By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton Alert. Shenmue III may be released for the PS4

Nope.

Around the Network
avais1993 said:
pardon me for my ignorance...but what is shenmue?

I thought about Shenmue and the fanbase and asked myself if the current userbase / core gamer even knows about it anymore.

It is SEGA game for the Dreamcast which was released December 1999 in Japan and November 2000 in the West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-MK4599A8

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

i would take this instead of any timed exclusive popular shooter any day

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

well the other games never come out in Australia or if it did had very limited stock, so no megaton to me.

How about a game of Lucky Hit?

Around the Network

It's not gonna happen guys, don't get your hopes up.

Nem said:
"for real you guys" Should be the hint to those of you who cant detect sarcasm.

Sarcasm is extremely hard to detect on the internet lol, normally phrasing like that is normally be reinforcement of the reality of something which is seemingly unrealistic. Its like saying, "Seriously"... 

But I just don't believe this. So I guess it was sarcasm, although poorly expressed IMO

teigaga said:
Nem said:
"for real you guys" Should be the hint to those of you who cant detect sarcasm.

Sarcasm is extremely hard to detect on the internet lol, normally phrasing like that is normally be reinforcement of the reality of something which is seemingly unrealistic. Its like saying, "Seriously"... 

But I just don't believe this. So I guess it was sarcasm, although poorly expressed IMO

Actually the proper quote was "For reals" which does make it sound very much like a joke. Thanks OP for spreading false hope.

Also a Megaton like Shemnue 3 wouldn't discussed so openly. If it was a Sony exclusive they would save it for a huge press conference ala E3, not in front of randoms at GDC.

DirtyP2002 said:
avais1993 said:
pardon me for my ignorance...but what is shenmue?

I thought about Shenmue and the fanbase and asked myself if the current userbase / core gamer even knows about it anymore.

It is SEGA game for the Dreamcast which was released December 1999 in Japan and November 2000 in the West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-MK4599A8

judging from the video it looks like something i would play :D, and graphics looks pretty good for a 1999 game 

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer