By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic confirms: Unreal Engine 4 is NOT coming to Wii U

ethomaz said:

Sharu said:

Can you write down a list os UE4 games you are interested to buy this/next year?

The new Batman? The next BioShock? The next Borderlands? Mass Effect 4?

In fact Wii U will lost a lot of great games.

Not a single one of those have been confirmed for this or next year. Batman is rumored, but nothing official yet and ME4 is going to use Frostbite. Mass Effect went to crap anyway. My problems with it go way beyond the ending....

I sincerely hope that we don't just keep getting sequels to last gen games. If things like Borderlands 4-6, Battlefield 4-6, Dragon Age 3-6, Assassins Creed 4-6 etc etc are all that 3rd party devs can come up with next gen; I will be perfectly content without those games on the Wii U. I do plan on getting a PS4, but we seriously need some new franchises for multiplats. If they would take a different art style instead of throwing $70-$100 million at graphics,  a new IP would be less risky.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

These people laugh at Nintendo, and then folks wonder why Nintendo fans hate them all.

This makes me glad so many of them lose work so easily.

Eh? When did Epic Games lose work? It's engine has supported some of the most porfitable games this gen...so what are you on about?

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Well yes.....what else was going to happen? You can't make a pig fly no matter how hard you try. The WiiU specs obviously can't run Unreal 4 so yet again the Nintendo console will be stuck with Nintendo only games and few to no multiplatformers..

Unreal engine 4 can scale down to phones. Try again.

Phones being on par with modern consoles and about to surpass them, also as they don't run DX11, it is somewhat pointless.

Try again *rollseyes*

TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

These people laugh at Nintendo, and then folks wonder why Nintendo fans hate them all.

Eh? When did Epic Games lose work? It's engine has supported some of the most porfitable games this gen...so what are you on about?

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Well yes.....what else was going to happen? You can't make a pig fly no matter how hard you try. The WiiU specs obviously can't run Unreal 4 so yet again the Nintendo console will be stuck with Nintendo only games and few to no multiplatformers..

Phones being on par with modern consoles and about to surpass them, also as they don't run DX11, it is somewhat pointless.

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

Show me the specs for a Galaxy, and now for the PS3/360. Go on. Do it.

TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

You can't compare mobile-GPU and CPU specs with desktop level specs...those parts are many years behind. With your logic a PSVita also should produce MUCH better graphics than the PS3...

Around the Network
RicardJulianti said:
ethomaz said:

Sharu said:

Can you write down a list os UE4 games you are interested to buy this/next year?

The new Batman? The next BioShock? The next Borderlands? Mass Effect 4?

In fact Wii U will lost a lot of great games.

Not a single one of those have been confirmed for this or next year. Batman is rumored, but nothing official yet and ME4 is going to use Frostbite. Mass Effect went to crap anyway. My problems with it go way beyond the ending....

I sincerely hope that we don't just keep getting sequels to last gen games. If things like Borderlands 4-6, Battlefield 4-6, Dragon Age 3-6, Assassins Creed 4-6 etc etc are all that 3rd party devs can come up with next gen; I will be perfectly content without those games on the Wii U. I do plan on getting a PS4, but we seriously need some new franchises for multiplats. If they would take a different art style instead of throwing $70-$100 million at graphics,  a new IP would be less risky.

You don't want sequels of the best last gens third party franchises, but you are content on playing the same Nintendo franchises over an over again in your Wii U?

KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

You can't compare mobile-GPU and CPU specs with desktop level specs...those parts are many years behind. With your logic a PSVita also should produce MUCH better graphics than the PS3...

I see words, not numbers...

Go post the specs...or did you laugh to early and would look a little silly? 

TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

Sigh, I can post the specs:

Galaxy S4:

OS Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Exynos 5 Octa 5410
CPU Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 (In Europe, region that counts for me)
GPU PowerVR SGX 544MP3 (7,2 GFlops per core @200 MHz) Source

2 GB RAM

PS3:

Component Playstation 3
Media Blu-Ray
Processor 3.2GHz Cell - 7 SPEs
System RAM 256MB XDR @ 3.2GHz, 256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz VRAM
Graphics Chip nVidia RSX@550MHz
Max Resolution 1080p
Best Video HDMI 1.3 (on best system)
Network 1Gbit (1000Mbit), 802.11 b/g on 60GB model
Controllers 7 x Wireless
Hard Drive 20Gb or 60Gb

