By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 55- The Venture Brothers

Nachomamma8 said:
supermario128 said:
Nachomamma8 said:

you're blaming astro for the mislynch?

really?

Not entirely, I also blame you and myself. Although I put most of the blame on Astro, yes. 

Vote: supermario128

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

This is like the fourth time you've flopped on spurge, what's the deal?

really? I thought it was only the second?

Let's see, I suspected him day 1, then said I didn't, then today I did. Am I wrong?

It was a bit of a guess, but:

Started with vote to HoS as explained: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5251644

then he became a townread and you unHoSed http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5254026 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5254030

then he was in your top three http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5259068 (This is what I recalled and along with the current change has stood out to me)

then you trust him and would defend him http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5260811

and now said problem with spurge.

"then he was in your top three http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5259068 (This is what I recalled and along with the current change has stood out to me)"

Not sure why I wrote this :/ I've been suspecting spurge for a while, and I meant to be on his good side both to lull him into a false sense of security and also to deflect night-kill consideration. I guess the cat is out of the bag completely now, though...

My top three are spurge, mario, nacho.
I trust Astro and yourself

It seems strange that you're confident enough to call spurge town in order to avoid being nightkilled, but not confident enough to put a vote on them.

Spurge is a hard read in any situation, and last time I suspected him heavily he turned out to be a cop.
I'm biding my time with him and instead using his suspects and movements to find the narrative.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
@benao
Can you elaborate? Point out the contradiction and why it's so telling.

@FF
Surely you are joking? Not that it matters, it's just hard to believe you can honestly believe that.

It has to do with his first posts when he voted prof and then when he unvoted him. He first stated a position against voting early, and then when accused of being scum cast a vote rather early. Maybe more than a contradiction a sign of quick and poor decisions, affected by being nervous because of the accusation. It's far from being a definite tell, but I find it to be a better reason than the randomness of spurge.

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
@benao

@FF
Surely you are joking? Not that it matters, it's just hard to believe you can honestly believe that.

Why doesn't it matter whether I believe what I am presenting as my opinion?  

It doesn't matter, because neither of you, if town of course, are either lucky or right.
And you presenting it as your opinion just says more of your character(not in game terms) than of your alignment, so it doesn't matter in that regard either.

theprof00 said:

"then he was in your top three http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5259068 (This is what I recalled and along with the current change has stood out to me)"

Not sure why I wrote this :/ I've been suspecting spurge for a while, and I meant to be on his good side both to lull him into a false sense of security and also to deflect night-kill consideration. I guess the cat is out of the bag completely now, though...

My top three are spurge, mario, nacho.
I trust Astro and yourself

I get your reasoning, it fits your playstyle.* Was more curious where you actually sit regarding him, so thanks for making it clear.

*I believe you are town, but I'm incredibly wary that you're scripting the town tells.

benao87 said:
Linkzmax said:
@benao

@FF

It has to do with his first posts when he voted prof and then when he unvoted him. He first stated a position against voting early, and then when accused of being scum cast a vote rather early. Maybe more than a contradiction a sign of quick and poor decisions, affected by being nervous because of the accusation. It's far from being a definite tell, but I find it to be a better reason than the randomness of spurge.

I'll let Astro answer for this himself, but I see it as quite explainable.

So instead, I ask why you compare Astro to the randomness of spurge? Nobody has mentioned him being "random"(though I didn't hunt down every mention of him if a similar word was used) other than you.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

So instead, I ask why you compare Astro to the randomness of spurge? Nobody has mentioned him being "random"(though I didn't hunt down every mention of him if a similar word was used) other than you.

I only compare those two, because for me are the only things that are strong enough for me to build a case around.

No why  do I use that word on spurge, don't know, since the last game I kind of fixed that on his style.

benao87 said:
Linkzmax said:

I only compare those two, because for me are the only things that are strong enough for me to build a case around.

No why  do I use that word on spurge, don't know, since the last game I kind of fixed that on his style.

If you want me to explain it, fine. At first I thought it was pretentious to vote so quickly in the game. I had thought Rol signed up and I only quickly glanced over the roster. I didn't expect someone to troll the game so quickly. Linkz then urged me with a question that drove me to think that prof does have a history of lurking. I then decided to vote, thinking it was harmless so early in the game and that if Prof was not lurking I would unvote and a vote would root out lurkers. As soon as I realized as I was mistaken I unvoted.

I think my strongest leads are mario, spurge and FF with the last two only slightly leaning towards the mafia. I was thinking he was just an overconfident town for a bit but his poor reasoning aside from me hammering Stefl into a mislynch. Stefl was playing pretty bad for a town and seemed offly like scum. I must say the mafia are playing much better than last game. I only voted so late because I wanted to work on some homework before playing

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Seems like intentions are equally spurge and mario.
I'm just gunna put my vote here on spurge then
vote: spurge

It seems I said something Nacho didn't like. :P

I don't think Spurge is mafia. I'll keep my vote on Astro.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Good idea. I blame Stefl too.

How much time do we have left?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089