By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Game of Thrones (Season 3) Official Thread - New Poll!

Who is your favorite character?

Jon Snow 59 18.85%

Tyrion Lannister 88 28.12%

Arya Stark 47 15.02%

Jaime Lannister 19 6.07%

Joffrey Baratheon 9 2.88%

Robb Stark 20 6.39%

Sandor Clegane (The Hound) 5 1.60%

Ygritte 4 1.28%

Bran Stark 7 2.24%

Someone else/ See results 50 15.97%

Total:308
antfromtashkent said:
I keep reading that people are starting to like Jamie... Yah he repented about killing the king... but he still through a kid out of a window... that's unforgivable...

Repented? He never felt sorry for being the Kingslayer, NOR SHOULD HE. That was one of the only good things he's done.

And yes, tossing a kid out a window is pretty unforgivable... But his story seems to be one of redemption... He began as cavalier and callous, and starting with his time with Brienne, he actually starts growing a conscience.

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
antfromtashkent said:
I keep reading that people are starting to like Jamie... Yah he repented about killing the king... but he still through a kid out of a window... that's unforgivable...

Repented? He never felt sorry for being the Kingslayer, NOR SHOULD HE. That was one of the only good things he's done.

And yes, tossing a kid out a window is pretty unforgivable... But his story seems to be one of redemption... He began as cavalier and callous, and starting with his time with Brienne, he actually starts growing a conscience.

He should not feel sorry in our world... but in their world he broke an oath that made people hate him. hence the whole bathtub scene. He hated to be the Kingslayer. Thats what made him "more human" in the show.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i am so fucking pissed, i knew rob would be killed cause some idiot spoiled it, but fuck, his mother dead too?

and why the fucking lannisters always win, 3 seasons and the good guys lose everytime , this writer must be a psico

i am only counting on the mother of dragons , if the idiot writer kill her too fuck this show and the books :(

and dont quote this to hint me she will not be killed xD

but just tell me, will the stark get some luck later ? just say yes or no .

The good guys not always winning is what makes the books and the show so good. Sick to death of the predictable garbage where it is just a matter of how the good guys will win rather than if. I don't know what next season will bring as I had only read up to where the current season ends, but I love the fact anyone or hell even everyone could die or lose.

Well just saw the episode and wow. Dammit!!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
nanarchy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i am so fucking pissed, i knew rob would be killed cause some idiot spoiled it, but fuck, his mother dead too?

and why the fucking lannisters always win, 3 seasons and the good guys lose everytime , this writer must be a psico

i am only counting on the mother of dragons , if the idiot writer kill her too fuck this show and the books :(

The good guys not always winning is what makes the books and the show so good. Sick to death of the predictable garbage where it is just a matter of how the good guys will win rather than if. I don't know what next season will bring as I had only read up to where the current season ends, but I love the fact anyone or hell even everyone could die or lose.

but now its getting predictable that the good guys always lose

I disagree, personally I did not consider Robb or his mother or even Eddard to be the good guys, they have constantly acted with self interest and stupidity, they were simply built up as the "nice" guys, they are the sort of people in real life that you hope are never in charge. I would classify Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion as the good guys and they have had a mix of wins and loses.

PS: Favourite character would be Tyrion followed closely by the Hound.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

Good point about his age. We forget forget how young they were in books as they all seem 3-4 years older in the show. 

Going to read books 2, 3 and 4 before next season starts. I've read the first. It becomes kind of hard reading them after already knowing what happens but the writing is high quality and there is just so much detail. 

Lucky you! I've bought all the books available right now and have to read them all hopefully before next season starts. I at least want to be ahead, anyway.

This episode caught me off guard, it was crazy. I liked the twist and can see this affects Aria the greatest. Did Robb's wife, who I now understand isn't in the books from the comments, actually survive that massacre? It looked like she could have... Not likely though. Bring on the final episode for the season! A greater story is still to be told I'm sure!!