GPU: 218 GFlops

Source: http://www.futuregamez.net/hardware/ps3hard/system/system.html

PSVita:

Performance

CPU brand ARM
CPU model Cortex A9 MPCore (2,5 MHz per core)
Cores 4
GPU model SGX543MP4+ (7,2 GFlops per core)
RAM 512 MB

Sources:

http://www.theverge.com/products/playstation-vita-wi-fi/1617

http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a9.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerVR#Series_5XT

So overall the PS3 still is the strongest system :P

KungKras said:
hunter_alien said:
KungKras said:
JakDaSnack said:
KungKras said:
JakDaSnack said:
Birimbau said:

Nindendo fans, good luck with Nintendo exclusives only again.

Is there any other reason to buy Nintendo Consoles?  

If Nintendo gets 3rd party games they don't sell and all of the haters laugh and say that the game is on every other platform.

if Nintendo doesn't get 3rd party games, nothing changes and haters laugh and say that the game is not on the Nintendo platform.

It's the exact same cycle. 

Except for when games do sell like Epic Mickey 1 or Goldeneye or Resident Evil 4.

Epic Mickey was an exclusive, Goldeneye was made by Rare and was an exclusive, and Resident Evil 4 was originally an exclusive but later ported to the ps2.  I guessed you missed the part I bolded, if it's an exclusive then sure, it might sell pretty well, but if it's launched alongside everything else, the nintendo version rarely sells well.

What game on a Nintendo platform, that launched side by side with other versions (NOT CoD BLOPS2) and wasn't gimped in any way didn't sell well? Soul Calibur 2 on GC outsold the PS2 version. CoD 3 on Wii, despite being gimped outsold the PS3 version. People learned their lession about CoD on Wii after that though...

No they didnt... they simply accepeted that the Wii version will never have the AAA online component that is necesarry for CoD...

OT: why are people even surprised about this announcement? I mean the WiiU is an underpowered and underperforming system. If Nintendo doesnt get their act together fast, not even the ocasioanl japanese support will be enough for them #DQ10willbombontheU.

What do you mean AAA online component? From what I can remember, it played like the HD games, but lacked features that could have easily been implemented. For crying out loud, the Dreamcast ran Quake 3 just fine.

Do you even remember Friend Codes? Yes, Nintendo actually velieved that those where a good idea :)) Amazing online component, if you ask me...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KHlover said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Mr Khan said:

Mr Khan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Try again *rollseyes*

Bwahahaha, wut?

Sigh, I can post the specs:

Galaxy S4:

OS Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Exynos 5 Octa 5410
CPU Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 (In Europe, region that counts for me)
GPU PowerVR SGX 544MP3 (7,2 GFlops per core @200 MHz) Source

2 GB RAM

PS3:

Component   Playstation 3
Media   Blu-Ray
Processor   3.2GHz Cell - 7 SPEs
System RAM   256MB XDR @ 3.2GHz, 256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz VRAM
Graphics Chip   nVidia RSX@550MHz
Max Resolution   1080p
Best Video   HDMI 1.3 (on best system)
Network   1Gbit (1000Mbit), 802.11 b/g on 60GB model
Controllers   7 x Wireless
Hard Drive   20Gb or 60Gb

GPU: 218 GFlops

Source: http://www.futuregamez.net/hardware/ps3hard/system/system.html

PSVita:

Performance

CPU brand ARM
CPU model Cortex A9 MPCore (2,5 MHz per core)
Cores 4
GPU model SGX543MP4+ (7,2 GFlops per core)
RAM 512 MB

Sources:

http://www.theverge.com/products/playstation-vita-wi-fi/1617

http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a9.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerVR#Series_5XT

So overall the PS3 still is the strongest system :P

You're S4 specs are wrong, though that is an easy mistake due to how often new models come out. The CPU is in fact a 1.6GHz Octa-Core processor/1.9GHz quad-core processor in UK. "The Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with a 1.9GHz Quad-core AP or a 1.6GHz Octa-core AP [application processor]," the company said in a statement sent to PC Pro." at 28nm, which is far more advanced than the ancient relics that run the current consoles. Also note how that GPU runs DX 10.1....so straight away it has more features than current consoles.

Plus, is it really that hard to believe? How many people own phones and will happily drop £500 for a phone every 18 months, yet how many gamers complain if a new console comes out for £350 with a 4 year shelf life? One market has a future, the other does not.