By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. Who do you like better and why?

Sony. Why?

*Looks at avatar*

But seriously, they just have all the games I want to play. I want MGS4, and Resistance, and Jak, and Ratchet, and Uncharted, etc. You guys know the list, if not, PM Crazzyman

Around the Network

since when has nintendo ever been the underdog it was sega now microsoft if any. i really dont think there is one

I'd say Nintendo, because as a rocketpig has put it, they are the least sleaziest of the bunch.

Microsoft and Sony I loath fairly equally, but from an "Entertainment" point of view, Sony comes out on far behind. Their actions in the last few years (Rootkits on CDs, the Liksang lawsuits, general arrogance, etc...) hasn't gone down well with me. Sony will definitely have to impress me over the next few years before I consider purchasing any more of their products.

(Before anyone strings out a list of what MS has done recently, I did say from an 'Entertainment' perspective, so keep that in mind).

@ dante

I guess you have a short memory. The Gamecube finished 3rd last generation did it not. I remember when the DS launched, most observers expected the PSP, with all its supposed technical superiority, third party exclusives and support to dominate the DS, even despite Nintendo's historical dominance of handheld gaming.

Perhaps you predicted the success Nintendo now enjoys. I think most observers expected the PS3 and Xbox to dominate this generation, as many still do, despite all current trends suggesting the contrary.

I guess the DS and Wii are not underdogs anymore, but try telling that to all the Sony fanboys and internet commentators who STILL faithfully cling to the belief that the Wii will suddenly stop selling once PS3's exclusives are released. :P

sony cause I'm brand loyal, had a PS1, PS2, and now a PS3. oh yeah and a PSP but i hate PSP, i'm thinking of getting rid of it...not to get a ds, just to get rid of it.

Around the Network

Nintendo because of its games (Smash Bros. FTW)

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Sony all the way :P Sony gives me the complete package with no set-backs.

Reliable Console, yup all three of mine :P

Great games 1st 2nd and 3rd party, yup every generation :P

Technology pushers, check check :P

"Bang for your buck" PS1 played my CD's, PS2 my DVDS, PS3... god... everything

"Epic, movie style gaming" Definitely, if Sony had never hit this market I wouldn't be a gamer today :P Right before FF7 I was holding my breath for the next Chrono Trigger style of game, and FF7 with all their CG cutscene glory swept me off my feet. After Quest 64 I don't know if I'd have given nintendo another Chance at an RPG.

Online play! Man o' man I don't use this feature often, but it's nice having it :P ESP with Wi-fi!

Every time I purchase a Sony console I never have ANY regrets, I always get what I wanted and more :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

For the consoles, factoring in invasion, cost, reliability: Nintendo by a landslide

For the business end: Nintendo for its devotion to quality and Microsoft to devotion to the consumer

For games: Nintendo by a landslide again, its the most fun you can have with a game and the gameplay on their games are for the most part flawless (I still hate you Wii Play and your broken pool), and Microsoft for the PC type games with the best online of all, but would have gotten higher compared to Nintendo if it was free.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Depends on the generation, really. Last generation, I preferred Sony's offering, if not particularly Sony themselves, and was indifferent towards MS and Nintendo's offerings. This generation, Nintendo's been doing a lot of things I like, so they've got my support (though I don't agree with some of their business tactics, highly pro-survival though they are). As for Sony and MS, well... I've never been a big fan of either company's policies at large, and their target demographic for the 360 and PS3 seems to not particularly fit me any longer, either. I've never been that huge on graphics, to be honest, and have gotten more than a bit tired of the same formulas getting recycled over and over due to the same basic controller setup getting re-used for 20 years straight.

So basically, I'm not especially pro- or anti- towards any console maker. I appreciate what Nintendo has to offer this generation since it's something new and innovative, but that doesn't mean I'm going to worship them for it. I wasn't particularly positive towards Sony themselves even when I was buying my PS2 library over the years. And my attitude towards Microsoft over the years when I was a PC gamer using DOS and Windows wasn't cheery either. They provide the product I rely on for entertainment, and sometimes the software to run on it too, but that's all.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

thekitchensink said:
@Kasillas88: You know that two of the three games you mentioned weren't out yet in 1993, right?

He was quoting me, and what I was saying was that as I've grown up, Sony has continually made games as I mature that still appeal to me. Nintendo, on the other hand, just puts all their money in one basket, that is Mario, Zelda, andMetroid. Maybe I used a bad example of Mario Golf, but it seems as though the games I'd find on any Nintendo console are virtually the same, with maybe a few new innovations. But, I was done with Mario platformers after I finished Super Mario 64, and I was 7 at that time. Whereas, with a PS console, I started with Crash Bandicoot, then went to Spyro, then to Jak and Daxter, then Ratchet, and then what we have today, the psuedo-platformer Uncharted. Crash Bandicoot hasn't been rehashed 50 million times like Mario has. There's a new type of game always with a Sony console, but I guarantee in 20 years, the Nintendo (insert name here) will have some sort of Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong/Metroid game.....they won't let franchises die