As for the voting, I'm not sure who my favorite character is. Perhaps John Snow. I don't want to be hurt again... </3

nanarchy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
nanarchy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I disagree, personally I did not consider Robb or his mother or even Eddard to be the good guys, they have constantly acted with self interest and stupidity, they were simply built up as the "nice" guys, they are the sort of people in real life that you hope are never in charge. I would classify Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion as the good guys and they have had a mix of wins and loses.

Eddard, acting with self interest?  LOL!!!

Andrespetmonkey said:
Augen said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
I don't understand the last episode. Does that mean all that build-up was for nothing? Seems like a waste of screen time and a shitty end to that part of the story. I'm not even pissed about those characters dying really, just that it seemed pointless. Book readers, is there a point to it?

That conventions of story telling don't confom to reality.   The notion that life to have a "point" needs some ending is based on our custom of story telling.  A Song of Ice and Fire is in certain respects a counter to traditional high fantasy tropes.  We want our bright hero to slay our dark villain in glorious fashion, but that is not how life works.  Westeros is more real than many other fantasy worlds because it is grim like medieval Europe truly was.  Book readers do not know how this ends (least the honest ones admit that) and that is part of the joy for me.  I have no clue who will sit on the Iron Throne and who will remain after this tumultous era.  It is refreshing that book 5 threw another curve ball making me go "WHAT?" yet again so cannot wait for book 6.

I am not saying it is for anyone, but I adore it.

I'm not saying I want the good guys to always win, I'm just saying killing off main characters for no reason seems like bad writing. 

The writers can kill whoever they want, even my beloved daenerys (pls no), but if it's just for the sake of it then it seems like a waste and lost potential, even if it makes it more "real" at the same time. If you like it, awesome, but I don't buy your justification. 

It's bad writing to get you to feel that the untimely death of someone is a waste and lost potential? Seems to me that's actually excellent writing. Seems to me that's a large point of Robb and Cat's death.

But if you want to know how it advances the story, well you'll have to keep watching. For instance, if Robb and Cat hadn't died and The Hound ransomed Arya back to them that puts Arya on a very different path than the one she's on with them dead. In many ways Robb and Cat surviving makes all the time invested in Arya and her experiences on her journey totally pointless. Arya's story ends when she's reunited with her mother and brother. But now that the last family encumbrance is gone her story opens up into a great unknown.

So it turns out Arya is a more important player in this Game than Robb and Cat, and for her potential to be unleashed the story needed Robb and Cat out of the way. Well now we have it.

The Lannisters think they've got this thing all sown up. Robb dead, Stannis routed and only a matter of time before they take him down completely. Balon Greyjoy will get his. Bolton and Frey are now united under Joffery and heading North to clear out the seaweed. The Lannisters feel really safe now. Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna last for the whole of the rest of the story. It takes Robb and Cat's death to put the Lannisters into a position of total dominance in Westeros.

Sure, all of these things could have been achieved by Jaime defeating Robb in the whispering wood at the end of S1. But this way its way more dramatic, and far more emotional.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

nanarchy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
nanarchy said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yeah well Tyrion's been whitewashed for this show. As soon as Tyrion thought about it for half a second he was dead keen on being married to Sansa, he surely wanted a piece of that fine Northern ass. He was so hard when they got up to their room that his cock almost ripped through his pants. That he also wanted Sansa to want him, rather than tolerate him, did mean he held back. But man he was totally in to Sansa. Tyrion did not at all see himself as an unwilling victim in that marriage plot. But in the show he was all I don't want this, I didn't ask for this, I'm as much a pawn here as you...bull!

Dany is an entitled brat. She has a good heart in many things, and wants to be a good ruler. But she's still all about herself. She isn't intent on conquering Westeros for the good of the poeple. Indeed she's happy to burn in dragon fire anyone who is opposed to her return. I want her on the Iron Throne about as much as I want Joffery on the Iron Throne.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Bloody hell. I don't remember the last time I was this shocked by a twist in a tv-series. Ned Stark's death was a huge shock, but this was 10x worse. I seriously thought that lady Stark would make it to the end. She was also one of my favourite characters and actresses.

I hate how much it affected me. I've been in a bad mood and feel quite sad over freaking fictional characters. There's a special place in hell for Mr. Martin.