By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think its safe to say at this point that DMC 2 will not be coming out.

Saw some reviews on it and looked pretty cool. Not sure why sales are so low, but the only dmc I played is 4 so I don't really mind the series reboot.

Around the Network

@OP

I understand that you like the game,but that doess't mean other fans should feel the same. Capcom took a gamble and it failed. I can't help but feel that Ninja Theory's attitude didn't help things. They antagonized the fans of the series and I think that only exacerbated the situation.

@Heavenly Sword Fans

Ninja Theory wanted to do a sequel. Sony was the reason that didn't happen. By the time Sony broached the subject, NT had already moved on. They aren't a big enough company to sit around with no income.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Turkish said:
Such a shame, DmC is the 2nd best DMC game ever. It was really good.

Totally agree. I loved the part where you get a SSS rating just by wishing for it. No combos required at all.

Actually that requires careful timing on the demon evade. And those exploits can be done on every DMC game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBstzmj6MQ

In fact that exploit is a lot worst than DmC. At least DmC requires you to successfully engage the demon attack after a successful demon evade. And it dosen't take you straight from nothing to SSS unlike DMC4.

Either way you've made a blunder or you did really know the whole time this was possible. Which is it?

Its a shame Ninja Theory wern't involved in FF13, you could blame them for that too, and you could blame them for FF13-2 selling less than half the copies of FF13. Because FF13, DMC4 and RE6 were all Ninja Theory's fault.

Ninja Theory tried WAY too hard to be edgy. Only a 1990's pimplebeard would enjoy this game.

Darc Requiem said:
@OP

I understand that you like the game,but that doess't mean other fans should feel the same. Capcom took a gamble and it failed. I can't help but feel that Ninja Theory's attitude didn't help things. They antagonized the fans of the series and I think that only exacerbated the situation.

@Heavenly Sword Fans

Ninja Theory wanted to do a sequel. Sony was the reason that didn't happen. By the time Sony broached the subject, NT had already moved on. They aren't a big enough company to sit around with no income.

Pretty much, you cant talk trash and expect results

Around the Network
A203D said:
Rafux said:

"Itsuno and Capcom will say anything to sell DmC"

Are you calling Hideaki Itusno and Capcom Japan lairs?

I know who Brea is. I'm not sure why she made that video, but I've seen players go beyond her with DmC, similar to the video I've linked to. The point is whether you accept her opinion or not, the DmC fans who want to play the game at an expert level have done that, and she hasn't met them on that level for whatever reason.

No I will say if you want to play the game spamming the same attack over and over again thats up to the player. If I play DMC3 I could easily spam the Kalina Ann on the first mission. That dosen't make me an expert at the combat. Its the player who chooses to meet the challenge; if the player chooses to avoid that challenge thats not determental to the players who are playing this game at an expert level. As we've already seen.

Like I've said show me some proof, show me your expert videos on Hell and Hell mode, show me your name at the top of the leaderboards. Prove you are more qualifed than Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno. Prove that you are an expert DMC player as you claim to be. Your telling me to accept what you say, then prove it.

I think I'm beign trolled here, you can't be real.

Capcom are assholes money grubbers and Itsuno is just being supportive, whats he going to say anyway?

"I know who Brea is. I'm not sure why she made that video" 

Cause she doesn't like DmC, she wants DMC5. Its so simple yet you don't get it.

"If I play DMC3 I could easily spam the Kalina Ann on the first mission"

Then go do it, but remember that the video I posted was ONE HAND, ONE BUTTON, VERY HARD DIFFICULTY. Show me please.

"That dosen't make me an expert at the combat"

That wasn't the point, the point was that the game is too easy. 

ike I've said show me some proof, show me your expert videos on Hell and Hell mode, show me your name at the top of the leaderboards. Prove you are more qualifed than Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno. Prove that you are an expert DMC player as you claim to be. Your telling me to accept what you say, then prove it.

Dude I think you have a problem, I have never claimed to be an expert DMC player. I can give my opinion in whatever subject or game I want to and I don't need to be an expert in it. Do you need to be an expert in art to see that this draw of Joey from Friends is bad? 

Its quite obvious that the combat mechanics and challenge have been dumbed down and casualised you don't have to be Brea to see it and in case you wanted an expert opinion about DmC then go watch Brea's video again.

but I've seen players go beyond her (Brea) with DmC

In your opinion man. We'll see if in the future if there is another of those Tru Style Tournaments they choose to made the videos with DmC or DMC4 (there won't be DMC5 sadly cause DmC killed the franchise)

I'm actually backing up my claims with the video I posted, the game is easy and unchallenging, I'm not even saying is a bad game its actually an ok game but as a DMC game is a step back.

A203D said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Turkish said:
Such a shame, DmC is the 2nd best DMC game ever. It was really good.

