By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Game of Thrones (Season 3) Official Thread - New Poll!

Who is your favorite character?

Jon Snow 59 18.85%

Tyrion Lannister 88 28.12%

Arya Stark 47 15.02%

Jaime Lannister 19 6.07%

Joffrey Baratheon 9 2.88%

Robb Stark 20 6.39%

Sandor Clegane (The Hound) 5 1.60%

Ygritte 4 1.28%

Bran Stark 7 2.24%

Someone else/ See results 50 15.97%

Total:308

Got about halfway through the thread before reading spoiler bait. Just wanted to say episode 1 was so-so. They changed like, everything, but it was still enjoyable.

Around the Network
pezus said:
walsufnir said:
meh, no belwas :( but it seems they can keep the high standard with season 3.

And he didn't even call himself Arstan Whitebeard

Still very much liking this as a seperate entity from the books.

the problem with visual story telling... people can easily recognize him which is different when reading the books ;)

pezus said:
theprof00 said:
Got about halfway through the thread before reading spoiler bait. Just wanted to say episode 1 was so-so. They changed like, everything, but it was still enjoyable.

What does spoiler bait mean? People asking for spoilers?

Anything that even resembles talking about something that happens later on. I read "the father of Jon Snow is chuck norris". Spoiler bait.

walsufnir said:
pezus said:
walsufnir said:

the problem with visual story telling... people can easily recognize him which is different when reading the books ;)

Sadly that robs us of a very interesting reveal later on.

Signature goes here!

I have watched the episode again and really would have liked to see bronn kick Mary Trants ass

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:
walsufnir said:

Sadly that robs us of a very interesting reveal later on.

Yes, this was very nice when reading the book. I can't say how much i would have loved to see belwas but it seems they didn't find an appropriate actor ;)

pezus said:
Augen said:
Official numbers

"Thrones delivered 4.4 million viewers for its premiere at 9 p.m. and racked up 6.7 million viewers for the evening after its two repeats were tallied. That’s up 13 percent from its premiere last year."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/01/game-of-thrones-premiere-ratings-3/

---------------

Even better than I hoped.

Cool. Somehow I had the impression that this show was more popular than The Walking Dead, yet TWD has 10m+ viewers per episode. Maybe it's just that people like to talk more about GoT, or it's more popular in Europe than TWD (very possible)

GOT is on HBO, which is a paid premium channel, AMC is free with a dish, way more people get it. TWD is also a main streram bandwagon show, GOT requires attention to detail and story telling.

Yeah no Strong Belwas sucks. They can always bring him in later though, who knows how the structure of seasons to books will end up being. They'll have to start splitting books up or they'll pass Martin if he keeps his current pace.

AndrewWK said:

Game of Thrones renewed for season 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/02/game-of-thrones-renewed-for-season-4

Given they planned on splitting book 3 "Storm of Swords" across two seasons this was a formality, but nice to see official confirmation. 

J_Allard said:

Yeah no Strong Belwas sucks. They can always bring him in later though, who knows how the structure of seasons to books will end up being. They'll have to start splitting books up or they'll pass Martin if he keeps his current pace.

My biggest concern with his pace is if he manages to put all things to a satisfying end before he... well, can't finish it :(