I'm more than sure of it, don't see me talking shit.

So yeah, chill out. It's not like he is telling it as if it's going to be set in stone.

does he ?

Yes.

walsufnir said:
Besides that he said something against Sony and getting the full force against him (he founded Atari where almost all in this thread hating about him weren't even born...) he also said that MS' dev-tools are extremely good (and always were) which is what I keep telling for days now but some users just want to except. I definitely see a small advantage for MS in this case, too. Sony can buy "knowledge" in this area but MS already has the required knowledge.

Yet despite ps3 being a nightmare sony still consitently put out more software over the years, what does that say about MS? Now with SOny have vastly better tool kits and hardware and easier to code for, no price or head start he thinks MS can take PLaystation WW? Not going to happen unless something disastrous happens. 

Being in the industry  at one point years ago doesn't mean squat it making predictions, the so called experts are wrong moe then they are right.

Ssenkahdavic said:
SENTIENT6 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
SENTIENT6 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
They said the same thing about the PS3 vs X360 (and were right) and its pretty darn close right now. Just strikes me as a bit odd ?

No, almost all said PS3 would pass 360 years ago, even pachter. Theya re clueless.

Nice taking it out of context.  He is a developer, talking about this from a developers point of view.  The bolded above is a Analyst and a completely different animal all together.

Do you know who this guy is? He is way out of touch with gaming and has not had much to do with it in deacdes.

Once again, I think you have no idea what I actually wrote and are deciding to just take things out of context on purpose. 

While it is against my better judgement I guess I will go ahead and spell out what the first comment I made was.

They (meaning developers) said the same thing about the PS3 vs X360.  It was sooooo much easier to program for, and was closer to what a good bit of them were used to dealing with (a PC).  That is what I was referring to, dont care about the sales part (tho pointing out that obviously the easier to program for X360 did not = stupidly higher sales, as this developer is aluding too).

We all know that yet Sony still put out more software then MS, it was the price and late start that hurt Sony. This time PS4 is way easier to code for, so that advantage is pretty much gone as is the head start and price advantage. orry no way MS takes SONY ww without the head start and price advantage. Did you miss the newss PS4 is pretty much like a PC to develop for and architecture? HE obviously did.

Around the Network
SENTIENT6 said:
walsufnir said:
Besides that he said something against Sony and getting the full force against him (he founded Atari where almost all in this thread hating about him weren't even born...) he also said that MS' dev-tools are extremely good (and always were) which is what I keep telling for days now but some users just want to except. I definitely see a small advantage for MS in this case, too. Sony can buy "knowledge" in this area but MS already has the required knowledge.

Yet despite ps3 being a nightmare sony still consitently put out more software over the years, what does that say about MS? Now with SOny have vastly better tool kits and hardware and easier to code for, no price or head start he thinks MS can take PLaystation WW? Not going to happen unless something disastrous happens. 

Being in the industry  at one point years ago doesn't mean squat it making predictions, the so called experts are wrong moe then they are right.

Sony improved their dev-kits, yes. Seems to be no win if you take that they were not good before. The rest is arguable but I think it's useless until both companies show what the consoles really will be. Until then repeating opinions doesn't make them facts (MS no headstart, for example). And really: Would you have less fun with PS4 if NextBox would sell more units than PS4?

Edit: Nice that you mention "more" software, as if this would be of any use in terms of quality...

walsufnir said:
SENTIENT6 said:
walsufnir said:

Sony improved their dev-kits, yes. Seems to be no win if you take that they were not good before. The rest is arguable but I think it's useless until both companies show what the consoles really will be. Until then repeating opinions doesn't make them facts (MS no headstart, for example). And really: Would you have less fun with PS4 if NextBox would sell more units than PS4?

Edit: Nice that you mention "more" software, as if this would be of any use in terms of quality...

Where did I say I really care or would have more fun if one sold more then the other? It is VGCHARTZ a site about sales so GASP, they will get discusssed. The PS4 is a dream to develop for that has been established by all major industry partners, and it's also why indies have flocked to vita as well. It's not just a case of "Well it was bad before so any improvemnt is good".

The fact that a 1.5 year head start in Sonys strongest territoery and 1 year elsewhere was not a factr is not argueable, nor is the 600 dollar proce. MS had a big advantage for first 3 years yet sony still has consistently outsold mS, that advantage is gone this gen.

This would have been pretty accurate if it was made back in 2005.

SENTIENT6 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
SENTIENT6 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
SENTIENT6 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
They said the same thing about the PS3 vs X360 (and were right) and its pretty darn close right now. Just strikes me as a bit odd ?

No, almost all said PS3 would pass 360 years ago, even pachter. Theya re clueless.

Nice taking it out of context.  He is a developer, talking about this from a developers point of view.  The bolded above is a Analyst and a completely different animal all together.

Do you know who this guy is? He is way out of touch with gaming and has not had much to do with it in deacdes.

Once again, I think you have no idea what I actually wrote and are deciding to just take things out of context on purpose. 

While it is against my better judgement I guess I will go ahead and spell out what the first comment I made was.

They (meaning developers) said the same thing about the PS3 vs X360.  It was sooooo much easier to program for, and was closer to what a good bit of them were used to dealing with (a PC).  That is what I was referring to, dont care about the sales part (tho pointing out that obviously the easier to program for X360 did not = stupidly higher sales, as this developer is aluding too).

We all know that yet Sony still put out more software then MS, it was the price and late start that hurt Sony. This time PS4 is way easier to code for, so that advantage is pretty much gone as is the head start and price advantage. orry no way MS takes SONY ww without the head start and price advantage. Did you miss the newss PS4 is pretty much like a PC to develop for and architecture? HE obviously did.

Im confused.  Did you get attacked by a shadow and just happen to think it was me?  We are talking, IN CONTEXT, about what one developer said in his interview.  He said "easier to program for" and I was pointing out that was what was said by the MAJORITY of developers last gen.

That is obviously not the case so far with the PS4/NextBoxThing arguments so far.  Thing is, how many other developers have said anything about the NextBoxThing this gen?  Not many. 

Regardless of who wins next gen, one thing is for sure.  The gamers will win.

Talal said:
This would have been pretty accurate if it was made back in 2005.

lol it's wasn't accurate back and it certainly isn't accurate now ;)