By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disney closes LucasArts -- Star Wars 1313 cancelled.

Very sad news! It's been a long time since they made any decent games, but it's a shame to see such an iconic developer close its doors.

Which company will be next?

Around the Network

Star Wars 1313 looked great honestly.

Any chance of someone buying the rights and finishing it?

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Well, at least some degree of contaction.  Jerry Bruckheimer also closed down his games studio also.  Apparently there is decreased interest to try to score big in the videogame business.

Man. Jerry Bruckheimer, too? I will never forget the hours I spent with such awesome Bruckheimer Arts classics as

Yes, the master of action genre was never was able to get a game produced, and decided to close up shop:

http://kotaku.com/5988112/jerry-bruckheimers-game-studio-which-never-produced-a-game-is-officially-closed

It seems there still exists a rift between the videogames and movies industry that Lucas Arts alone seemed to be one of the few who could cross over to.  So, with LucasArts gone, we now have to look forward to the ongoing divide and a videogame industry bleeding itself to death in read ink trying to be Hollywood, and get the cultural respect and so on.

Bad news... anyway a I little of fun.

Damn. And just when adventure games looked poised for a comeback.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network

*Vader* Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was looking forward to this. :/ Fkin Disney. >

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Wow. I don't think my boyfriend will be happy about this news.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

LemonSlice said:
Porcupine_I said:
Nooooo! Who will make all these awesome point and click adventures now?

...oh wait

LOL!

...Telltale? :p

Exactly!

For me Lucas Arts died when they stopped making their adventure games. I don't fell much sense of a loss right now

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’