Totally agree. I loved the part where you get a SSS rating just by wishing for it. No combos required at all.

Actually that requires careful timing on the demon evade. And those exploits can be done on every DMC game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBstzmj6MQ

In fact that exploit is a lot worst than DmC. At least DmC requires you to successfully engage the demon attack after a successful demon evade. And it dosen't take you straight from nothing to SSS unlike DMC4.

Either way you've made a blunder or you did really know the whole time this was possible. Which is it?

Its a shame Ninja Theory wern't involved in FF13, you could blame them for that too, and you could blame them for FF13-2 selling less than half the copies of FF13. Because FF13, DMC4 and RE6 were all Ninja Theory's fault.

Oh please... there has to be a special situation and aligment for that to happen even then it requires good timming to pull it off.

In DmC you get SSS through all the game easily.

Rafux said:

Oh please... there has to be a special situation and aligment for that to happen even then it requires good timming to pull it off.

Nope, heres another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0KIPXZxh0

That one puts DmC to shame. DmC requires you to have good timing, it dosen't look like DMC4 does.

DMCs not simply about getting an SSS rank or S rank, its about getting an SSS rank and keeping it there through an onslaught of enemies. Like I said, if the game is as easiy and as casualised as you say, prove it. Show me how you play Hell and Hell mode with an SSS rank, topping the leaderboards. Surely if the game is as easy and as casualised this won't take an expert like yourself long. Or why not Dante Must Die mode?

No its a one word question. Are you calling Hideaki Itsuno a liar, yes or no? Is Brea preventing you from answering the question.

"Cause she doesn't like DmC, she wants DMC5. Its so simple yet you don't get it."

Exactly, of course I get it. It really is that simple. She dosen't like DmC so she dosen't play it at an expert level, she wants DMC5 (Nero and Kyrie part 2) so she dosen't show the truth. The problem is there are expert players who have shown the truth of the game, going beyond what shes done in her video. How will you explain that I wonder?

"I can give my opinion in whatever subject or game I want to and I don't need to be an expert in it"

Then you admit this is all your opinion and not fact as you claimed it to be?

"Its quite obvious that the combat mechanics and challenge have been dumbed down and casualised"

Quite obvious to someone who won't show us his proof on the upper modes, or proof with expert videos. Not obvious to me I'm afraid. What you find obvious is not my concern.

Actully as I already made clear; the expert videos on Youtube go beyond Brea's video. But you ignored those videos. Its your opinion its a step back because DMC4 was your first DMC game. That unfortunately along with your artistry skills are not my concern. I suggest if you want some form of veneration for your artwork you ask Brea. I have a feeling she will say its 'easy' and 'casualised'. As do all DMC4 fans, who even admit they haven't got DmC.

I'm sorry but I couldn't care less considering how bad this new DMC was. I'm not a big fan of DMC but the only one I enjoyed was the original...the rest were garbage.

A203D said:
Rafux said:

Nope, heres another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0KIPXZxh0

That one puts DmC to shame. DmC requires you to have good timing, it dosen't look like DMC4 does.

DMCs not simply about getting an SSS rank or S rank, its about getting an SSS rank and keeping it there through an onslaught of enemies. Like I said, if the game is as easiy and as casualised as you say, prove it. Show me how you play Hell and Hell mode with an SSS rank, topping the leaderboards. Surely if the game is as easy and as casualised this won't take an expert like yourself long. Or why not Dante Must Die mode?

No its a one word question. Are you calling Hideaki Itsuno a liar, yes or no? Is Brea preventing you from answering the question.

"Cause she doesn't like DmC, she wants DMC5. Its so simple yet you don't get it."

Exactly, of course I get it. It really is that simple. She dosen't like DmC so she dosen't play it at an expert level, she wants DMC5 (Nero and Kyrie part 2) so she dosen't show the truth. The problem is there are expert players who have shown the truth of the game, going beyond what shes done in her video. How will you explain that I wonder?

"I can give my opinion in whatever subject or game I want to and I don't need to be an expert in it"

Then you admit this is all your opinion and not fact as you claimed it to be?

"Its quite obvious that the combat mechanics and challenge have been dumbed down and casualised"

Quite obvious to someone who won't show us his proof on the upper modes, or proof with expert videos. Not obvious to me I'm afraid. What you find obvious is not my concern.

Actully as I already made clear; the expert videos on Youtube go beyond Brea's video. But you ignored those videos. Its your opinion its a step back because DMC4 was your first DMC game. That unfortunately along with your artistry skills are not my concern. I suggest if you want some form of veneration for your artwork you ask Brea. I have a feeling she will say its 'easy' and 'casualised'. As do all DMC4 fans, who even admit they haven't got DmC.

this won't take an expert like yourself long

You are not even listening, I'm losing my time here you are beyond salvation, the things you wrote and post are so wrong I just don't have the time.