By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hits 4 million in Europe

Numbers just went up... Damn it's selling well. Who expected it to happen before NA?

Around the Network

Well I am very happy for it..

4 Million & not a SINGLE YEAR gone since it's inception....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS2 is doing nervously well too. *sighs*, it's just too cheap to get a great console with TONS of great games.

I wonder, how much is Sony making in every PS2 sold?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

woot! and it increased the gap between itself and the 360.

I beleive the ps2 has broken 116M according to vgchartz, thats impressive. Should make 125M by the end of the year.

Also the ps3 is selling quite well for itself in OTHERS and JAPAN compared to the xbox 360. Though america is still microsofts trump card.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

American sales of the PS3 are still kinda disappointing. If it was selling here like it does in Europe, we'd be looking at a whole different game right now.

congrats to the PS3, Europe really likes it, at least more than America and Japan seem to.

tombi123 said:
woot! and it increased the gap between itself and the 360.

Lol, I think you meant decreased the gap.

But anyhow, congrats to the ps3...4 million sold in PAL in just under 10 months without the big titles out.  Very impressive.  Can't wait to see some Burnout Paradise #'s! 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

=) One year ago we were still waiting for it and complaining about the fact that we have to wait so log.

I wonder if PS3 will have sold more in Europe than NA at the end of his lifetime.

Your making one mistake, it just sold 4 million in OTHERS, not in Europe. I'd say Europe is about 85% of Others anyway, but that means it won't reach 4 million for at least another 2 months.

As for having sold 4 million in Others: nice job, Sony. You at least have one region where they still love you.