By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think its safe to say at this point that DMC 2 will not be coming out.

A203D said:
Rafux said:

Did you forgot to take your medicine?

You don't know me man, I bought DMC1 back in 2001 and love it, it started as a RE game and it shows, DMC2 does not exist for me and DMC3 is the best game overall since they focused on the combat, DMC4 had the best gameplay combat but you don't care cause you probably play it for the story, do you play Mario games for the story too? 

If I don't like DmC is because is too damn easy and casualised, the combat is a giant step back, they wanted the GOW audience and it backfired. It was fun at first but is getting sad to see you cry.

I don't believe you. Your the same as every other DMC4 fan out there. Never played DMC1, blame Ninja Theory for everything that went wrong with DMC2, 3 and 4.

According to who is DmC's combat casualised? Not me, not the fans making combo videos on Youtube; and not Hideaki Itsuno and Capcom Japan, who designed the game. But I guess their all lying right? Because you say so.

No I do care about the combat; I've discussed the combat at length in the past. I felt they needed to updated the engine after the cumbersome lock-on system of DMC4, which was a relic of the Resident Evil series. Thats why Bayonetta trumped DMC4. Thats why Capcom and Ninja Theory updated the engine. If the game was as 'easy' as you claim you would be top of the leaderboards on Hell and Hell mode, or you would have some videos to prove it. If the gameplay was casualised you would be making videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyyB_QsJthA

But again your not... supprise. supprise.

Of course I don't know you; does that mean I should trust anything you say? How do I know your more qualified than Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno?

Wow you behave like a little kid, I did bought that game if you don't believe me thats ok. Itsuno and Capcom will say anything to sell DmC, Brea probably the best DMC player in the world already posted a video and she didn't like DmC she said "I need DMC5".

By the way nobody is discussing Bayonetta, we all know Bayo has the best hack and slash combat ever it also came out 2 years after DMC4. Capcom and NT didn't "update" the engine they bought an Unreal license since NT couldn't be bothered to learn the amazing MT Framework.

If the game was as 'easy' as you claim you would be top of the leaderboards on Hell and Hell mode

The game is easy and that has nothing to do with leaderboards even shovelware has leaderboards and that doesn't mean the game is hard, I don't even have the game cause I played the demo and got bored for how easy and unchallenging it was. Just look at this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT415jlEI0M

ONE BUTTON, ONE HAND ON SON OF SPARDA MODE!

You will probably say that that is very early on in the game, well then go and play DMC3 or DMC4 on very hard in the very first level and see if you can do that. The trustyle tournaments videos are made with DMC4 for a reason son or maybe you would say that it was just the demo well then who's fault is that huh? NT and Capcom not the fans, I'm not going to spend 60$ on a game which I hated the demo.

DmC in a nutshell: unchallenging, easy, dumbed down for broader appeal, giant step back in gameplay, total failure.

You got told again, must be embarrassing to be so wrong. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ninja Theory is such a talented company that does not deserve all the hate they've recieved. Capcom almost halved the expected sales and it still hasn't covered half of that. The people have spoken. Someone needs to shut down Ninja Theory. God...such a talented company that was poised to grow in the next gen. Theres no way Capcom is going to fund a second game. Stick a fork in it, its done. Fans only have themselves to blame when less and less great games come out per year.

How about not putting a cut scene in the DMC reboot that insults fans of the series who had issues with the hair change?

Why do you blame fans for being turned off by design decisions made in the game and then shoving these decisions in the face of the old fan base?

As for me, I never cared about DMC, unless it is Run DMC.

No more of this is a problem...

Turkish said:
Such a shame, DmC is the 2nd best DMC game ever. It was really good.

Totally agree. I loved the part where you get a SSS rating just by wishing for it. No combos required at all.

Rafux said:

If the game was as 'easy' as you claim you would be top of the leaderboards on Hell and Hell mode

The game is easy and that has nothing to do with leaderboards even shovelware has leaderboards and that doesn't mean the game is hard, I don't even have the game cause I played the demo and got bored for how easy and unchallenging it was. Just look at this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT415jlEI0M

ONE BUTTON, ONE HAND ON SON OF SPARDA MODE!

You will probably say that that is very early on in the game, well then go and play DMC3 or DMC4 on very hard in the very first level and see if you can do that. The trustyle tournaments videos are made with DMC4 for a reason son or maybe you would say that it was just the demo well then who's fault is that huh? NT and Capcom not the fans, I'm not going to spend 60$ on a game which I hated the demo.

DmC in a nutshell: unchallenging, easy, dumbed down for broader appeal, giant step back in gameplay, total failure.

You got told again, must be embarrassing to be so wrong. 

Lol, this vid is just sick!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Whenever i hear a game is trying to appeal to a wider audience or simplify i get a bad feeling. The Reboots goal was to get more players not to drive them away.
Who was the dude Tameem? He was saying that he doesn't care what the fans think and so on. He alone caused so much negative PR.
Also the game tried to be edgy or something with the constant swearing. Fck you! It didn't feel like i was playing Dante. Old Dante was a smartass, but he didn't swear. He wasn't a dick.

In other words. They failed to appeal for a wider audience and thus turning away old fans.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Turkish said:

Totally agree. I loved the part where you get a SSS rating just by wishing for it. No combos required at all.

Which part was that?

Turkish said:
Turkish said:

Which part was that?

The whole game. I thought you were being ironic as well...

Thankfully it won't come out. Now make us a DMC 5 based on the original series, Capcom.

Turkish said:
Turkish said:

Which part was that?

The whole game. I thought you were being ironic as well...

no, the game was really good lol

Rafux said:

"Itsuno and Capcom will say anything to sell DmC"

Are you calling Hideaki Itusno and Capcom Japan lairs?

I know who Brea is. I'm not sure why she made that video, but I've seen players go beyond her with DmC, similar to the video I've linked to. The point is whether you accept her opinion or not, the DmC fans who want to play the game at an expert level have done that, and she hasn't met them on that level for whatever reason.

No I will say if you want to play the game spamming the same attack over and over again thats up to the player. If I play DMC3 I could easily spam the Kalina Ann on the first mission. That dosen't make me an expert at the combat. Its the player who chooses to meet the challenge; if the player chooses to avoid that challenge thats not determental to the players who are playing this game at an expert level. As we've already seen.

Like I've said show me some proof, show me your expert videos on Hell and Hell mode, show me your name at the top of the leaderboards. Prove you are more qualifed than Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno. Prove that you are an expert DMC player as you claim to be. Your telling me to accept what you say, then prove it.