By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lets End The Vita+Wii U Doom Threads Now! Post Lifetime Sales For Both and I'll Post It In The OP!

tbone51 said:

2. Which is a good saying, but for Vita/WiiU Sony+Nintendo cant. It will F*** up Consumer trust (6mil+ Users for WiiU and the 8.5mil+ for Vita) if they just let them go now and proceed with the next installments. This decision affects future Decisions/etc.

3. They cant slow kill the systems. Vita is doing decently in japan, and you dont kno if they arent making profits from it. As for WiiU, killing it off in the next year or 2 is too early. Thats exactly wat happened to Sega.

Im not saying WiiU isnt effecting Nin, cuz then i be lying. But letting go the wiiu where nost of Nintendo Hardcore fanbase is early isnt a good sign at all. Best they can do is ride it out and make the best profits they can. And WiiU isnt out just yet. Give it time, plenty of systems didn't go into full gear this early. 3DS is the only system out now with practically 100% of wat we kno the HH will do lifetime.

WiiU Successor should come no earlier than 2016 Holiday. My guess is 2017 and the HDS late 2015/2016!

Good points.

The Dreamcasts fate was sealed by the impact (lack of) of the Saturn. Jumping ship to early then killed consumer confidence in the Sega brand. Nintendo need to ride the wave no matter how small it is.

Around the Network

Wii U: 19,000,000 (18M to 20M )
Vita: 13,000,000 (12M to 14M )

Wii U terrible, Vita doomed...

leatherhat said:
WiiU- 27 million
Vita- 13 million

This prediction was made in March 2013!?!?!?

Best prediction ever...

Ryng_Tolu said:
leatherhat said:
WiiU- 27 million
Vita- 13 million

Best prediction ever...

The Vita should end at 15-17M, so it's not accurate enough to impress me.

Also, kek necro.

fory77 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Best prediction ever...

Also, kek necro.

15,000,000? Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe... with a miracle why not...

17,000,000?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
fory77 said:

Also, kek necro.

17,000,000?

The Vita deserves >15M

fory77 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

17,000,000?

The Vita deserves >15M

And Wii U deserves >100,000,000... but the sales are sales...

Ryng_Tolu said:
fory77 said:

#hapo

The Vita deserves >15M

That's sadly true...

tbone51 said:
daredevil.shark said:
tbone51 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Wii U and PS Vita are pretty much commercial failure. People need to accept this. Same fate as dreamcast.

Nowhere near the same fate as the DC. If they were they be already dead

1. I am speaking from a business point of view.

2. In our university one of our lecturer said, "Know your limits. Know when to pull the plug. Its better to cut the tumor before it spreads". Both Wii U and PS Vita are failure.

3. I know it will be very hard for both nintendo and sony to pull the plug of these two. It will impact future systems (I doubt if there will be any new sony handheld). Better option is to slowly kill these two. Suddenly killing these two will impact. So slow killing is best option.

1. No problem

2. Which is a good saying, but for Vita/WiiU Sony+Nintendo cant. It will F*** up Consumer trust (6mil+ Users for WiiU and the 8.5mil+ for Vita) if they just let them go now and proceed with the next installments. This decision affects future Decisions/etc.

3. They cant slow kill the systems. Vita is doing decently in japan, and you dont kno if they arent making profits from it. As for WiiU, killing it off in the next year or 2 is too early. Thats exactly wat happened to Sega.

Im not saying WiiU isnt effecting Nin, cuz then i be lying. But letting go the wiiu where nost of Nintendo Hardcore fanbase is early isnt a good sign at all. Best they can do is ride it out and make the best profits they can. And WiiU isnt out just yet. Give it time, plenty of systems didn't go into full gear this early. 3DS is the only system out now with practically 100% of wat we kno the HH will do lifetime.

WiiU Successor should come no earlier than 2016 Holiday. My guess is 2017 and the HDS late 2015/2016!

This, and we could add that with the Wii U and New 3DS are testing the waters for integration of the Amiibo figures and DLC. From a business standpoint, those two consoles are transitory for Nintendo, because the company is going through major transformations since 2012. I think Nintendo is trying to pave the way for a generation of more unified consoles and game production, so it hurts the actual generation. I think they were probably operating those changes back to the Gamecube era, because they might tell us they are constantly seeking for innovation, but I strongly believe they are in fact trying to find out what is the miracle solution for their games and consoles to sell equally.

Remember how they were trying to mix the 2D and 3D Marios by creating 3D Land and World, well that's how I think Nintendo works. They cannot do perfectly 2 things at a time, and I think they know it and they wanna create something that wouldn't hinder their profits. Amiibos, DLC, new game concepts are a way for them to strike balance in their business structure.

fory77 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

That's sadly true...

:( I personally don't know how Vita isn't Sony's most successful handheld. It annihilates the PSP for me. But as you say sales be sales.

Wii U again, utterly love it. I also loved the Dreamcast. Maybe I'm just a sucker for loving stuff the market then ends up rejecting :/

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.